Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Travis fans?

Old 10-15-01, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Travis fans?

I bought their last two albums recently.

Love, love, love the albums......awesome stuff. Is their first one as good?
Old 10-15-01, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i love travis

i just bought their 3rd album over the weekend and its awesome.

i have their 1st album and its alright. its a bit of a departure from their other two albums since they're a little slower and seem more mellow. the first half of it is great starting off with "All I wanna do is rock" and "U 16 girls" but after the first 5 songs, its starts to lose some of its good feeling (no pun intended).

anyone ever seen them in concert? i've only seen them play in concert on tv and i'm sure its not the same. they seem like a great live band.
Old 10-15-01, 12:26 PM

I got into Travis through their first record, when I bought 'The Man Who' it was a let down at first, I missed the uptempo stuff. But it grew on me as a great album. I'm not quite as keen on the new record, although it is good.

I've seen them live 3 times and they are great. Really put on a show and bring the slower moments to life
Old 10-15-01, 06:13 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I quite like them, don't have the 1st album, have the other 2, and will see them next week in the warfield.

Have seen them 3 times in concert in SF, 1st time was at the bottom of the hill club, there 1st concert of the new millenium, that was agreat show, the place is tiny.

They are good britpop, easy listening.
Old 10-15-01, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm a huge Travis fan.

The first album is just more rock than the last two. I'd buy it if you like them though.

Hopefully they'll do a more extensive U.S. tour because they are playing large cities and not many tour dates.

I was gonna see them open for Dido but they moved the show to a different venue so I didn't go.
Old 10-15-01, 07:56 PM

Huge Travis fan as well. I see them every time they play in L.A., it's become somewhat of a ritual for me.

The 1st album is indeed more rock. some excellent tracks to be had on that one including "U16 Girls", All I want to do is rock", their live show closing signature song "happy","tied to the 90's" (you gotta listen to these 2 if you hear anything on the 1st CD).and many other great UK hits.

If you got onto the Travis boat from their 2nd CD onward, then these songs might be a bit of a departure although there are also some real killer ballads on the 1st one as well such as "good day to die" and "more than us". the folowing 2 Cd's were what was actually a departure, still it was a pleasant departure.

I'm seeing them yet again on the 23rd at the Universal Amphitheatre. See you all there.

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/allukmusic