Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Is anyone here in a band?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 09-02-02, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if anyone else out there plays an instrument or is in a band.

I was in one band years ago. The town I live in (New Haven, CT) isn't very condusive to be a musician. It's been pretty much the same ten guys over the past 10 years. And I had the misfortune to be number eleven. The other bands were terrible, but they all thought they were immune to critisicism just because they were "doin' it man!!".

Just wondering

Last edited by Captain Harlock; 09-02-02 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-02-02, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used to have a band when I was in Bakersfield. And had one in Minneapolis. Right now, I'm in Evansville, IN, and have no band. Trying to get one together though (unfortunately, Evansville doesn't have a big music scene). I play guitar and write songs. I think our sound was described as Pixies, early Who, and Motown thrown in a blender. But that description really makes no sense...
Old 09-03-02, 01:31 AM
Banned

Yes, I am in several bands. They're called The Cancer Conspiracy, The Implants, Southern Culture on the Skids, and The Gossip.
Old 09-03-02, 09:14 AM

I'm in a band right now called Cornelius Dog . We're a two man Acoustic Duo at the moment.
Old 09-03-02, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Bass God
Yes, I am in several bands. They're called The Cancer Conspiracy, The Implants, Southern Culture on the Skids, and The Gossip.
In? Or into?
Old 09-03-02, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I am currently in a band here in Boston called Out of Order. Just something I do for fun although we do play about 2 nights a week (during the warm months). I play bass and guitar. Mostly just top 40 rock and stuff. Our singer Chrissy is very good.

I was a professional musician in the early 90s working for LaFace records out of Atlanta. Played with a lot of great artists over the years. Played bass, lead guitar and did sample work.

After that I put some fantastic bands together in Chicago mostly funk bands (one a cover band called Flashlight doing mostly Parliament, Funkadelic, Chic, etc.)) the other was a original funk band called Hunt the Wumpus.

It's funny because the girl that was one of the singers in my funk band in Chicago moved to Boston this year and I have been doing some work with her. We are going to be cutting a CD soon.
Old 09-03-02, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been in a handful of bands, but I've found that I don't work too well with other people.

So, to compensate, I'm doing a solo-acoustic-conceptual project. I'm trying to segue all of my songs into the others, but it is impossibly difficult. I've managed to get three songs together, and I'm hoping for 7 before I go record anything.
Old 09-03-02, 07:55 PM

I'm in a band called The Garage.

you'll be hearing of us soon.
Old 09-04-02, 04:25 PM
Cool New Member

I play in a traditional metal band called 'Jag Panzer'. We even have a DVD out! We're not a household name by any means, but we do have an international record deal, play around the world, and are fairly well known in the underground metal scene.

www.jagpanzer.com

Mark