Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Kraven the Hunter (2024, D: Chandor) -- S: Taylor-Johnson

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Kraven the Hunter (2024, D: Chandor) -- S: Taylor-Johnson

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-24, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,305 Likes on 1,563 Posts
Re: Kraven the Hunter (2024, D: Chandor) -- S: Taylor-Johnson

Out of those I only saw Aquaman 2 and it was pretty much dog shit (I have no desire to see the others). And for gods sake, Kraven is a film that no one asked for or wants to see, and the constant delays won't make it any better. But Sony apparently loves pissing away money.
Old 04-28-24, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 650 Likes on 500 Posts

Is perhaps Uwe Boll an executive at Sony. Because it feels like Sony is trying to pull off the scam from The Producers, much like what Use Bill used to with his movies.
Old 04-28-24, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,709 Likes on 2,665 Posts

The official excuse according to the trades for the delay is there are putting it in Karate Kid's release date since that got pushed to 2025.

But, Sony has already blown so much money in marketing on this movie. It's been delayed multiple times over the last year. I can't see this being a "hit" during the holidays. This isn't Tom Holland's Spider-Man.
The following users liked this post:
nikkijo (04-30-24)
Old 04-28-24, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 401 Likes on 323 Posts

I'm not trying to defend Sony since I didn't like the Spidey-Spin Offs that much, but they made 4 so far, Venom was very successful, Venon 2 was succesful, while Morbius and Madame Web could have made money, since the budget wasn't that big. The movies weren't good enough, but it's not like Sony's strategy isn't reasonable, it worked two out of four times
Old 04-29-24, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,305 Likes on 1,563 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
This isn't Tom Holland's Spider-Man.
This isn't even Nicholas Hammond's Spider-Man.
Old 04-29-24, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Right now I couldn't tell you if Blue Beetle, Morbius, Aquaman 2, Kraven, Shazam 2,or Venom 3 have been released.
For the record

Yes, yes, yes, no, yes, no
DJariya (04-29-24)
Old 04-29-24, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,709 Likes on 2,665 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

I can't keep track of all of these C-list superhero movies that are constantly being announced and delayed. Right now I couldn't tell you if Blue Beetle, Morbius, Aquaman 2, Kraven, Shazam 2,or Venom 3 have been released.
Here I thought DVD Talk was the place where everyone was an expert comic book film pundit
Old 04-29-24, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,806 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Here I thought DVD Talk was the place where everyone was an expert comic book film pundit
The Marvel ones I can keep track of since they're all pretty much "event" movies. The DC and Sony ones just kind of seem to limp out into theaters with little fanfare or notice.

And it also doesn't help that the release schedules are so wonky. I grew up at a time when a movie was released. Six months later it came out on VHS/DVD. Six months after that it as on HBO or Showtime.

Now, post-pandemic and with the streaming landscape, stuff comes out in the theater, a month or two later it's available for digital purchase, a few weeks after that it hits a streaming service, DVD/Blu/UHD, and a bit later it comes out on cable tv. The release schedules seem to float a lot and I really can't keep track of what's coming out in the theater, when it's coming out on disc, or when it's available for streaming.

SNL even mocked this idea on a game show sketch where one of the questions was "Name three movies that came out in the last five years."

cultshock (04-30-24)