Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Freezepop

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-03, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Freezepop

www.freezepop.com

They broke from their local scene by their inclusion as a bonus song in the Playstation 2 game Frequency. Science Genius Girl was the song. The game had a sequel called Amplitude and Freezepop appeard on it as well with a song that also served as a tribute to their Frequency fans. They still play living room parties and small clubs. They have 2 CDs available through their website (both are quite good).

The band consists of 3 members... their music is quite retro-80's pop. It's very catchy and fun. If you've heard their songs before - be sure to hit the p2p to pick up some rare tracks not appearing on albums - Neverending story (cover), Jem theme (cover of the Jem and the Hollograms cartoon theme song), Bike Thief, and a cover medly of the Boom Boom Boom songs.

I think I might make this a semi-regular thing... introducing the forum to an indie band that few have heard of. This one is kinda high profile since they appeared in a video game, but they're an unsigned artist - so they qualify. It's also not typical of the kind of music I'll be recommending.

Those of you who like this, but also like punk music should check out another indie artist - Atom and His Package. www.atomandhispackage.com

Last edited by Trigger; 06-25-03 at 01:51 AM.
Old 06-25-03, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Freezepop was one of my favorite bands from Frequency. I didn't quite like SuperSprode as much on Amplitude but it was still pretty catchy. I've downloaded some of their rare tracks and enjoy them. Their albums are only available on their website, so check it out if you want to order any.
Old 06-25-03, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freezepop Forever, Science Genius Girl, and Supersprode are my favourites, but most all of them are EXCELLENT! Great band!
Old 06-26-03, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You guys oughtta try Atom and his Package.
Old 06-27-03, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Freezepop

Originally posted by Trigger
I think I might make this a semi-regular thing...
maybe not... this thread has tumbleweeds.
Old 06-27-03, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
I checked out some of the Atom and his package songs. They are pretty good. Some pretty funny/catchy songs like the metric system one. I would say to post more threads like this, I like to check out new music.
Old 06-27-03, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ok - well maybe I'll just confine it to this thread since you're the only one who seems to be interested.