DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Glass (Shyamalan, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/646420-glass-shyamalan-2019-%97-spoiler-filled-reviews-thread.html)

fumanstan 01-23-19 04:42 PM

Re: Glass (Shyamalan, 2019) — The Spoiler Filled Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 13486709)
(reminder: Split was bad too, but his gimmick was enough to make it somewhat interesting)

I don't think the common consensus was that Split was bad. I thought it was pretty good myself :shrug:

Dan 01-23-19 05:33 PM

I didn't mean to suggest that. My bad.

But, IMO... Split is bad.

Why So Blu? 01-23-19 05:50 PM

McAvoy should have been nominated for an Oscar for Split.

Dan 01-23-19 06:26 PM

:lol: no

Mike86 01-23-19 08:00 PM

I really like Split and McAvoy gave a great performance, but I wouldn’t call it Oscar worthy either.

DaveNinja 01-24-19 11:45 AM

Glass

Goldberg74 02-05-19 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 13483230)
Just got back from this.

im very disappointed.
Unbreakable is a top five favorite movie of mine and Split is just a very good movie.

This one is just not good.

i felt cheated or let down by this movie.

There was no emotional impact from this where Unbreakable just hit me hard emotionally.

So so many problems with the end.

Someone else said they were waiting for the rest of the heroes to show up at the station but it was just a viral video of the
end events.

I expected the Anya or Joseph Dunn to emerge as having powers too.

Mr Glass and Kevin Crumb get their big death scene but David gets to be murdered in a puddle without, without anything?

This movie left me with no feeling about it just empty.

Some of the editing bothered me.
I saw two scenes that had better edits in the trailers.
One was when Dunn breaks down the door and the other is when Beast throws Dunn into the water tank.

Its doubtful I’ll ever revisit this film again as I feels unnecessary.

Unbreakable is a 5/5, This one is max 2.5 maybe only a 2.
This makes me sad as I really wanted more of the David Dunn universe.

I agree with just about everything you’ve said... but I gave this movie a 1.5 star rating.

I lost interest when the secret society was revealed.

I was really hoping David wasn’t dead... and would’ve preferred Kevin get taken out with a headshot... but you have to have that stupid soliloquy with all of the “people” saying their goodbyes.

I loved Unbreakable and thought Split was great... but I will never watch Glass again.

OldBoy 03-26-19 08:18 PM

when it says "EXCLUSIVE 4K BLU-RAY/BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES" does that mean the extras are on the 4K disc which most don't have extras? or that particular bluray in the combo?

E Unit 03-26-19 08:25 PM

Maybe.

Why So Blu? 03-26-19 08:36 PM

This is out next week via Digital HD.

OldBoy 03-26-19 10:28 PM

Are there normally extras on 4K not on blu? I thought most 4K discs have zero extras and just on included Blu-ray...

DthRdrX 03-27-19 04:39 PM

The moment you realized David Dunn drowned in a Pennsylvania-famous pothole ... :sad:.

They are a BIG problem up here in PA. The ultimate trolling by Shyamalan.

whotony 03-27-19 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 13523991)
The moment you realized David Dunn drowned in a Pennsylvania-famous pothole ... :sad:.

They are a BIG problem up here in PA. The ultimate trolling by Shyamalan.

Pothole problems aren’t exclusive to Pa.

DthRdrX 03-27-19 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 13523995)

Pothole problems aren’t exclusive to Pa.

Thank you for that stunning fact.

I've been to every state except Alaska. No state can touch PA when it comes to potholes. Only direct neighbors come close.

whotony 03-27-19 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 13524033)
Thank you for that stunning fact.

I've been to every state except Alaska. No state can touch PA when it comes to potholes. Only direct neighbors come close.

Yeah any state that has harsh winter has bad potholes.
Minneapolis is just as bad if not worse then Pa. Kind of odd to single out one specific state like that and then act like you were insulted when I said what I said.

Brack 03-27-19 07:13 PM

I concur. They’re terrible in KY, and I’d say we haven’t had a really bad winter in years.

Brack 03-27-19 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13523527)
Are there normally extras on 4K not on blu? I thought most 4K discs have zero extras and just on included Blu-ray...

Not normally. Occasionally there are, however.

Obi-Wanma 03-27-19 08:00 PM

Detroit laughs at your PA potholes.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fmomo.alyafi1%2Fposts%2F2576383519045615&width=500" width="500" height="689" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

Noonan 04-15-19 09:13 AM

Caught this over the weekend. What a disappointing way to end it all. Decent build-up; absolutely horrible ending. What was the tease at the end supposed to mean; that it was really an origin story? I thought Dunn's son was gonna show powers and kill everyone to save his dad. Nope...Mr Unbreakable gets drowned in a fucking puddle. Really?? Bad guys win yet we don't even know who the bad guys are and I don't see any way he's able to make another movie set in this world to explain it.

I almost wish I never watched it.

d2cheer 04-15-19 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Noonan (Post 13533443)
Caught this over the weekend. What a disappointing way to end it all. Decent build-up; absolutely horrible ending. What was the tease at the end supposed to mean; that it was really an origin story? I thought Dunn's son was gonna show powers and kill everyone to save his dad. Nope...Mr Unbreakable gets drowned in a fucking puddle. Really?? Bad guys win yet we don't even know who the bad guys are and I don't see any way he's able to make another movie set in this world to explain it.

I almost wish I never watched it.

That is how I felt when this came out. I had thought I posted my thoughts in here but I must have been so pissed I just forgot.

dex14 04-16-19 01:48 PM

<iframe width="686" height="386" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9DUNHNJQOZo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Infidel 04-17-19 12:43 PM

Casey's inclusion in the movie was pretty much nothing but a plot device to get Kevin to the surface long enough for the clover people to shoot him, otherwise, with everything she was put through in Split, there was no reason for her to be here. But, I was glad she was in the movie, because Anya Taylor-Joy has great tits, and the wardrobe department definitely made sure they looked good.

As for David's puddle death, they could have at least made him fight a little bit, even though he was in a weakened state. It was almost like he had no will to live whatsoever. Disappointing. I also think Willis just kind of phoned in his performance overall.

Orbi-Wan Techno 04-18-19 07:13 PM

Finally saw this last night, though I already knew how it was going to end. It was not as bad as I thought it would be, maybe I was in a generous mood. James McAvoy was definitely the best part of the movie.

Rival11 04-19-19 08:47 PM

M didn't rely on some huge twist for this one (but still satisfied us with a small one) this might be his most complete film and I really liked it.

I hear based on the success of this one the studio wants a sequel but MNS states he explicit gets the rights to his films so this doesn't happen - from the interview I read he doesn't want anymore but we'll see.

whotony 04-19-19 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rival11 (Post 13536819)
M didn't rely on some huge twist for this one (but still satisfied us with a small one) this might be his most complete film and I really liked it.

I hear based on the success of this one the studio wants a sequel but MNS states he explicit gets the rights to his films so this doesn't happen - from the interview I read he doesn't want anymore but we'll see.

Most complete film?

what do you even mean by that, have you seen Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense?