Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Any Massive Attack Fans?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Any Massive Attack Fans?

Old 11-14-02, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Massive Attack Fans?

If so, here's some good news:
Massive Attack Opens '100th Window'

Massive Attack has dubbed its fourth album "100th Window" and will release it Feb. 10 in the U.K. via Virgin; a North American release date is penciled in for some time in February. As previously reported, the set features guest appearances by Sinead O'Connor and Blur's Damon Albarn as well as longtime vocal collaborator Horace Andy.

"100th Window" will be the long-awaited follow-up to 1998's "Mezzanine" (Virgin), which debuted at No. 60 on The Billboard 200 in May 1998 and has sold 395,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan. The set included the single "Teardrop," which reached No. 10 on Billboard's Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles tally.

Massive Attack's Robert "3D" Del Naja, who spearheaded most of the work on the new disc, revealed the track list and more information in posts on the group's official Web site. The album will have nine songs, including first single "Special Cases," "Butterfly Caught," "Name Taken," and closer "Antistar." "After 'Antistar', there is a 13-minute long bassline to do dinner to/sleep at the wheel to/or f*** your brains out to -- it neatly takes the CD up to its 74-minute limit," Del Naja writes.

Del Naja also explains the genesis of the album's title. "'100th Window' is an Internet privacy metaphor which became the title of a book [by Charles Jennings and Lori Fena]," he said. "The idea [is] that no matter how careful u are -- no matter how many security devices u have on your windows -- u will leave just one of them unprotected -- everyone can and will know everything about u and there will be truly nowhere left to hide."

Del Naja said that the group, which also features Grant "Daddy G" Marshall, will be streaming the album on its Web site in December or January. He is already breaking ground on Massive Attack's next album, with plans to "hook up with Tom Waits and Mos Def for that project."

Here is the track listing for "100th Window":

"Future Proof"
"What Your Soul Sings"
"Everywhen"
"Special Cases"
"Butterfly Caught"
"A Prayer for England"
"Small Time Shot Away"
"Name Taken"
"Antistar"
Old 11-14-02, 11:48 AM

woooohoooo!

Thanks! now that's REALLY good news!
(especially after all these split-up rumours)

massive attack rule! one of the few artists who didn't put out one bad album yet
Old 11-14-02, 12:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I hope they tour! I hope they tour! (claps hands manically)
Old 11-14-02, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for posting this. The most interesting thing I've read on the music page in a long time.
Old 11-14-02, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait. Mezzanine hasn't left my CD wallet since 1998... even got mine in London.
Old 11-14-02, 07:41 PM

Fabulous news. I'm sure 100th Window will be another great album...
Old 11-15-02, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

excellent. i can't wait.