Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread
34.97%
29.37%
21.68%
5.59%
2.80%
3.50%
0.70%
0.70%
0%
0%
0.70%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-22, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 827 Likes on 548 Posts
Re: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

I like ROTK and have seen it many times, but I’d rather rewatch Endgame. Yes it has it’s share of problems, but like Draven said that Sam and Frodo stuff takes a fucking eternity.
Old 01-17-22, 03:58 PM

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Re: Avengers: Endgame (The Russo Brothers, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

I think Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings is great, but I think we will inevitably see a remake one day.
The following users liked this post:
IBJoel (01-17-22)
Old 01-17-22, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Received 1,069 Likes on 622 Posts

I actually did a rewatch of The Hobbit and LOTR trilogies over the holidays and while I think Endgame has a more engaging opening (up until the time jump), ROTK has a more emotionally satisfying conclusion. Every relationship between members of the Fellowship feels truly genuine and the story in general is wrapped up. But I just cannot possibly care about the worshipping of Tony Stark that goes on in the Endgame epilogue. Although I am SO happy they cut the kneeling scene from the end of the battle. Bowing to some humble little Hobbits that did way more than could ever be expected of them is fantastic. Bowing to the most self-congratulatory, arrogant, Coolguy McQuipsalot billionaire is really just gauche.
Why So Blu? (01-17-22)
Old 01-17-22, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 987 Likes on 696 Posts

I'd rather rewatch The Good, the Bad and the Ugly over Endgame or RotK.
IBJoel (01-17-22)
Old 01-17-22, 04:39 PM

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

IBJoel (01-17-22)
Old 01-18-22, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Here's the question for everyone to answer and put this bullshit to bed:

Endgame is three hours long. That's a long ass movie. When you saw Endgame for the first time in the theater, were you ever bored? Were you sitting there, thinking, "Ugh, why don't they get this thing going already?"

When I saw Endgame, I did not have any modicum of a negative experience. I remember feeling like the three hours flew by. I remember feeling like I had just had a great movie-going experience. And by contrast, I distinctly remember that when I was watching Return of the King, I was (metaphorically) looking at my watch, wondering, "When is this fucking thing going to end?"
Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Nope. It was a great day event. I saw it twice that day. Once in the morning like at 6am then later that night. Both were sold out shows and I saw them with different people. Once it hit home video then I was like this shit is overrated and weak. Whenever I do watch the film I just fast forward it to the final fight and that's it. Return of the King is a vastly superior film over this any day of the week and can be watched from beginning to end each and every time.
Old 01-18-22, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts

^^ The post quoting me was the first mention of ROTK, and it was not intended to create a debate about which of the two films is better, or a better rewatch.

I was defending Endgame against the charge that it was a boring movie by, simply, asking whether anyone felt that way the first time they saw it, and expressing that I absolutely did not.

I want to thank Blu for 100% agreeing with my point that Endgame was actually a very exciting and enjoyable movie to watch.

And I stand by my opinion that the end of the ROTK is dragged out, but that is not to say that the LOTR trilogy is not a great achievement in film-making.