Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

White Stripes this week?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

White Stripes this week?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-02, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White Stripes this week?

Anybody know if the re-release of White Blood Cells with the extra songs and videos is out this week? Circuit City listed it in their Sunday flyer, but both Best Buy and amazon list the release date as 11/5.
Old 10-29-02, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man! They did it to me again, first The Strokes, now the White Stripes! I just bought De Stijl and thought I had all the Stripes stuff, now I am going to have to re-buy White Blood Cells.... Oh well, at least I get to see theri videos whenever I want .
Old 10-29-02, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, awesome...if I can pick this up for under $10 I'm so there.
Old 10-29-02, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Went to CC and BB today neither of them had this edition. Why advertise it for the release date and then you don't come through.
Old 10-29-02, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Amazon says it doesn't come out 'til Nov. 5. Dammit, I'm torn, I hate 'double-dipping' but I did really enjoy the videos for these songs... Anyone know anything about the all-new WS album, called "Elephant" I think? At one point I had heard it was supposed to come out this fall also...
Old 10-29-02, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
Amazon says it doesn't come out 'til Nov. 5. Dammit, I'm torn, I hate 'double-dipping' but I did really enjoy the videos for these songs... Anyone know anything about the all-new WS album, called "Elephant" I think? At one point I had heard it was supposed to come out this fall also...
Elephant comes out in February.
Old 10-29-02, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
Anyone know anything about the all-new WS album, called "Elephant" I think? At one point I had heard it was supposed to come out this fall also...
This was in NME Magazine not long ago:

"The band had been the toast of record company accountants and the 'keep rock real' brigade for making the LP for just £6000. This they did by using tin cans with strings attached to them and recording onto an old Japanese tape machine they found in a skip. They further cut costs by recording some of the album in instrument shops - Meg would pretend to be testing drums, while Jack would furtively record her beats onto a borrewed dictaphone."

Sounds very interesting -- and quite original. I can't wait.