Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Iron Maiden on DVD

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-01, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iron Maiden on DVD

DVD Angle posted this little tidbit today:

Pioneer has announced Iron Maiden: Number Of The Beast: Classic Albums will be released 12/04 for $19.98. Presented in widescreen with DD 5.1 audio this will chronicle the rise of Iron Maiden.

I've never heard of this production. Does anybody have any additional info?
Old 09-20-01, 02:32 PM

Wow, I hope this is true! I can't wait for this and the Judas Priest episode on "British Steel."

-Up the Irons!
Old 09-20-01, 03:32 PM

As I read this post I am listening to "2 Minutes To Midnight"
Rock!
Old 09-20-01, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Cool.. glad so many good bands are making DVDs now.. Corrosion of Conformity has like 2 coming out in a couple weeks, Queensryche has 2 coming out, and now Maiden
Old 09-20-01, 10:42 PM

Has anyone seen the "From Hell" video? Apparently it was filmed at Pinewood studios in a horror setting. It was also Bruce Dickinson's last performance with the band until the past year or so. Any info on Eddie the Corpse's little freinds on DVD would be appreciated!
Old 09-21-01, 12:05 AM

Originally posted by superspeck
Has anyone seen the "From Hell" video? Apparently it was filmed at Pinewood studios in a horror setting. It was also Bruce Dickinson's last performance with the band until the past year or so. Any info on Eddie the Corpse's little freinds on DVD would be appreciated!
I've never seen it, but I HEAR it's not that great. Dickinson isn't really into it during the show. Hopefully I'm wrong. It can be picked up for $10-$15 at most B&Ms, so you can't lose.
Old 09-21-01, 07:15 AM
Banned

Originally posted by superspeck
Its actually called "Raising Hell". It was one of the first DVDs I bought. I LOVE IT! If you are a Maiden fan you will definitally enjoy it. It is a regular Maiden show (giant Eddie head, walking Eddie) but in a smaller venue. Then intermixed with the concert is this horror magician (I can't remember his name off hand) who does magic tricks with more of a Freddy Krueger-type style.

The one I was really dissappointed with was Dokken "Live From The Sun". They got really ridiculous with all the video visual effects. You can't even enjoy the concert.
Old 09-21-01, 09:36 AM

Its actually called "Raising Hell". It was one of the first DVDs I bought. I LOVE IT! If you are a Maiden fan you will definitally enjoy it. It is a regular Maiden show (giant Eddie head, walking Eddie) but in a smaller venue. Then intermixed with the concert is this horror magician (I can't remember his name off hand) who does magic tricks with more of a Freddy Krueger-type style.
This concert was also broadcast (worldwide I believe) years ago when Bruce was leaving the band. I ordered it on PPV and taped it. The band was great, and I don't recall Bruce "not being into it" on stage. The "horror show" part of the performance I could've done without, it really wasn't scary - the tricks were used more as a set-up to each Maiden song.

I would love to see their video catalog released on DVD - many of their videos got little or no play on MTV and such, and though they are on video, DVD would offer a lot more room for bonus and unreleased footage.
Old 09-22-01, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not for nothing...

But what about "Live After Death"???

I have gone through SO many beat up copies...
Old 09-22-01, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally posted by Weapon X
Not for nothing...

But what about "Live After Death"???

I have gone through SO many beat up copies...
Oh, yes. I'd love to have that. "Ten Wasted Years" as well.
Old 09-22-01, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 913 Likes on 555 Posts
What are these "Classic Albums" titles all about, anyway?
Old 10-07-01, 03:55 AM

Does anyone have any info on other NWOBHM DVD's out?
Old 10-07-01, 07:06 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by emanon What are these "Classic Albums" titles all about, anyway?
From what I have heard they are documentaries where band members, producers etc talk through the recording process of a particular album and, IIRC, you get to see performance footage.

I saw something along these lines for a Fleetwood Mac album and possibly a Hendrix one a few years ago. I missed the recent Judas Priest one on British Steel referenced higher up the thread.
Old 10-07-01, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
The Raising Hell DVD is a good show, but the sound is mediocre at best. the magic is okay, but unnecessary. It was filmed in a studio, so the crowd is small (maybe 1,000 or so). I would much rather have Live After Death, but what can you do?