Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

A question about DVD-A...

Old 10-03-01, 04:29 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Longview, TX, USA
Posts: 1,214
A question about DVD-A...

Am I the only person who glanced at the term "DVD-A" and immediately thought about Trey Parker and Matt Stone?
Dayewalker is offline  
Old 10-03-01, 05:42 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Fascination Street
Posts: 6,521
Nope

Perhaps they should have called it CD-X (X for eXtra resolution & channels of sound) or something.
Jepthah is offline  
Old 10-03-01, 06:39 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Longview, TX, USA
Posts: 1,214
Originally posted by Jepthah
Nope

Perhaps they should have called it CD-X (X for eXtra resolution & channels of sound) or something.
I guess it just shows the versatility of DVD-A
Dayewalker is offline  
Old 10-03-01, 06:50 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Fascination Street
Posts: 6,521
Originally posted by Dayewalker


I guess it just shows the versatility of DVD-A
Actually, it's appropriate in a sense, because if you think about how consumers will feel after having to rebuy their entire music collections for arguably minimal or little sound improvement they're going to feel the "gape" like certain pornchicks...
Jepthah is offline  
Old 10-03-01, 09:23 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Longview, TX, USA
Posts: 1,214
Originally posted by Jepthah


Actually, it's appropriate in a sense, because if you think about how consumers will feel after having to rebuy their entire music collections for arguably minimal or little sound improvement they're going to feel the "gape" like certain pornchicks...


I was just referring to the term "DVD-A" or "DVDA" First it was a porn term, then it was a band and now it's an audio format.
Dayewalker is offline  
Old 10-03-01, 09:39 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 6,596
Re: A question about DVD-A...

Originally posted by Dayewalker
Am I the only person who glanced at the term "DVD-A" and immediately thought about Trey Parker and Matt Stone?
When I saw your thread title, that's the first thing I thought of.
TheBang is offline  
Old 10-03-01, 10:01 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Longview, TX, USA
Posts: 1,214
Re: Re: A question about DVD-A...

Originally posted by Todd B.
When I saw your thread title, that's the first thing I thought of.
I saw it in the title of another thread and that's the first thing that came to mind. I'll never look at DVD Audio the same way...
Dayewalker is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.