Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021, D: Snyder) -- HBO Max Exclusive

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021, D: Snyder) -- HBO Max Exclusive

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-21, 04:03 PM

Received 4,604 Likes on 3,120 Posts
Re: Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021, D: Snyder) -- HBO Max Exclusive

WW84 was 12pm Eastern. The rest have been 3:01am and that is what this one seems to be as well.
Old 03-14-21, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
This could be the greatest superhero movie of our lifetime.
Did they change directors, rewrite the script, fix the aspect ratio, color-correct the film so you can see what's happening and remove the completely unnecessary Flash and Cyborg characters from the story?
The following 2 users liked this post by Draven:
ddrknghtrtns (03-14-21), Dr. DVD (03-14-21)
Old 03-14-21, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,662 Likes on 2,630 Posts

There's some social media reaction now.

Umberto Gonzalez from The Wrap loved it.

Mendolson didn't care for it. He said it was too long.

The comments on Mendelson's thread are funny. He has a lot of haters.
Old 03-14-21, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That Mendelson review seems to mirror what the trailers, interviews and such have made me think about this. Simply more of a bad movie. I guess we'll see soon enough!
The following users liked this post:
Dr. DVD (03-14-21)
Old 03-14-21, 04:32 PM

Received 4,604 Likes on 3,120 Posts

More Twitter comments:
https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-j...fan-reactions/
Old 03-14-21, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Draven
That Mendelson review seems to mirror what the trailers, interviews and such have made me think about this. Simply more of a bad movie. I guess we'll see soon enough!

I truly do not know what people were expecting. If the studio had something they felt needed a whole new director, that's not a good sign. The only advantage this new version really has is the fact that Whedon has fallen from grace recently and more people than normal are probably interested in seeing what the original director wanted. The 4 hour run time for this should have been a red flag, as in the hands of someone like Snyder that could lead to lots of pretentiousness.
Old 03-14-21, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,662 Likes on 2,630 Posts

It seems like Mendelson is the only one who didn't care for it. The vast majority of the reaction is positive.

(of course someone is going to say they're just paid off & biased WB and DC shills because if they rip it, they won't get access to early screenings. )
Old 03-14-21, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Pleasantly surprised by all the positive reactions, I'm pumped! Of course the movie could've been edited down, this is just one of those situations where the longer time is intended. Take the LOTR extended versions for example, the additions aren't necessary for the movies to work - but they add some truly great moments, help the film breath and gives some characters more time to develop.
Old 03-14-21, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,221 Likes on 2,079 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I truly do not know what people were expecting. If the studio had something they felt needed a whole new director, that's not a good sign. The only advantage this new version really has is the fact that Whedon has fallen from grace recently and more people than normal are probably interested in seeing what the original director wanted. The 4 hour run time for this should have been a red flag, as in the hands of someone like Snyder that could lead to lots of pretentiousness.
You do realize why Snyder left the first time, right?
Old 03-14-21, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 267 Likes on 195 Posts

That Mendelson review seems to mirror what the trailers, interviews and such have made me think about this.

No one cares what you think about this. You have constantly shit on it to the point on nausea. Rest now until you see it. Then shit full force.

Old 03-14-21, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You already have your narrative, and I fully expect you to stick with it.
Old 03-14-21, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Artman
You already have your narrative, and I fully expect you to stick with it.
I’m going in with low expectations. You’re going in with high expectations. Couldn’t I be surprised? Couldn’t you be?

I’m reacting to the same marketing and interviews as you are about this. As has been asked before, is this only a thread for drooling over the latest trailer for an updated version of a bad movie from 2017?

Originally Posted by d2cheer
No one cares what you think about this. You have constantly shit on it to the point on nausea. Rest now until you see it. Then shit full force.
Ah, so this is only a thread for erections about the latest trailer?

Again, I’m only “shitting” on it because it was a bad movie in 2017 and every single thing released appears to simply be “more”. And yet with every trailer released, people are fawning all over it as possibly the best super hero movie ever Guess that’s all that’s allowed in here.

Okay, I’m out until after I see it. Enjoy the rest of the marketing blitz.

Old 03-14-21, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,247 Likes on 858 Posts

Thread? You do realize this is DVDTalk, right?

I’ve actually been avoiding the media blitz, failing to keep up with changes, and not clicking on any trailers or videos ... are we getting close to this yet? I know you guys said no to theaters ...
Old 03-14-21, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I’m going in with low expectations. You’re going in with high expectations. Couldn’t I be surprised? Couldn’t you be?

I’m reacting to the same marketing and interviews as you are about this. As has been asked before, is this only a thread for drooling over the latest trailer for an updated version of a bad movie from 2017?
Wrong on all counts. I know this is a hard concept for some to follow...but I actually call Snyder out for things I like...and also things I don't - yes I can actually walk and chew gum at the same time. As I just posted several posts up...I am genuinely surprised at the positive (early) reactions...and heaven forbid, it's raising my excitement! If you'd bothered to read anything prior I have been very skeptical of this whole experiment, but hoping for the best.
Old 03-14-21, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Artman
Wrong on all counts. I know this is a hard concept for some to follow...but I actually call Snyder out for things I like...and also things I don't - yes I can actually walk and chew gum at the same time. As I just posted several posts up...I am genuinely surprised at the positive (early) reactions...and heaven forbid, it's raising my excitement! If you'd bothered to read anything prior I have been very skeptical of this whole experiment, but hoping for the best.
I have done the same in this thread - Snyder's Dawn of the Dead is one of my most rewatched movies. I love Watchmen and think 300 is pretty great too. Maybe we both have problems with reading comprehension
Old 03-14-21, 09:38 PM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
You do realize why Snyder left the first time, right?
The public story was that Snyder left on his own to tend to the unfortunate suicide of his daughter. But from everything that has come out since, it's been strongly insinuated the studio actually forced him to step away. That's one of the main reasons he kept the fight alive for his cut, and why the Snyder cut thing got such a huge push on social media. The studio didn't like the cut they were shown. They also wanted to change the tone based off of Wonder Woman being so highly rated. So they were bringing in a new director either way.
Old 03-15-21, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

Is this in Color or Black and White? I've seen the clips in both so I'm kind of confused. I'll probably give HBO Max a try to watch this as I do want to see it.
Old 03-15-21, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Received 1,069 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Is this in Color or Black and White? I've seen the clips in both so I'm kind of confused. I'll probably give HBO Max a try to watch this as I do want to see it.
The initial release will definitely be in color. There is a B&W version planned for future release
Old 03-15-21, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,247 Likes on 858 Posts

Release the black-and-whiter cut!
Old 03-16-21, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 831 Likes on 550 Posts

I’m attempting to rewatch Man Of Steel, Batman v Superman and the Original Justice League in order to get my mind and body ready.
Old 03-16-21, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
I’m attempting to rewatch Man Of Steel, Batman v Superman and the Original Justice League in order to get my mind and body ready.
I've rewatched BvS to get me ready. Whedon's Justice League I will watch afterwards, since I've forgotten most of it, The Snyder Cut comes as a fresh movie.
Old 03-16-21, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 184 Likes on 126 Posts

Did they change directors, rewrite the script, fix the aspect ratio, color-correct the film so you can see what's happening and remove the completely unnecessary Flash and Cyborg characters from the story?
Well, technically speaking there is a new director, story, aspect ratio and color scheme from the theatrical release. And, if you read any of the reviews Flash gets more to do and Cyborg is the standout character. It's at 76% fresh with over 100 reviews, so there's something to this version (compared to the 40% of the Whedon version).
Old 03-16-21, 09:30 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
I’m attempting to re-watch Man Of Steel, Batman v Superman and the Original Justice League in order to get my mind and body ready.
Attempting, ha! This is going to be 4 hours. I'll just have to chance that it may make sense since its 4 HOURS. Come on Snyder, let's make some sense this time!
Old 03-16-21, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

I expect that there is unnecerssary footage in the movie and it could've been cut down to 3 hrs. easily, but I do get why Snyder used what he had, in this cut. If the runtime of the movie is the biggest complaint, I'm pretty sure it will be a better movie than the theatrical release.
Old 03-16-21, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,193 Likes on 919 Posts

Keep in mind that the film is 7 chapters long. 6 of the chapters will be about 3.5 hours and the final chapter is the epilogue, which is almost 30 minutes by itself with the credits. There's also no end/mid/after credit sequence.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.