Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Nightwing (D: Chris McKay)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Nightwing (D: Chris McKay)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-17, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 434 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: Nightwing (D: Chris McKay)

Bring it on. I would also love if the movie has some flashbacks as Robin.
Old 09-14-17, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,188 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Bring it on. I would also love if the movie has some flashbacks as Robin.
That could be cool. I liked how on The New Batman Adventures it was shown in one of the episodes what causes Dick to go his separate way from Bruce. Incorporating elements like that in and seeing him and a younger Batman in action could be interesting.
Old 09-18-17, 12:13 PM

Received 4,768 Likes on 3,229 Posts

Dick Grayson hasn’t had the best luck when it comes to movies. Chris O’Donnell played him in the two worst live-action Batman movies. The Dark Knight Rises had a Robin, but it wasn’t even Dick Grayson! Looks like he’ll finally get proper badass treatment in the Nightwing movie, from The Lego Batman Movie director Chris McKay. McKay hasn’t started production on the movie yet, but he promised to visit Dick’s stomping grounds.

“We’ve never seen Bludhaven on screen in a movie,” McKay said in a one on one interview for The Lego Ninjago Movie which he produced. “It’s going to take place partly in Bludhaven.”

Bludhaven was the former whaling town which saw Nightwing become its guardian hero. McKay meant it had not appeared in a live-action movie. Animated films Batman and Harley Quinn and Bad Blood as well as the video game Arkham Knight included Bludhaven. Not to mention Young Justice. So Nightwing will be the first live-action Bludhaven, but will it also be across the river from Gotham City? And how does that jive with it being across the bay from Metropolis in the DCEU? Tolkien at least gave us a map y'all.

There are still plenty of DCEU movies slated before Nightwing, including The Batman solo movie, Batgirl, Aquaman and sequels to Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad. “It’s going to be something that doesn’t necessarily depend on those other movies even though there will be a relationship to the other DC movies,” McKay said.

Hope he’s told Joss Whedon, Matt Reeves, Gavin O’Connor and any other DCEU directors not to visit Bludhaven before he gets there.

Lego Batman, oddly enough, showed McKay has a great understanding of Batman’s rogues gallery. His Nightwing cred is strong too. Check out his Twitter thread on how Nightwing won over Robin haters. But, he was reluctant to name drop specific comic book arcs because he doesn’t want people hypothesizing they’ll be the basis for the Nightwing movie.

“I’m excited about getting into that and working with a character that I’ve loved since I was a kid,” McKay said. “I am a huge fan. I can’t even tell you what my favorite ones are because then people are going to think that’s the thing I’m going to do”

That may not be the answer you want, but it’s the answer you deserve. At least until pre-production begins.

Give us a like on the Wizard Magazine Facebook to stay up to date on the latest movies, comics and the characters you care about.
http://wizardworld.com/wizard/nightw...y-in-bludhaven
Old 09-26-17, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,385 Likes on 943 Posts

Love the title of this article.

“Nightwing” To Conduct A Wide ‘Dick’ Search:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/nightwin...e-dick-search/

Though there have already been some rumors about casting, the director of the upcoming “Nightwing” film says the titular role has not yet been set.

In fact the search for who will play the big screen Dick Grayson is going to be a wide and expansive one with many actors being considered to play the former Batman offsider.

Filmmaker Chris McKay (“The LEGO Batman Movie”), responding to a fan on Twitter whilst prepping “Nightwing,” advised patience and re-iterated that the search will be thorough:

“No one has been cast yet. We are taking our time. We are going to cast a wide net because we need to find the perfect person. We need to get the script right. We need this movie to blow your mind.”

The film is said to heavily explore Grayson’s circus past and will feature lots of practical stunt work, meaning whoever is cast will have to be agile and capable of serious stunt work in much the way trained gymnast and “Spider-Man” actor Tom Holland is.

While the film may not have found its Dick Grayson yet, Brenton Thwaites will be playing the role in the upcoming DC TV series “Titans”.

Source: Twitter
Old 09-27-17, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 434 Likes on 295 Posts

They probably want to go with a young unknown, but watching Baywatch again, made me think Zac Efron would make a great Grayson.
Old 11-05-17, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 218 Likes on 183 Posts

RUMOR: Could POWER RANGERS Star Dacre Montgomery Be Up For The Lead Role In NIGHTWING?

We haven't heard much in the way of casting for Chris McKay's upcoming Nightwing solo film, but the director has been vocal about wanting an actor who would be completely devoted to the role of Dick Grayson both emotionally and physically. It would make sense that finding the right actor for Nightwing could be a bit difficult. However, could a tweet from Power Rangers star Dacre Montgomery put that to rest?

Earlier today, Stranger Things season 2 star Dacre Montgomery took to his social media accounts and posted a photo of Nightwing with nothing but an ellipses for a caption. What made things a lot more interesting was that Montgomery deleted it 20 minutes after posting it. Many actors like Tyrese Gibson and Titans very own Ryan Potter have campaigned for DC and Marvel roles in the past with very little luck, so this could easily mean nothing.

For now, the best thing to do would be to take this with a huge grain of salt. On the other hand, this might just be a young actor getting excited for a role he's landed and jumped the gun on announcing it a bit earlier than he was supposed to. We'll just have to wait and see.
Image of Tweet, spoilerized for size.

Spoiler:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/night...htwing-a155029
Old 11-05-17, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 227 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I would rather have a Batman Beyond movie.
So would I!
Old 11-07-17, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
So would I!
I only opt for a Batman Beyond movie if we get somebody like Jeff Bridges as the aged Batman. If they try to "age" Ben Affleck or something else equally stupid (bring in Bruce Willis), no thanks.
Old 11-07-17, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

I'll take a Mel Gibson old Batman... lol
Old 11-07-17, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 794 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by csant
It would certainly fit, but Mel's accent comes through a lot like Gerard Butler's does.
Old 11-21-17, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So it would seem the Nightwing project, at this juncture anyway, is moving forward. Sounds like an unknown will be in the role.
Old 11-21-17, 04:14 PM
Banned

Received 377 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by csant
So Ragman wouldn't be allowed in the Batcave?
Old 01-26-18, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 02-09-18, 10:10 AM

Received 4,768 Likes on 3,229 Posts

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 02-09-18, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

All the DC films I want to see are sounding like they’ way far down the line from starting let alone releasing. Seems like Reeves’ Batman will be at least two or three years off and my guess is this won’t start until next year at the earliest.
Old 02-09-18, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 390 Likes on 277 Posts

Based on his work on the Planet of the Apes movies, Reeves’ Batman could be as special as Nolan's. Looking forward to it.
Old 07-02-18, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

EXCLUSIVE: Lewis Tan Has Met With DC About ‘NIGHTWING’

Actor Lewis Tan (Deadpool 2, Into the Badlands) is on the rise in Hollywood and he has set his sights on one of DC’s most iconic characters: Dick Grayson. The actor has taken to his social media on more than one occasion to express his desire to land the role of Grayson in Chris McKay’s Nightwing and has received considerable fan support in his pursuits.
http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/07/e...out-nightwing/

Click the link, there's a text interview with him.
Old 07-02-18, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

More Terry McGinnis than Dick Grayson to me.
Old 07-02-18, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I’m not really sure if I see him as Dick either. Something about his look just seems off for the character. He almost looks a tad too old, which granted Dick as Nightwing is probably supposed to be about his age but I dunno.
Old 07-02-18, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If I'm a half-Asian actor... would I rather be Nightwing or Batman? Hmmm....
Old 07-02-18, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Doesn't have the choice. Who plays Batman is up to Matt Reeves... Nightwing/Dick Grayson might be the next best thing and more freedom to make the character his own.
Old 07-02-18, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I’m actually more curious about this than I am The Batman in some ways. We’ve seen Batman done multiple times but have never gotten a good take on Robin and never had a Nightwing (even though the costume in Batman & Robin was designed like a Nightwing costume).
Old 07-02-18, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, not sure about him as Dick. McGinnis would be great though
Old 07-02-18, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Doesn't have the choice. Who plays Batman is up to Matt Reeves... Nightwing/Dick Grayson might be the next best thing and more freedom to make the character his own.
I'm talking Batman Beyond. And taking that and making it his own. I'd rather do that. There's too much baggage to play Bruce Wayne's Batman.
Old 07-02-18, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bring on Batman Beyond!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.