Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Greyhound sequel in the works at Apple

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-22, 06:03 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: After collaborating on the 2020 film Greyhound — with a sequel in the works — and the just-wrapped WWII series Masters of the Air, Playtone partners Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman have made multi-year exclusive overall deal with Apple TV+.

The pact encompasses series, documentaries and unscripted projects for Apple to develop, produce and distribute globally. Along with Apple Studios and Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television, Playtone picked up where it left off — telling the WWII story with earlier Emmy-winning efforts The Pacific and Band of Brothers, both for HBO. Masters of the Air, with an ensemble of young actors including Elvis star Austin Butler, follows the deeply personal story of the American bomber boys in World War II who brought the war to Hitler’s doorstep.

Playtone productions have won a slew of Emmys for series that include John Adams and Olive Kitteridge.

Apple Original Films and Playtone have begun to move forward on a sequel to Greyhound, the WWII thriller feature that starred Hanks and became one of Apple TV+’s most watched entries.
https://deadline.com/2022/04/tom-han...el-1235000802/
Old 04-13-22, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Re: Greyhound sequel in the works at Apple

I like Greyhound very much. Super tense and no longer than it needed to be. I'll check out the sequel for sure.
The following users liked this post:
devilshalo (04-13-22)
Old 04-13-22, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

It looked nice in 4K and probably the acting was decent but all the nautical terms bored me.

Maybe if you served in that branch of the military you respected how they got those details down but it did not make for a very entertaining movie.
Old 04-13-22, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

I’ve held off on subscribing to Apple+ mostly because nothing has really interested me but if they start producing Band of Brothers quality WWII movies and series, I’ll have to finally give in and get it.

Of course, as much as I love BoB, I found John Adams to be excruciatingly boring.
Old 04-15-22, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I’ve held off on subscribing to Apple+ mostly because nothing has really interested me but if they start producing Band of Brothers quality WWII movies and series, I’ll have to finally give in and get it.
Honestly, while they don't have a TON of series as of yet, Apple + has the best consistency for original series in my opinion. Ted Lasso and For All Mankind are probably the best two original series anyone has done in the past decade.

The following 2 users liked this post by Shannon Nutt:
Deftones (04-15-22), GoldenJCJ (04-15-22)
Old 04-15-22, 09:46 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Honestly, while they don't have a TON of series as of yet, Apple + has the best consistency for original series in my opinion. Ted Lasso and For All Mankind are probably the best two original series anyone has done in the past decade.
I liked Foundation.
Old 04-15-22, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
It looked nice in 4K and probably the acting was decent but all the nautical terms bored me.

Maybe if you served in that branch of the military you respected how they got those details down but it did not make for a very entertaining movie.
The fact that the writers didn't dumb down the dialogue is one of the things that I loved about this movie. Although, I actually enjoy reading C.S. Forrester's novels, so I concede that I'm a rare breed.
Old 04-16-22, 04:50 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Mythic Quest is good.

You can subscribe to AppleTV+ and easily burn through all the good content in a month then cancel.
Old 04-16-22, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Caught this and first season of Ted Lasso during a free week of Apple+. Thought it was good and as noted, note too long and drawn out. Interesting on the concept of a sequel. A convoy back to the US?
Old 04-17-22, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Basically Greyhound was just one very long action scene. I don't need a sequel, but would definitely watch it. Everything I watched on Apple TV+ I liked so far, although the other Tom Hanks movies Finch was a bit underwhelming.