Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live
View Poll Results: How would you rate Tool?
Great band
50.67%
They're ok
29.33%
They suck!!
16.00%
Who??
4.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Rate Tool

Old 04-27-03, 02:57 PM
Suspended

You know what....we get it...you dont like Lateralus. Please stop bringing this thead down.
Old 04-28-03, 12:05 AM

Again with the missing the point. Nothing I've said in the last 3 posts as signified a bias towards anything, and if there was one, it would either be in favour of the live version, or in favour of the recorded version. Either way, though, that's inconsequential as all I want to know is why the person I'm addressing my question to (read: not you) felt that the band would record a sub-par version of the song so that the live one would be better. Please stop carrying on your misunderstandings (stemming, no doubt, from not reading to what you're responding) so I can find this out without being hassled.
Old 04-28-03, 12:23 AM
Banned

Originally posted by mordecai
Either way, though, that's inconsequential as all I want to know is why the person I'm addressing my question to (read: not you) felt that the band would record a sub-par version of the song so that the live one would be better. Please stop carrying on your misunderstandings (stemming, no doubt, from not reading to what you're responding) so I can find this out without being hassled.

What he meant to say was that he liked the live version better. Not that Tool purposely made a crappy or subpar version for the album so that the live version would sound better.(which is a ridiculous statement, DVDHO never said that, you're just making stuff up)
Old 04-28-03, 02:09 AM

Anyways.....

Triad - I love this song, BUT I love the live version SOOO much better. Those who have seen it live know what Im talking about. Its almost like the album version is beeing held back. This song is ALL about Danny. This man is soo awesome on this song live, its just sick! You can always tell Tool is having a good time playing this song live because they always have big smiles on their faces. Hopefully this will be on the live DVD coming out so those who have not seen this live can!
I understand EXACTLY what MJK is saying. I've said it many times myself. Triad wasn't one of my favorite songs from Lateralus until I saw it live. And it's not that Tool put a sub-par version of it on the album.....it just comes acrossed soooo much better at 130 decibels with the kick drums pounding you in the chest!!!

"Goodnight....and we'll see you on the other side"
Old 04-28-03, 06:26 AM

Originally posted by evenflowddt

What he meant to say was that he liked the live version better. Not that Tool purposely made a crappy or subpar version for the album so that the live version would sound better.(which is a ridiculous statement, DVDHO never said that, you're just making stuff up)
Originally posted by DVDHO
I think the song was writen with the intentions of it being live or I should say better live
Written with intentions of it being better live. Nope, I did not make up a single thing. This isn't a vendetta, I honestly reacted to that sentence in a curious manner.
Old 04-28-03, 09:49 AM
Banned

Written with intentions of it being better live. Nope, I did not make up a single thing. This isn't a vendetta, I honestly reacted to that sentence in a curious manner.
Alright, if you're so sure, wanna bet? I'll bet you a $10 GC amazon.com or .ca that DVDHO didn't mean to say that Tool made a crappy version for the album so that the live version would sound better.
Let's see if you have balls or you're just hiding behind your computer screen and trying to start s*** up.

Edit: DVDHO, don't post your reply until mordecai has accepted or declined my bet proposal.
Old 04-28-03, 10:41 AM

Alright, if you're so sure, wanna bet? I'll bet you a $10 GC amazon.com or .ca that DVDHO didn't mean to say that Tool made a crappy version for the album so that the live version would sound better.
Let's see if you have balls or you're just hiding behind your computer screen and trying to start s*** up.

Edit: DVDHO, don't post your reply until mordecai has accepted or declined my bet proposal.
Sounds like a good bet
Old 04-28-03, 01:58 PM

Are you trying to make this as juvenile as possible? My point is that I was reacting to it exactly as it was written. I, for one, don't read things into people's posts that aren't there, because as you're currently demonstrating, you can be flat out wrong: this wouldn't even be seen as starting **** if you weren't assuming things about my posts that you have no way of proving, and are content in arguing over. I'm not continuing this, because you're the one trying to pick something in a manner that's so poorly reflective I question whether it's not a joke.
Old 04-28-03, 03:55 PM
Mod Emeritus

Great band 38 = 50.67%
They're ok 22 = 29.33%
They suck!! 12 = 16.00%
Who?? 3 = 4.00%
[....] I'm not continuing this [....]
Neither am I.

I think everyone has now had a fair crack of the whip and the opportunity to have their say.

Betting within DVDTalk forums nearly always ends in tears and, if truth be told, there is nothing much in the way of a constructive "rating of Tool" going on here any more.

The poll is over and so is the thread. No immediate continuations this time, please: let's instead move on to other favourites/topics and leave serious Tool-time for a couple of weeks.

Benedict
Moderator, Music Talk