Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

three new bjork dvds nov.19

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-01, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I dunno how many of you bjork fans know this, but for those who don't, we can expect 3 new DVDs soon! I for one am extremely excited. From Grapewire:

---------------
The first one is BJORK500DVD (ONE LITTLE INDIAN)

Björk - Live At Shepherd's Bush
Recorded Live at Shepherds Bush Empire on 27th February 1997 and directed by David Barnard. Filmed at the end of the 'Post' album campaign, the show was recorded on a full 8 camera shoot and is released in normal aspect ratio. Digitally remastered. (see Meester Fly's photos here).

MWC's own Lunargirl and HyperTech were at this concert (although this was long before they became MWC's; in fact this was the concert that brought them together and sparked the fansite The Ultimate Intimate), and I - lunargirl - remember this as the best concert I've been to; the energy and radiance she emitted was unlike anything I have seen on any other Björk concert. Defying technical errors (which sparked the most fabulous improvisations - yay for unpredictability in technical equiptment!) and a few re-takes, it was grandiose. Björk was very talkative and consulted the audience on what they wanted the encore to be, resulting in me shouting a song-name and Björk, looking me straight in the eyes, shouting back at me that she couldn't hear me over the massive response from the crowd (for detail's sake; I shouted "Vísur Vatnsenda-Rósu" and she played Venus As A Boy. Close, but no chihuahua! Hehe.). And everyone was shocked and thrilled when she first came out on stage with all of her long hair cut off, the short remains gel-slicked from the back of her head to the front, creating an illusion of a storm raging behind her at all times. Being up front and so close that I could see the henna-tattoos on her palm (or possibly maybe just her scribbled grocery list). All in all a fabulous night; a fabulous performance; and no doubt it will be a fabulous DVD.

01. Headphones
02. Army Of Me
03. One Day
04. The Modern Things
05. Venus As A Boy
06. You've Been Flirting Again
07. Isobel
08. Possibly Maybe
09. I Go Humble
10. Big Time Sensuality
11. Hyperballad
12. Enjoy
13. Human Behaviour
14. Anchor Song
15. I Miss You
16. Crying
17. Violently Happy

The second one is BJORK503DVD (ONE LITTLE INDIAN)

Björk - Live In Cambridge
Recorded in Cambridge on December 2nd 1998 and directed by David Barnard. Filmed on the UK leg of the 'Homogenic' album tour with the Icelandic string octet and Mark Bell, the show was professionally shot and is released in normal aspect ratio.

01. Hunter
02. Come To Me
03. All Neon Like
04. You've Been Flirting Again
05. Isobel
06. Immature
07. Play Dead
08. Alarm Call
09. Human Behaviour
10. Bachelorette
11. Hyperballad
12. Pluto
13. Anchor Song
14. Joga

The third one is BJORK506DVD (ONE LITTLE INDIAN)

Björk - Unplugged / Live 'N' Loud
This release features two complete and unique MTV performances. The first show were recorded in 1994 during the promotion of Bjork's second million selling solo album 'Post', the other one was performed and recorded in early 1998 (see Meester Fly's photos from the recording here).

MTV Unplugged (1994)
01. Human Behaviour
02. One Day
03. Come To Me
04. Venus As A Boy
05. Big Time Sensuality
06. Violently Happy
07. Crying
08. Like Someone In Love
09. Aeroplane
10. Anchor Song

MTV Live 'n' Loud
01. You've Been Flirting Again
02. Isobel
03. Human Behaviour
04. Bachelorette
05. Joga
06. Pluto

here's the link:
http://www.bjork.com/new.php?realUrl...1&element_id=0
Old 10-29-01, 10:01 PM
Banned

The article doesn't mention it, so I feel I should point out that these are scheduled for release in the UK only. They may not be R2 encoded but they'd definitely be in PAL format. U.S. versions haven't been mentioned.

Just FYI.

Edit -- OK, nevermind, DVDFile says they're being released in the U.S. on the same day. I assume Warner/Elektra is handling the U.S. releases.

Last edited by Josh Martin; 10-29-01 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-29-01, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,131 Posts
I'm a BIG BJORK FAN!!!

Thanks for the heads up!!!!
Old 10-30-01, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

excellent news
it seems like i've been waiting for forever for the shepherd's bush concert to come out on dvd even though it's only PAL format. but that gives me hope that it will come out soon.
Old 10-30-01, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Other than dvdfile, I can't really get confirmation of R1 releases on any of the fansites.

SPY