Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Queensryche Live Evolution DVD

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 09-07-01, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see Amazon has Queensryche's Live Evolution DVD up for preorder. However, it is missing a song list and there are no technical specifications to be found. No listing for it yet at buy.com or dvdempire. As of my last check at www.queensryche.com, there was no song list or tech specs there either. Anybody know what songs are going to be on this? How about DTS and/or DD? Please, oh please be in DTS!! Not that the answers to any of the above questions will stop me from buying it, but I was just curious.

Thanks!
Old 09-07-01, 12:16 PM
Banned

I'll buy it only if these songs are included:

Empire
Roads to Madness
Jet City Woman
Queen of the Reich
The Lady Wore Black
Warning
Take Hold of the Flame
Silent Lucidity

I'm dreaming of course...
Old 09-07-01, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm buying this even if its just newer stuff. I would love to see a rerelease of their earlier VHS releases on DVD.
Old 09-07-01, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can't wait, next up Operation LIVE Crime
Old 09-07-01, 04:21 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the "old" stuff on there - The Lady Wore Black, Queen of the Reich, Take Hold of the Flame, etc. From what I've read the key word in the title is "Evolution" in which this album is supposed to showcase the 20 years the band has been together. I read an interview with Geoff Tate where he said they did these two shows in Seattle and recorded them because they wanted to get the band back together and get into "...the ryche state of mind..." as they embark on the next chapter of their career as a band. He also said they want the new album to get back to the style of Operation: Mindcrime. Let's hope it turns out that way!
Old 09-07-01, 04:41 PM
Banned

Yup. Their old stuff are much better. Gotta love the guitar intro of Roads to Madness.
Old 09-07-01, 04:50 PM

I am really looking forward to this. I've been a Queensryche fan since their first Ep was released. I first saw them open for Ozzy on their Rage For Order tour and they were great. I saw them as an opening act a few more times over the years (twice with Metallica) and finally got to see them as a headliner after Empire was released. They performed Operation:Mindcrime in its entirety during the middle third of their show and it was the most incredible concert I have ever seen. My friend and our girlfriends just looked at each other in awe at a few points and wondered how we would ever describe the experience to anyone who wasn't there to see it live. I bought Operation:LiveCrime when it was released but, as great as it was, it just could not compare to the chills and experience of seeing it live.

http://www.geocities.com/graypupster/stealth.html
Old 09-07-01, 06:14 PM
Banned

I believe this dvd is from two shows in Seattle last year or earlier this year which means that Chris Degarmo is not the guitarist. IMO Queensryche isn't Queensryche without him. If he rejoins the band and they do some reunion shows then I'll be interested. What I want is the Livecrime show on dvd from the boxed set which I believe is coming.
Old 09-07-01, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by cracksky
I believe this dvd is from two shows in Seattle last year or earlier this year which means that Chris Degarmo is not the guitarist. IMO Queensryche isn't Queensryche without him. If he rejoins the band and they do some reunion shows then I'll be interested. What I want is the Livecrime show on dvd from the boxed set which I believe is coming.
In live chats they won't even talk about Degarmo. I think there were some hard feelings after the break and I doubt he will be back. Of course anything can happen and I too would love to see his return. He was rumored years ago to have a major drug problem, I've always wondered if that had something to do with his wife leaving and him leaving the band.
Old 09-08-01, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read somewhere that Degarmo has been jamming with the bassist and drummer of Alice in Chains, along with the singer from Sponge. From what I read, it seemed to imply that they were going to put out an album - either later this year or early next year.

I also am of the mind that Queensryche isn't quite the same without him. If you look at my favorite songs of theirs, he seems to have always been one of the writers, or the solo writer of them.

Anyhow, I'd love to see them get back into more of a Mindcrime Groove!
Old 09-08-01, 01:54 AM
Suspended

WOOHOO! Can't wait for this one, and I don't even care if it's "Pip farting on a snare drum" Ryche has been my favorite band since the warning came out The last time I saw them live was on the halford/ryche/iron maiden tour and they played all heavy, old stuff. Also I've been reading on knac.com and other places that they are definately going back to the older, heavier stuff on the next CD, so I can't wait for that

And yeah, they really need to redo/remaster Operation Livecrime and DVDify it complete with DD ot DTS 6.1
Old 09-08-01, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

NM 156
I Am I
Damaged
Walk in the Shadows
Empire
Roads to Madness
Silent Lucidity
The Lady Wore Black
Another Rainy Night
London
Jet City Woman
Hit the Black
Spreading the Disease/Electric Requiem
My Empty Room
Screaming in Digital
Take Hold of the Flame
Liquid Sky
Sacred Ground
Queen of the Reich
Breakdown
I Remember Now
Falling Down
Anarchy-X
Revolution Calling
The Right Side of my Mind
Mission
Suite Sister Mary
I Don't Believe in Love
Eyes of a Stranger

The order of the songs are mixed up a bit, but that is the track listing for the CD. The DVD is supposed to be almost identical (I believe), maybe even with a few extra tracks. But this should give a general idea of what to expect on it. Should be great.
Old 09-13-01, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DVDFile reporting Live Evolution coming out on 10/25 along with other music DVDs....

"A number of new music titles have just been announced, and as usual it is quite the variety of different styles and genres. First up, at long last, Trimark is releasing Nine Inch Nails: Closure, on 11/16 with a $29.95 price tag. BMG has a number of new titles, all due on 10/25 - Vertical Horizon: Tourbook 1999-2001, Widespread Panic: Live At Oak Mountain, Queensryche: Live Evolution , Luciano Pavarotti: The Event Live, and Megadeath: VH-1 Behind The Music. All retail for $24.95 a pop."
Old 09-13-01, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As someone mentioned earlier the Mindcrime show was awesome to see live. I couldnt believe it!! On top of that Mindcrime is my favorite Ryche album.

I have to check this DVD out.
Old 09-13-01, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by adia4625
As someone mentioned earlier the Mindcrime show was awesome to see live. I couldnt believe it!! On top of that Mindcrime is my favorite Ryche album.

Probably one of the best concerts I've EVER seen.... It was like watching a play or a movie with great music... Don't miss LIVECrime when it comes out, it should be the next DVD after Evolution...
Old 09-13-01, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

THE FANS PHOTO GALLERY CONTEST

A little info from www.queensryche.com about a contest for the LIVECRIME DVD:

OPERATION:LIVECRIME (DVD)
THE FANS PHOTO GALLERY CONTEST

Attention all Queensr˙che fans, it is time to do something with all those great Queensr˙che photos that you have taken over the years. EMI Music is hosting a contest for fans to submit their favorite Queensr˙che photos (i.e. you with a band member(s), shots of the band, shrines of the band, fans outside a show pre-partying, etc.) to be included inside the DVD release of Operation:LIVEcrime in a section called the Fans Photo Gallery. EMI will be choosing approx. 20 photos to be include in the DVD and for any photos used you will win a FREE copy of the DVD. The contest begins on Tuesday September 11, 2001 and ends on Friday September 21, 2001 at 12:00 noon (West Coast time). Please read the official rules for complete details.
Old 09-14-01, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 874 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally posted by adia4625

I concur wholeheartedly. I saw them play the entire "Operation Mindcrime" set live about ten years ago, and it was incredible.

I can't wait to upgrade my old "Operation Livecrim" boxed set (VHS) to DVD.
Old 09-14-01, 07:13 AM

From www.queensryche.com:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VHS/DVD

EP/Warning/Rage Suite

NM 156
Roads to Madness
The Lady Wore Black
London
Screaming in Digital

Empire/Promised Land Suite

I Am I
Damaged
Empire
Silent Lucidity
Jet City Woman

HITNF/Q2K Suite

Hit the Black
Breakdown
The Right Side of My Mind

Mindcrime Suite

Revolution Calling
Suite Sister Mary
My Empty Room
Eyes of a Stranger

ENCORE:

Take Hold of the Flame
Queen of the Reich

THIS JUST IN, PART I: Easter Eggs on the Live Evolution DVD. And the only way to find them, QUEENSRYCHE.com.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They also have a listing for the double-CD which appears to have 10 additional tracks compared to the DVD.
Old 09-14-01, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by roseart
it should be the next DVD after Evolution...
Also from www.queensryche.com

LIVECRIME DVD
RELEASE DATE: 11/20

and...

LIVE EVOLUTION DVD-VHS
RELEASE DATE: 10/9

So, I guess it would be better to beleive their site more than DVDFile....
Old 10-05-01, 12:36 PM

^ Bump since this comes out in 4 days!!!

Also, has anyone found out about the audio on this?!? DD, dts , both, only Pro Logic ? I haven't been able to find any info at any online retailer regarding this. I will not buy it unless it is in DD or dts.

Best price I've seen is $19.99 +/- at circuitcity, dvdempire, and buy. Anyone find anything better?

Oh wait, I just checked dvdexpress and they have it listed for $18.74 and they state it has Dolby Digital 5.1. I almost forgot about them since I stopped shopping there over a year ago. Anyone buy from them recently (since the new ownership took over)?

Last edited by TonyS; 10-05-01 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-05-01, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This should probably get moved to the new forum:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/forumdi...?s=&forumid=28
Old 10-05-01, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by roseart
LIVECRIME DVD
RELEASE DATE: 11/20
Yeah, I'm all about that. I haven't really liked anything after Promised Land, but this is a necessity.
Old 10-06-01, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm definitely going to have to pick up Livecrime when it comes out. I saw them both on the Operation: Mindcrime and Empire tours. Seeing the entire album performed (and all of the video that went along with) was absolutely amazing.
I'd love to see it again.

OT: Live Evolution DVD, however, apart from the CD, I really don't see myself picking it up.
Old 10-10-01, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Has anyone seen this instock anywhere? B&M or online?? It came out 10/9, but no one seems to have it....
Old 10-10-01, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

if it's the same as the CD, they're having to pull a good number of them because the track listing is wrong. The same songs are all there, but they are in a different order on disc one. I read on amazon reviews that about 75,000 CD's were produced with the incorrect inlay card. (and, as it turns out, the copy I bought has the incorrect track listing )
(BTW, amazon is showing the DVD as on order, too )

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.