Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Stellar* & Tom Bailey

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Stellar* & Tom Bailey

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-02, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stellar* & Tom Bailey

Hi ..
Just wondering if anyone else are fans or have heard of the band stellar* from New Zealand?

They are fantastic!
Their producer is Tom Bailey who used to be in the Thompson Twins back in the 80's.

They are huge in their hometown.... I got into them through Tom Bailey's involvement as I really like his stuff in the 80's and his work as the band Babble in the 90's with Alannah Currie.
But I must say I REALLY got into them for who they are and not just because of Tom's work!

They are well worth checking out, their music is rock/pop guitar based with a touch of dub electronica, they have been dubbed "Rock-Tronic" in Australia!
If I had to compare them to another band, ...kinda like the band Garbage in a way. Don't like comparing though.

Anyone else into them?

Also, anyone heard Tom Bailey's new band International Observer? Instrumental dub break-beats.
I got to see him play live in London on 4th July, excellent!

- Cheeky g