Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Jetsons (Animated) (D: Conrad Vernon)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-17, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

The future of The Jetsons just got a little meatier.

Conrad Vernon, who co-directed the Seth Rogen animated movie Sausage Party, has come aboard to develop with an eye to direct The Jetsons, Warner's Animation Group’s big-screen take on the classic Hanna-Barbera television series.

Warner Bros. has long sought to adapt the movie for the silver screen and since the late 1990s has focused on a live-action version, propelled by the success of the live-action version of another classic Hanna-Barbera title, The Flintstones.

The new development firmly keeps the property on the animation track.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...rector-1007510
Old 05-25-17, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
Re: The Jetsons (Animated) (D: Conrad Vernon)

If this was done in a similar fashion to something along the lines of The Peanuts Movie in terms of animation style I'd be down for this. I thought that film looked great in terms of being a modern CG animated film while retaining a classic looking animation style.
Old 05-25-17, 03:39 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I remember working at the theater when the 1990 Jetson's movie came out. I was oddly excited to see it, and I did enjoy it. Too bad no one ever came to see it. I sense the same thing will happen with this one.
Old 05-25-17, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
If this was done in a similar fashion to something along the lines of The Peanuts Movie in terms of animation style I'd be down for this. I thought that film looked great in terms of being a modern CG animated film while retaining a classic looking animation style.
This. Agree 1000%. Thank God they never did that live action "Jetsons" movie in the early 90's like that abysmal "Flintstones" film. Where Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn were considered to play George and Jane.
Old 05-26-17, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Wasn't Robert Rodriguez working on a live action Jetsons movies at one point? I'd image that him leaving the directors guild stopped that project.
Old 05-26-17, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
I remember working at the theater when the 1990 Jetson's movie came out. I was oddly excited to see it, and I did enjoy it. Too bad no one ever came to see it. I sense the same thing will happen with this one.
I enjoyed that movie a lot as a kid, I still have the VHS, but never got around to buying it on dvd, I don't know if it ever made it to bluray. I would go watch a new movie.
Old 05-26-17, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by E Unit
I remember seeing a Jetsons film in theaters about that time...but I thought the Flintstones were in it also. Looking it up, says that was in 87....that could've been it. I guess 30yrs does tend to mix things up a bit....
Old 05-26-17, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
There was a lot of care and time put into that. I don't see that being the case with something like The Jetsons nor who is directing it.
Old 05-27-17, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I enjoyed that movie a lot as a kid, I still have the VHS, but never got around to buying it on dvd, I don't know if it ever made it to bluray. I would go watch a new movie.
I don't know about bluray but it is on Netflix.
Old 05-27-17, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,209 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by Artman
I remember seeing a Jetsons film in theaters about that time...but I thought the Flintstones were in it also. Looking it up, says that was in 87....that could've been it. I guess 30yrs does tend to mix things up a bit....
The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones is the movie I remember when I was a kid. I didn't even realize there was a standalone Jetsons movie released after that until I read this thread.
Old 05-27-17, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I knew there was an animated movie but I can't remember if I ever saw it. I'm sure if I ever have it's been years. I don't remember which channel it was (maybe Cartoon Network) but some channel used to air The Jetsons Meet The Flinstones quite a bit and I've seen that a few times at least.