Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Children of the Corn (2023, D: Wimmer)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-13-23, 12:57 PM

Received 4,547 Likes on 3,085 Posts

ONLY IN THEATERS MARCH 3

Starring Elena Kampouris, Kate Moyer, Callan Mulvey, Bruce Spence
Written and Directed by Kurt Wimmer
Based on the Short Story by Stephen King

Possessed by a spirit in a dying cornfield, twelve-year-old Eden recruits the other children in her small town to rise up and take control. Tired of having to pay the price for their parent's mistakes, Eden leads the kids on a bloody rampage, killing the adults and anyone who opposes her. With the all the adults jailed or dead, it comes down to one high schooler who won't go along with the plan and becomes the town's only hope of survival. Based on the short story by Stephen King, CHILDREN OF THE CORN is a chilling new re-telling for a whole new generation.
Children of the Corn has been acquired for release by RLJE Films and Shudder, with the companies recently announcing that the film will first hit theaters on March 3 for an 18-day theatrical run. The new movie will then arrive on demand and digital on March 21.
This was shot (and screened for some) back in 2020 and sat for a while.
Old 02-14-23, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 188 Likes on 126 Posts
Re: Children of the Corn (2023, D: Wimmer)

I had shudder for a while but everything seemed like low budget trash. That's not necessarily a bad thing as being a huge horror movie fan I found a lot to like (including a lot of the creepshow episodes people hate) This actually looks decent but they need to keep the isolation from the original - that's what made the movie. If they show the kids taking over a police force, ya kinda have to jump ship. This does look decent.
Old 02-14-23, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,186 Likes on 2,054 Posts

This is one of those movies that will live or die based on the acting ability of the kids. Based on the trailer alone, that main creepy girl looks pretty good.

You also know itís a low budget movie when they remix a public domain song for the trailer.
Old 02-14-23, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts

It's been decades since I've seen the original or read the story. With the trailer muted... I have no feelings on whether I think it'll be good or not. I'll check it out down the road. Hopefully it's a good one.
Old 02-14-23, 12:14 PM

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

It's about time a filmmaker tackled this long-neglected Stephen King story.