Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Summer of Reverse Sheep Continues -- Double-Oh Sheep: The James Bond Edition

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Summer of Reverse Sheep Continues -- Double-Oh Sheep: The James Bond Edition

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-16, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Summer of Reverse Sheep Continues -- Double-Oh Sheep: The James Bond Edition

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Challenge. The question clearly states "J.B."

Look at the picture.

Your question is clearly asking for a character with a first name that starts with the letter J and a last name that starts with the letter B.
Its a capital J and a capital B. Obviously his initials.
Old 08-24-16, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 135 Posts
Re: Summer of Reverse Sheep Continues -- Double-Oh Sheep: The James Bond Edition

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
I didnt pick "Jimmy Bond" to be tricky
Old 08-24-16, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Old 08-24-16, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,309 Likes on 953 Posts

This question #8 shows me why I sometimes really suck with missing the obvious. The question mentions locations so my brain starts thinking of great scenes in different parts of the world.
Old 08-24-16, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,041 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
This question #8 shows me why I sometimes really suck with missing the obvious. The question mentions locations so my brain starts thinking of great scenes in different parts of the world.
Right with you, bro. I don't know what I'm thinking on some of my answers.
Old 08-24-16, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,309 Likes on 953 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
I think the only Sheep game I've ever won was over at "the other forum." I wish I could look back and see how the hell I did it
Old 08-24-16, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by TomOpus
I think the only Sheep game I've ever won was over at "the other forum." I wish I could look back and see how the hell I did it
Those games tended to be shorter and the questions more random, so maybe that was a factor.
Old 08-24-16, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I get caught in the trap sometimes of going with my first instinct rather than what I think most others would choose.
Old 08-24-16, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 187 Likes on 129 Posts

Soon I'm going to be busy for the rest of the day so a couple comments on upcoming questions:

#9. Scoring this could be tricky too (damn those reverses). Does "go up against" mean the organization had to be Bond's opponent? Or can it be interpreted more loosely as just any organization Bond encountered? And how specific do answers need to be? You could list the police/intelligence agency/military of nearly any country Bond visited and argue it was a correct answer. And as an example, will an answer like "russian spies" be considered specific enough to be correct when the more correct answer should be "KGB"? [BTW, my own answer shouldn't be an issue ... I gave the specific name of an organization who tried to kill Bond in at least one movie]

#10. Does anyone remember the earlier Bond game? They had a sheep question just like this "name a Bond villain" that didn't exclude for Blofield. And the results were a landslide. And ... it wasn't a landslide in Blofield's favor! Easiest answer of the game for me. You sheep better not blow it for me!
Old 08-24-16, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

BTW, this week I happen to be lecturing to college students (in an intro biology class) about the different types of bonds. I gave a little matching quiz where you had to pick the correct bond: a) ionic bond, b) covalent bond, c) hydrogen bond, d) James Bond. And yes ... for some of the questions, you needed to pick "James Bond" for the answer
Old 08-24-16, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Super X
I think I get caught in the trap sometimes of going with my first instinct rather than what I think most others would choose.
Sometimes I do that, and sometimes I overthink it. Neither ends up working.

Originally Posted by brainee
Soon I'm going to be busy for the rest of the day so a couple comments on upcoming questions:

#9. Scoring this could be tricky too (damn those reverses). Does "go up against" mean the organization had to be Bond's opponent? Or can it be interpreted more loosely as just any organization Bond encountered? And how specific do answers need to be? You could list the police/intelligence agency/military of nearly any country Bond visited and argue it was a correct answer. And as an example, will an answer like "russian spies" be considered specific enough to be correct when the more correct answer should be "KGB"? [BTW, my own answer shouldn't be an issue ... I gave the specific name of an organization who tried to kill Bond in at least one movie]

#10. Does anyone remember the earlier Bond game? They had a sheep question just like this "name a Bond villain" that didn't exclude for Blofield. And the results were a landslide. And ... it wasn't a landslide in Blofield's favor! Easiest answer of the game for me. You sheep better not blow it for me!
I didn't think about #9 that much, and I don't remember the previous game, though I'm sure I at least read through it at some point. I kinda think I didn't play, but I could be wrong.

BTW, this week I happen to be lecturing to college students (in an intro biology class) about the different types of bonds. I gave a little matching quiz where you had to pick the correct bond: a) ionic bond, b) covalent bond, c) hydrogen bond, d) James Bond. And yes ... for some of the questions, you needed to pick "James Bond" for the answer
Nerd win!
Old 08-24-16, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Shoot. Just realized that I stupidly combined the names of two Bond villains in my answer. Hopefully Abob used only the last name for my answer. LOL
Old 08-24-16, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAllPurposeNothing
Shoot. Just realized that I stupidly combined the names of two Bond villains in my answer. Hopefully Abob used only the last name for my answer. LOL
Pussy Le Chiffre?
Old 08-24-16, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Pussy Ryder?
Old 08-24-16, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,110 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
You make a good point Dooku. The initials should stand for something other than James Bond. Though I think a dog named JB is different since it's not an abbreviation for anything
I'm not challenging the dog. I'm challenging Lazenby as "JB"
Old 08-24-16, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nerd win!
Sample questions (actual ones from the quiz):

Q: Name the force that attracts water molecules to each which causes surface tension (explaining why it hurts when you do a belly flop into a pool).

A:
Spoiler:
Hydrogen bond

Q: Name the force that stands in the way of SPECTRE and their quest for world domination.

A:
Spoiler:

And yes ... there's usually a student who gets the JB answer wrong!
Old 08-24-16, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,322 Likes on 4,320 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff

6.) REVERSE: Name another famous “J.B.” from the fictional world of espionage (hint: from material outside the Bond universe and mediums other than film are acceptable)

We have just one incorrect answer ...

wishbone provided "Matt Helm, Dean Martin" as his answer. This would be acceptable for the later question about spoofs, parodies, and knock-offs, but I cannot find a way to declare the character a "J.B."
We kind of got sidetracked with the challenges and stuff, but we need to circle back to this. wishbone : JB? Matt Helm? ¿Que?
Please elaborate on this answer.
Old 08-24-16, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Almost 10 pages....and we've only done 8 questions.
Old 08-24-16, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
We kind of got sidetracked with the challenges and stuff, but we need to circle back to this. wishbone : JB? Matt Helm? ¿Que?
Please elaborate on this answer.

I read the question as James Bond-type, like Our Man Flint, not alternate "J.B." whatever. Had I read the question correctly I still wouldn't have got it right.
Old 08-24-16, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
So who said the 1960s and who said the 1990s?

1960s

Spoiler:

brainee 1960's {sd} -46
bunkaroo 1960's -23
cdollaz Sixties -23
Count Dooku 1960s -23
Crocker Jarmen the 1960s -23
Damfino 1960s {sd} -46
DaveNinja 60s -23
davidh777 1960s -23
Decker 1960s -23
devilshalo 60s -23
GhostLee 1960s -23
hasslein 60's -23
Kal-El 60s -23
majorjoe23 60s {sd} -46
Mr. Flix 1960s -23
mwbmis Sixties {sd} -46
Palaver 1960s {sd} -46
Shannon Nutt 1960s -23
sleepyhead55 1960s {sd} -46
Super X 1960s -23
The AllPurposeNothing 1960s -23
tommyp007 1960's {sd} -46
TomOpus 60's -23
wishbone '60s {sd} -46

That leaves just one Sheep ...

bradler

:
Old 08-24-16, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,110 Likes on 804 Posts

Just for the record, this was my answer to the iconic moment question.

Old 08-24-16, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Pussy Le Chiffre?
Pretty sure I put down Ernst Stavros Goldfinger. LOL
Old 08-24-16, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looking at the standings ... I'd be fine with the sheepmaster cutting TheAllPurposeNothing a break and matching him with those who answered Goldfinger
Old 08-24-16, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

His first name was part of the joke.

Looking at the standings ... I'd be fine with the sheepmaster cutting TheAllPurposeNothing a break and matching him with those who answered Goldfinger

I had Goldfinger as my answer then changed it. I didn't realize at the time that the best strategy would be to say Goldfinger for everything.
Old 08-24-16, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Just for the record, this was my answer to the iconic moment question.
That was the other moment I went back and forth with. It appears neither of my two answers were particularly sheepy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.