DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   the grammy discussion thread (and a list of performers) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/272655-grammy-discussion-thread-list-performers.html)

hgar78 02-23-03 08:09 PM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Did dustin hoffman really need to show up Drunk??

Now if we can jsut get through the night without Avril winning one, it'll be the best grammy's in 4 years.

rotfl rotfl

i was thinking the exact same thing!

Rogue588 02-23-03 08:11 PM

Thoughts so far...

Simon & Garfunkel -- -eek- Wasn't it said that they'd NEVER perform again together..?? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

No Doubt -- Gwen & the gang were good, but for some reason I wasn't impressed. :down:

Norah Jones -- Man O Man O Man. I love her. :drool::drool:

The one, two, three punch of Vanessa, John & James Taylor & Yo-Yo Ma :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Vanessa looks so much hotter since she cut her hair differently [and that OUTFIT :drool:]. John was good. Loved his acceptance speech. [BTW...he used to work at the Mobil station down the street from my house..not that it matters ;)]

Faith looked really good and I didn't have that much of a problem with her performance. But, I see what you guys are talking about..

A little while back someone in Music Talk started a thread about the Dixie Chicks' cover of Landslide. I said that luckily I had never heard it. Unfortunately, that's no longer the case and after I get done typing this, i'm gonna go :yack:

Justin & Kylie? This isn't the VMAs. If you wanna feel her ass, do it backstage. We don't need to hear about it and you amused no one but Kylie.

Did anyone notice how Puffy's demeanor changed once he started announcing the Rap grammy. I guess he was getting "street". :lol:

And now that I think of it...based on the "guest" announcers so far, perhaps they NEED a host.

hgar78 02-23-03 08:18 PM

terrific performanc by coldplay and the NYP :thumbsup:

ClarkKentKY 02-23-03 08:20 PM

Best New Artist has to be John Mayer, I'd say Norah, but i feel like she has a pretty decent shot at "Best Album" so i'm trying to spread the love.

Norah will get Best Album, unless they give it to Token Bruce.

(I'm glad to see Avril didn't win any earlier in the day. Just a couple more hours....)

Rogue588 02-23-03 08:21 PM

Ya know, it was starting as I typed my post and I was going to say that this should be good...

Good thing I didn't...

It was simply okay.

Rogue588 02-23-03 08:23 PM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
I'm glad to see Avril didn't win any earlier in the day. Just a couple more hours....
Yeah, but Ashanti won one..which is just as bad...

But if FALLON wins...:yack:

ClarkKentKY 02-23-03 08:27 PM

:yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack: :yack:

Time to mute the TV

Thumbs 02-23-03 08:28 PM

Avril...nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thumbs 02-23-03 08:33 PM

"She sang a crappy song, it went on way too long!"

Rogue588 02-23-03 08:33 PM

rotfl the Grammys blatent attempt at trying to appease the MTV crowd... rotfl

I had tickets to go to the Grammys. A shame I didn't. I wouldn't have minded knocking a few of those young'uns in their kneecaps as they were jumping up and down in front of the stage...

TheMadMonk 02-23-03 08:35 PM

Fallon didn't win!

I'm just glad I'm not the only guy here who likes Norah, and absolutely hates Avril. She needs to go far, far away.

Rogue588 02-23-03 08:39 PM

"Everybody loves Nelly" :hscratch:

I think NOT.
[the female dancers surrounding him are a different story...:D]

conscience 02-23-03 08:41 PM

Coldplay is so ****ing awesome.

conscience 02-23-03 08:42 PM

did that girl in the back fall during hot in herre?

:lol:

Sorry.

ClarkKentKY 02-23-03 08:45 PM

Nelly's performance confuses and angers me.

I think Fred Durst made a new word. "agreeance"

conscience 02-23-03 08:45 PM

System of a Down and Godsmack are the only "HARD" rock performances on that list.

Foo Fighters are Modern Rock.

Sometimes I just don't get these nominations from the Grammys.

Rogue588 02-23-03 08:45 PM

"This war should go away as soon as possible...and BESIDES that..."

rotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotflrotfl

Nice sentiments Fred, crappy delivery..

conscience 02-23-03 08:46 PM

I missed Simon and Garfunkel because I did not get home in time.

damn slow pokes on the highway.

I hope it comes online soon.

Chad 02-23-03 08:46 PM

Fred Durst made a political statement! :eek: CBS won't take too kindly to that...

Foo Fighters win the best Hard Rock category. :up: Some real rock finally wins! :up:

Edit: Food?

Rogue588 02-23-03 08:49 PM

Originally posted by Chad
Food Fighters win the best Hard Rock category. :up: Some real rock finally wins! :up:
Agreed :thumbsup: But it's Foo, not Food. :)

I realize you were just excited in the moment...:lol:

Chad 02-23-03 08:51 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
Agreed :thumbsup: But it's Foo, not Food. :)

I realize you were just excited in the moment...:lol:

I was eating an egg roll while typing. :D

shanester 02-23-03 08:52 PM

Avril had a tough time holding those notes.I don't get her popularity

Nice to see EMINEM acting humble for a change and not his usual look at me I'm a whitey boy with a bad attitude routine

As others have said SIMON+GARFUNKEL were awesome with thier accoustic verison of Sounds Of Silence

PS John Mayer is the male version of Stevie Nicks. I couldn't understand a damn thing he was saying..:)

ClarkKentKY 02-23-03 08:54 PM

BUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

You'd figure a room full of musicians and producers could figure out a frikkin sound board. There was an annoying buzz during Avrils performance (insert joke here) And you couldn't hear Robin Williams at all.

conscience 02-23-03 08:58 PM

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band :up: They were great.

Silvio rocks! ;)

They are probably the greatest band to see live. The ticket price was ridiculous though. But I'd pay it again.

Other notes:

John Mayer sings really weird. He looks like he "unsnaps" his jaw whenever he performs.

Avril has nothing on Britney Spears, I tell you what.

Why can't rappers actually sing? Eminem is about the only one who actually carrys a tune while singing live.

Chad 02-23-03 09:00 PM

Ch ch ch ch Chia...