Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024, D: Levy) -- The Spoiler-Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: What did you think of Deadpool and Wolverine?
19.67%
16.39%
27.87%
22.95%
6.56%
3.28%
1.64%
0%
0%
0%
0%
Won't see this for a really long time or don't care, not for me
1.64%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024, D: Levy) -- The Spoiler-Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-24, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,156 Posts
Re: Deadpool & Wolverine (2024, D: Levy) -- The Spoiler-Filled Reviews Thread

According to Box Office Mojo, it's at 900 million worldwide.

Great news - love to see a fun movie succeed!
Old 08-09-24, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 706 Likes on 487 Posts

It’s splitting the showtimes on IMAX here with Borderlands getting the crappier times.
Old 08-09-24, 09:15 PM
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 917 Posts

Oops, I did it again. I went to a crowded theater bc I had to see this one. Loved the cameos. It’s just a fun movie and franchise. I didn’t think this was as good as first two, but still great fun. Peter being the man in every Deadpool timeline. Like a Prayer was such a perfect song to use near end. I know it was in trailers, but when you actually see and hear it’s quite great. Evans as Johnny Storm was the best bit. And the way he died. Completely out of left field and so glad I didn’t know before. Just good stuff. Again, not as tight and I never liked the Time Variance thing. Even on Loki. He would have made a nice cameo. But, again just a fun series you don’t take serious and just go with everything. Can Fox sue for any of that stuff? I mean they got hit hard, but to all due hilarity. Just a solid, though not as good a first two, but a damn good time.
Old 08-09-24, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 7,108 Likes on 4,819 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
. Can Fox sue for any of that stuff? I mean they got hit hard, but to all due hilarity. Just a solid, though not as good a first two, but a damn good time.
Do you really not know that Fox is owned by Disney?
The following users liked this post:
majorjoe23 (08-11-24)
Old 08-10-24, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker

I'd put this one before Deadpool 2 not far behind the original.
Old 08-10-24, 06:14 PM
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I do now. Now, the jokes are kinda lame about all the Fox bashing.
Old 08-11-24, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Overall, I liked it. But I re-watched DP 1 and 2 with my son beforehand (as he's now of an age where I'm ok with him watching and he joined me for DP&W), and I think that was a mistake. Because I felt VERY Ryan-Reynoldsed-out and was siding with all the characters that just wanted him to shut up... Especially played against the stoicism and acting of Jackman (who was excellent).

Cameos were very good - Johnny Storm reveal got the biggest reaction of the movie (closely followed by wolverine's abs). Just so very well-done. Also, as a huge comic Gambit fan, I appreciated him being in this. Tatum looked ridiculous (I can admit gambit has one of the cheesiest/weirdest outfit in the comics), but his fight mechanics and effects were pretty cool.

But when you remove the cameos and fan service you are really left with a whole lot of a nothing plot. And really, I guess that's ok cause that's what the movie was going for.

I agree that the wolverine/DP fight scenes went on a bit too long. Some clever choreography, but with zero stakes, it started to feel a bit meh.

Emma Corrin was excellent as Cassandra Nova - fresh face and character, agree with someone that said maybe she was wasted for this movie...

​​

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 08-11-24 at 09:19 AM.
story (08-18-24)
Old 08-18-24, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 802 Likes on 482 Posts

So all the Virtuous Culture Warriors (neckbeards, anti-Woke, anti-SJW, etc.) have been reporting all over YouTube and elsewhere that Brie Larson and Tatiana Maslany are ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS that their "Deadpool movie cameos" were "cut by Ryan Reynolds" and that they are "planning to sue Disney and Marvel with the blessing of Kathleen Kennedy". And that said "Deadpool movie cameos" will now never see the light of day, not on streaming or Blu-Ray or anywhere.

Cool story, Bros. The narrative being, Disney/Marvel brass view Larson/Maslany as "Venomous Woke Banshees" and somehow Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman are the only men who can stand up the repugnant stench of Wokism typified by the likes of Larson, Maslany, and Kennedy.

Of course, there isn't a single corroborating source of this anywhere. ANYWHERE. Except for Cosmic Book News, We Got This Covered, and Bleeding Fool. Quad erat demonstrandum.

tl/dr: Anything is possible when you just make shit up.
IBJoel (08-19-24)
Old 08-18-24, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,098 Likes on 870 Posts

Oh hey, more stupid Internet click bait bullshit. Probably made them a few bucks.

Neither of those cameos would make any sense in the movie. Even on the monitor screens.
Old 08-18-24, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 302 Posts

Saw it for a 3rd time yesterday. I love this movie so much. And the theater was still packed.
Old 08-18-24, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 241 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
So all the Virtuous Culture Warriors (neckbeards, anti-Woke, anti-SJW, etc.) have been reporting all over YouTube and elsewhere that Brie Larson and Tatiana Maslany are ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS that their "Deadpool movie cameos" were "cut by Ryan Reynolds" and that they are "planning to sue Disney and Marvel with the blessing of Kathleen Kennedy". And that said "Deadpool movie cameos" will now never see the light of day, not on streaming or Blu-Ray or anywhere.

Cool story, Bros. The narrative being, Disney/Marvel brass view Larson/Maslany as "Venomous Woke Banshees" and somehow Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman are the only men who can stand up the repugnant stench of Wokism typified by the likes of Larson, Maslany, and Kennedy.

Of course, there isn't a single corroborating source of this anywhere. ANYWHERE. Except for Cosmic Book News, We Got This Covered, and Bleeding Fool. Quad erat demonstrandum.

Well... thankfully it didn't happen. 😆

...and if those scenes do exist, I think I can move on with my life without ever viewing them.
The following 2 users liked this post by candyrocket786:
bchbdaddy (08-19-24), MisterMike (09-05-24)
Old 08-19-24, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,776 Posts

I really enjoyed the film, sure tons of fan service but I was good with that. I avoided spoilers so was surprised by all the cool cameos, including (I don't think it has been mentioned here) the Fantasticar, aka "The Flying Bathtub". I cracked up when I first saw that on the screen, awesome!
IBJoel (08-19-24)
Old 08-19-24, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cultshock
I really enjoyed the film, sure tons of fan service but I was good with that. I avoided spoilers so was surprised by all the cool cameos, including (I don't think it has been mentioned here) the Fantasticar, aka "The Flying Bathtub". I cracked up when I first saw that on the screen, awesome!
I was stoked about that too. And they were driving Tony's hot rod from the first Iron Man as well.

Old 08-23-24, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 524 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
But when you remove the cameos and fan service you are really left with a whole lot of a nothing plot. And really, I guess that's ok cause that's what the movie was going for.
​​
That's what I found when I went to see this today. I don't know much about the Marvel comics, and didn't see any of the X-Men movies, yet I got the impression everything in the movie was an inside joke/reference to this universe that all went over my head. I remember enjoying Deadpool 2, but this one had nothing for me. It's a "Members Only" movie.
Old 08-23-24, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,454 Likes on 893 Posts

Big Boy Laroux (08-23-24)
Old 08-23-24, 05:30 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 71 Likes on 44 Posts

^^ the happy one is wearing Poolverine colors
Old 08-23-24, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It’s made over 1.1 billon dollars worldwide. It seems to have pretty broad appeal.
Old 08-24-24, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 337 Likes on 250 Posts

People like blood sausage too.
Old 09-02-24, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 805 Likes on 625 Posts
Re: Deadpool & Wolverine (2024, D: Levy) - S: Reynolds, Jackman

Do y'all suppose there's gonna be a Super Duper cut of this movie?

Old 09-05-24, 10:21 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy

Would it really be so hard to believe though? Knowing how "off their rocker" some of those chicks are? Just saying. It plays along with how Deadpool & Wolverine, much like Top Gun Maverick, gave the fans exactly what they wanted and none of what they did NOT want. Its un-apologetically precisely what it wants to be and appeals to its target audience perfectly. Im sure somewhere there are some angry people because it didnt include "this" or "that" or whatever. Too bad. .
Old 09-05-24, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by MisterMike
Would it really be so hard to believe though? Knowing how "off their rocker" some of those chicks are? Just saying. It plays along with how Deadpool & Wolverine, much like Top Gun Maverick, gave the fans exactly what they wanted and none of what they did NOT want. Its un-apologetically precisely what it wants to be and appeals to its target audience perfectly. Im sure somewhere there are some angry people because it didnt include "this" or "that" or whatever. Too bad. .
Please, elaborate more on how "off their rocker" these "chicks" are.
Old 09-05-24, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,098 Likes on 870 Posts

To quote Hokeyboy, anything is possible when you just make shit up.
HeIsTheZissou (09-18-24)
Old 09-05-24, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 337 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterMike
It really is hard to believe that not only does Larson care about being cut out of a cameo but that Kathleen Kennedy would support her in an insane lawsuit against Kennedy's primary employer and a major supporter of Larson's career. Like you have to either really want to believe that for reasons or just not be very bright. It's an insane rumor.

Also I'm disappointed in several choices Deadpool and Wolverine made. I'm not angry because I'm not 12.

Last edited by Nesbit; 09-05-24 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-18-24, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not confirmed yet by Disney but digital availability looks to be October 1st.
Old 09-25-24, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 870 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by Meathead
Not confirmed yet by Disney but digital availability looks to be October 1st.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.