Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

DC's Plastic Man Feature Film

Old 12-07-18, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

DC's Plastic Man Feature Film

Alright, even as a DC fan, this is getting ridiculous...

Plastic Man Movie in the Works at Warner Bros. (Exclusive)

the comedic action-adventure film.
Classic DC Comics hero Plastic Man is getting the big-screen treatment.

Up-and-coming screenwriter Amanda Idoko has been hired to pen the script for what will be a comedic action-adventure for Warner Bros. Bob Shaye, the former co-founder of New Line-turned-producer will executive produce.

Plastic Man wasn’t initially a DC character, having been created by Jack Cole for Quality Comics in 1941. When Quality went under in 1956, DC bought many of the characters, Plastic Man among them.

The hero’s true identity is Patrick “Eel” O’Brian, a crook-turned-good guy. O’Brian was part of a gang and during a botched heist is shot and wouldn’t you know it, also doused with a chemical liquid. Left for dead by the gang, he awakens to find himself imbued with the power to shapeshift and stretch his body into almost anything thanks to being the most malleable man alive. O’Brian eventually reforms and becomes a police officer.

The character has a certain cult status amongst the comic crowd. He was a member of the Justice League for a time and even had his own cartoon series.

The project is in the early stages and has no filmmaker on board. Details of Idoko’s take were not revealed but her hiring caps a half-year search by the studio to find the right person the job. Warners is planning on staying true to the light-hearted and even silly tones of the character, say sources.

DC-based film production president Walter Hamada and Chantal Nong are overseeing for the studio.

Idoko was a staff writer on The Mayor, the short-lived ABC comedy about a hip-hop artist who wins a city election, and now seeing her first feature script move into production: Breaking News in Yuba County, to star Allison Janney and Laura Dern and directed by Tate Taylor, is scheduled to go before cameras in 2019.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...r-bros-1167236
Old 12-07-18, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: DC's Plastic Man Feature Film

GOD FORBID that DC attempts to mount a "comedic action-adventure" MORE DARKNESS!
Old 12-07-18, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What? Plas gets a DC film before Elongated Man does? No fair!
Old 12-07-18, 02:59 PM

Oooook...
Old 12-07-18, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I was hoping Plaz would meet EM on The Flash for an hilarious ep. But I'll take this too!
Old 12-07-18, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by TheMovieman View Post
Alright, even as a DC fan, this is getting ridiculous...
Really? Why? Both Marvel and DC could literally go for years tapping into their unused properties as opposed to yet another Batman or Spider-man film.
Old 12-07-18, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Really? Why? Both Marvel and DC could literally go for years tapping into their unused properties as opposed to yet another Batman or Spider-man film.
Not that, it's just one more in a long line of movies on their slate that probably will never get made. I just would like some sort of update on what project of theirs (albeit some only rumored) that are likely dead (i.e. Justice League Dark, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Leto Joker Movie, Joker/Harley Quinn, etc).

Now, I can see why Warner might be interested in this. It's not going to be a huge budget so not as much risk.
Old 12-07-18, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Boy, I remember this gem during Saturday morning cartoons.

Last edited by Adam Tyner; 12-07-18 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-07-18, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by TheMovieman View Post
Not that, it's just one more in a long line of movies on their slate that probably will never get made. I just would like some sort of update on what project of theirs (albeit some only rumored) that are likely dead (i.e. Justice League Dark, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Leto Joker Movie, Joker/Harley Quinn, etc).

Now, I can see why Warner might be interested in this. It's not going to be a huge budget so not as much risk.
Ah, I see.
Old 12-07-18, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I used to enjoy the Plastic Man comics. About 15 years ago, I was thinking they should make a Plastic Man movie starring Bruce Campbell as Plastic Man and Jon Favreau as Woozy Winks. They're both too old now.
Old 12-08-18, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Someone posted this in a JSA group im in