Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Queensryche Live Evolution DVD

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Queensryche Live Evolution DVD

Old 10-11-01, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too purchased (from Amazon) one of the incorrect track listing CDs. From what I read at www.queensryche.com, the first 75,000 copies of the digipaks were screwed up. Apparently the jewel case versions of the CD were OK.

As far as the availability of the DVD goes, my order with Amazon is "On Order...". It appears this is the case with all of the big etailers as well. I've read that it was released on the 9th but in a very limited release - some stores only get one or two copies if they got any at all. Worst of all, I counted on having the DVD for this weekend as my 8 month old daughter is spending Friday night with the in-laws and I planned on giving my HT system one hell of a workout with this DVD!

Between the CD screwup and this so-called DVD release I must say I'm not too impressed with Queensryche's new label - Sanctuary Records. I would have expected better since they are either owned by or distributed through BMG.

Anyway, here's hoping we all get our DVDs soon!
Old 10-11-01, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by TonyS
I too purchased (from Amazon) one of the incorrect track listing CDs. From what I read at www.queensryche.com, the first 75,000 copies of the digipaks were screwed up. Apparently the jewel case versions of the CD were OK.
strange....mine is a jewel case version, and the songs are out of order...
Old 10-12-01, 05:19 PM

Has anyone actually seen this dvd??
I can't find it up here in Canada
Old 10-12-01, 08:29 PM

Just got confirmation from Amazon that they shipped my copy today They even bumped my shipping to 2-Day since I sent them an email and complained!
Old 10-17-01, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can someone please post a review for this disc. I know people are starting to get it now. So, how is it????
Old 10-17-01, 05:20 PM

roseart -

I got my DVD from Amazon on Monday. Due to my work and some other issues I haven't yet been able to watch the whole thing. I have watched a few songs though. Overall it is a very good DVD. It's not quite up to par with my wife's James Taylor Live DVD. Picture wise I'd say they're comparable - the big difference being that the JT stage is more colorful than the QR one at the Moore Theater in Seattle. Therefore the picture seems dark at times - which, I guess, it is! While I think the sound is really good (Dolby Digital 5.1), I think the sound on the JT disc is better. It just wasn't as crisp and clean as I expected. I don't know if that's a result of the recording or if that's just how the sound was at the show. The sound seems to really perk up as you increase the volume and I don't mean just get louder. It seems to really envelope you as you increase it. The track is very bass heavy but I did not notice any significant usage of the surrounds - I would've expected at least the cheering between songs to come from all around. As a QR fan from the days of Rage for Order, this was a must have for me and I think it was worth every penny I paid. I'm hoping to get a chance soon to watch the whole show (here's where the 8 month old daughter issue comes up) at a significant volume! So far I only know of one Easter Egg - it is a multi-angle (all on the screen at once - kinda like mutiple PIP) of Queen of the Reich. Offhand I forget how to access it but I have it written down at home and will post it at a later date.

Enjoy!
Old 10-18-01, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by TonyS
roseart -

I got my DVD from Amazon on Monday. Due to my work and some other issues I haven't yet been able to watch the whole thing. I have watched a few songs though. Overall it is a very good DVD. It's not quite up to par with my wife's James Taylor Live DVD. Picture wise I'd say they're comparable - the big difference being that the JT stage is more colorful than the QR one at the Moore Theater in Seattle. Therefore the picture seems dark at times - which, I guess, it is! While I think the sound is really good (Dolby Digital 5.1), I think the sound on the JT disc is better. It just wasn't as crisp and clean as I expected. I don't know if that's a result of the recording or if that's just how the sound was at the show. The sound seems to really perk up as you increase the volume and I don't mean just get louder. It seems to really envelope you as you increase it. The track is very bass heavy but I did not notice any significant usage of the surrounds - I would've expected at least the cheering between songs to come from all around. As a QR fan from the days of Rage for Order, this was a must have for me and I think it was worth every penny I paid. I'm hoping to get a chance soon to watch the whole show (here's where the 8 month old daughter issue comes up) at a significant volume! So far I only know of one Easter Egg - it is a multi-angle (all on the screen at once - kinda like mutiple PIP) of Queen of the Reich. Offhand I forget how to access it but I have it written down at home and will post it at a later date.

Enjoy!
Thanks TonyS Thanks for the review. Been waiting on funds, but will be picking it up this weekend. It is a must for me too, just wanted to see what others thought of the disc.

If you can, please post the how to access the Easter Egg when you get a chance.

Can't wait for the Live Crime DVD
Old 10-18-01, 12:01 PM

Live Evolution Easter Egg

To access the multi-angle viewing of Queen of The Reich:

Press the left remote button while the "Special Features" selection is highlighted. The center of the Tri-Ryche turns green. Select this and you will be taken to a multi-angle (camera) viewing of Q of TR all on one screen.

Enjoy!