Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

We Can Be Heroes (2020, D: Rodriguez) feat. Sharkboy and Lava Girl -- Netflix

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-20, 06:16 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

When alien invaders kidnap Earth's superheroes, their kids are whisked away to a government safe house. But whip-smart tween Missy Moreno (Yaya Gosselin) will stop at nothing to rescue her superhero dad, Marcus Moreno (Pedro Pascal). Missy teams up with the rest of the superkids to escape their mysterious government babysitter, Ms. Granada (Priyanka Chopra Jonas). If they're going to save their parents, they'll have to work together by using their individual powers — from elasticity to time control to predicting the future — and form an out-of-this-world team. Full of action and heart, WE CAN BE HEROES is directed by Robert Rodriguez (SPY KIDS, THE ADVENTURES OF SHARKBOY AND LAVAGIRL) and also stars Boyd Holbrook, Christian Slater, Chris McDonald, and Adriana Barraza.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10600398/

We praise Rodriguez for his Fett episode one week... and then... this...
Old 12-22-20, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Re: We Can Be Heroes (2020, D: Rodriguez) feat. Sharkboy and Lava Girl -- Netflix

Originally Posted by dex14

https://youtu.be/omn2PJEuOTw

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10600398/

Methinks we aren't the audience for this.
Old 12-22-20, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Re: We Can Be Heroes (2020, D: Rodriguez) feat. Sharkboy and Lava Girl -- Netflix

Originally Posted by dex14
So, basically the same thing we’ve been doing for Rodriguez’s whole career.

For every From Dusk Til Dawn or Sin City there’s a Spy Kids 4D or Sharkboy and Lavagirl.
Old 12-31-20, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts

Watched Sharkboy and Lavagirl and then this. Turns out we were better off not watching SB and LG since the theme is entirely different and basically nothing carries over at all.

Wasn't thrilled with the ending but the kids liked it and it's the better Pedro Pascal movie We've watched this week.
Old 12-31-20, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
So, basically the same thing we’ve been doing for Rodriguez’s whole career.

For every From Dusk Til Dawn or Sin City there’s a Spy Kids 4D or Sharkboy and Lavagirl.
Although I do dislike many of Robert Rodriguez's movies, I kind of admire that he still making those awful kids movies.
Old 12-31-20, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

My 5-year-old loves this and has wanted to watch it every day this week, so I’ve seen the whole thing several times, but mostly in bits and pieces. I’ll say this, it’s less a terrible movie than one made purely for young children with no concern about appealing to anyone else. It has pretty positive messages delivered in a way a young kid will eat up. I haven’t seen the Spy Kids movies, but we watched Shark boy & Lava Girl once and this new one is worlds better than that.
Old 12-31-20, 05:49 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Saw the title, thought it was going to be a David Bowie biopic, but no.....