Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone like Toad the Wet Sprocket as much as me?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Anyone like Toad the Wet Sprocket as much as me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-02, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ahhh Toad....

My favorite band.... together or seperated.

I have some rare stuff... a bootleg of some rare cuts as well as a bootlet concert in addition to all of the full albums.

...I think the better question for me is if anyone else is in love with the song "Windmills" on Dulcinea. I can listen to that song 100 times in a row and never grow sick of it. There's just something about it....

Out of three attempts, I only got to see them once in concert. The first time I got Mono just before the Toad/Rusted Root (before they sucked, during the good years) concert in Pittsburgh.
The next time, their concert was the day I left for my freshman year of college (nevermind I had tickets long before they told me when I needed to be there!)

I finally got to see them at Georgia State the year before they broke up. I owe it all to my roommate who had been listening to the radio earlier in the week and heard they were coming. He could have cared less but he made sure to tell me (I thought it was a joke!).

Anyway... not that any of what I'm saying is big news. It's just nice to be sentimental for Toad the Wet Sprocket every once in a while.
Old 05-10-02, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Ahhh Toad....

Originally posted by jdpatri

I finally got to see them at Georgia State the year before they broke up. I owe it all to my roommate who had been listening to the radio earlier in the week and heard they were coming. He could have cared less but he made sure to tell me (I thought it was a joke!).

Anyway... not that any of what I'm saying is big news. It's just nice to be sentimental for Toad the Wet Sprocket every once in a while.
LOL -- that's the only one I ever went to as well!! I remember it was just amazing, with a relatively small crowd on one side of the volleyball gym. So much fun. That's the night I got to hang with Glen. Not that you'd remember, but my ex-girlfriend at the time requested "Little Heaven" when we were hanging out upstairs, and he introed the song with a salute to her --- pretty cool!! Man, do I miss that group. Too bad they couldn't have made it HUGE so I could at least still get some music from them as a band. I hope the others besides Glen Phillips are doing well.

WRITTENINSTARS -- Hey, thanks so much for that!! That's so sweet of you. You've certainly talked me into getting the DVD -- if nothing else but to support an ex-Toad man. Can't wait to hear/see it!!!
Old 08-06-13, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Re: Anyone like Toad the Wet Sprocket as much as me?

Toad the Wet Sprocket is back with a new cd. New Constellation.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toadthewetsprocket/new-studio-album-from-toad-the-wet-sprocket/widget/video.html" frameborder="0"> </iframe>
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e-wet-sprocket (Kickstarter project ended Aug 4th)

http://toadthewetsprocket.com

Last edited by Match; 08-06-13 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-07-13, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,299 Likes on 796 Posts

Godamn they look old. And I see I made comments on this thread freaking 11 years ago. Ugh.
Old 08-07-13, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long time fan of Toad here. I got into them between the releases of "Pale" and "Fear". Fear blew me away when it came out and I've been a die hard fan ever sense. They are my 2nd most seen band - I've seen them from NH to Mass to Virginia and back. Sad when they broke up but continued to pick up all of Glen's solo stuff and catch his solo shows. Have caught every "reunion" tour they did.

I've come *this* close to doing a photoshoot with Glen but it fell apart at the last minute with a late tour bus.

Happy with the new album, but somewhere in the middle it feels like it turns into a Glen album with the acoustic stuff. Was hoping for a little more "band" songs. I like it, but I feel like it could have been better. Some of it feels like Glen outtakes from his old albums.