Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Man of Steel 2 - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Man of Steel 2 - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-16, 07:28 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
re: Man of Steel 2 - News, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I thinks it time for Nuclear Man from Quest for Peace to make another appearance!
Oh sweet 8 pound 5 ounce baby Jesus, let this be true. It would actually be better than MoS.
Old 08-08-16, 07:29 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Isn't Superman dead?
The dirt...
Old 08-08-16, 07:33 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
MoS II Villain already announced. That was fast as hell, but expected and it makes sense...

Spoiler:
Nope, I'm pretty sure it's this guy right here:

Spoiler:
Old 08-08-16, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

A Brad Bird directed Man of Steel would be amazing! Which, of course means it'll never happen.
Old 08-08-16, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way Warner's been handling the DC properties, it'll probably be Brett Ratner directing.
Old 08-08-16, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Has to be Brainiac, no?

Or at least a Brainiac/LL team-up.
Old 08-08-16, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
More Superman is always a good thing!
Excellent news indeed!
Old 08-08-16, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet

Spoiler:
Well played.
Old 08-08-16, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I look forward to a Lex Luthor real estate scam.
Old 08-09-16, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet

Spoiler:

I actually agree at this point in the game.
Old 08-09-16, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I'd fire Snyder and hire Bruce Timm to direct the movie. I don't know how good Timm is at direction, but we know he understands Superman far better than Snyder.
Old 08-09-16, 02:40 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Has to be Brainiac, no?

Or at least a Brainiac/LL team-up.
I'll say this for BvS, at least it got Doomsday out of the way so we won't have to dread the film where they finally try to make that character interesting.

Brainiac does seem like the obvious choice, and a director with a good sense of imagery could definitely have a lot of fun playing with Brainiac's form.
Old 08-09-16, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Superman doesn't have much of a rogue's gallery. There's Luthor, Zod, Brainiac, Bizarro, and Mr. Mxyzptlk. I don't really see Bizarro or Mxyzptlk working in the DCEU. Brainiac would be a natural fit, though they'd have to go out of their way to make sure he just isn't the second coming of Ultron.

I'd like to see them go really weird and surreal with Brainiac.

Sort of agree about Doomsday. In a perfect world I'd rather they not touch the whole Death of Superman in the movies since it was such a hackneyed storyline and gimmick in the comics.
Old 08-09-16, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

The problem is that most of you (and certainly most of the head honchos at Warners) thinks that a new Superman movie NEEDS a big villain to square off against him. We've got more mindless fighting in one and a half (I'll count BvS as half a Superman film) movies than I need to see (an obvious over-compensation for the lack of fighting in Superman Returns). I don't mind having a villain, but I'd rather see a Superman movie that focuses on him finally coming to terms with why he's on earth and emerging as the "heroic" (think Chris Reeve) Superman that has been missing from these first two movies. A Superman that finally stops questioning his purpose and starts to be a real leader. A movie that let us see that transformation would be great...but would never be made because an 'introspective' Superman film would be too 'boring' for most of you.
Old 08-09-16, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,131 Posts

..we could also add a scene where he practices smiling, embracing the American Flag, and maybe have him bleach his costume to make it lighter and brighter and have MARTHA make him some red draws and belt for his costume too.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-09-16 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-09-16, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
The problem is that most of you (and certainly most of the head honchos at Warners) thinks that a new Superman movie NEEDS a big villain to square off against him. We've got more mindless fighting in one and a half (I'll count BvS as half a Superman film) movies than I need to see (an obvious over-compensation for the lack of fighting in Superman Returns). I don't mind having a villain, but I'd rather see a Superman movie that focuses on him finally coming to terms with why he's on earth and emerging as the "heroic" (think Chris Reeve) Superman that has been missing from these first two movies. A Superman that finally stops questioning his purpose and starts to be a real leader. A movie that let us see that transformation would be great...but would never be made because an 'introspective' Superman film would be too 'boring' for most of you.
A good writer could make that happen AND please the fans with some fun action. That's all completely doable with a decent script and director.

Will it happen? Probably not, but it's not impossible.
Old 08-09-16, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 219 Likes on 166 Posts

From Gamesradar:

Zack Snyder's Man of Steel was a solid hit back in 2013, notching up $668 million at the box office, but it garnered a mix reception from fans and critics. It wasn't long before the sequel became Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and it seemed that the chance of Superman flying solo again anytime soon would be unlikely given the DCEU's newly crowded schedule.

According to The Wrap, however, Man of Steel 2 is now in active development at Warner Bros. The report cites sources close to the project who revealed that "Superman is a top priority for the studio and getting the character right for audiences is of tantamount importance".

The phrasing of The Wrap's report makes me a little more optimistic about what Superman will be like from Justice League onwards. While Henry Cavill has done a fine job in the role the character is in serious need of some rehabilitation
Spoiler:
(and not just because he's 'dead')
, so the fact that WB seem dedicated to getting him right is good news.

It will also be interesting to see how another solo Superman film impacts WB's release schedule, which currently stands as follows:

June 21, 2017: Wonder Woman

November 17, 2017: Justice League, Part 1

March 23, 2018: The Flash

July 27, 2018: Aquaman

April 5, 2019: Shazam

June 14, 2019: Justice League, Part 2

April 3, 2020: Cyborg

June 19, 2020: Green Lantern Corps

There's still a solo Batman film that hasn't yet snagged a release date, and there's also been talk of a Harley Quinn spin-off movie. Of the two of them, WB is much more likely to put Harley on the backburner to make way for another Superman outing, which would be a little frustrating if understandable. At any rate, it'll be interesting to see how the DCEU continues to develop.

Directed by Zack Snyder and starring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Mamoa, J.K. Simmons, Amber Heard, Ezra Miller, and Ray Fisher, Justice League is currently scheduled for a November 17, 2017 release.

http://www.gamesradar.com/a-man-of-s...gn=buffer_grfb
Old 08-09-16, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like they could slide three films into the second halves of '18, '19, and '20.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Cyborg get pushed back.

Batman, Superman 2, and Harley/SS2?
Old 08-09-16, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 744 Likes on 369 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if both Cyborg and Green Lantern disappear from the schedule altogether. There was no grand plan in mind when they were announced. They announced movies to announce movies.
Old 08-09-16, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I wouldn't be surprised if both Cyborg and Green Lantern disappear from the schedule altogether. There was no grand plan in mind when they were announced. They announced movies to announce movies.
Green Lantern is still one of DC's big guns, so I expect it will still get made as long as the DCEU is still an active program.

It's interesting that it's Green Lantern Corps. I wonder if the plan isn't to make some kind of space opera thing like GotG and not a Hal Jordan film.
Old 08-09-16, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Superman doesn't have much of a rogue's gallery. There's Luthor, Zod, Brainiac, Bizarro, and Mr. Mxyzptlk. I don't really see Bizarro or Mxyzptlk working in the DCEU. Brainiac would be a natural fit, though they'd have to go out of their way to make sure he just isn't the second coming of Ultron.

Terra-Man, bitches!

Old 08-09-16, 04:58 PM
Banned by request

Green Lantern is still one of DC's big guns, so I expect it will still get made as long as the DCEU is still an active program.

It's interesting that it's Green Lantern Corps. I wonder if the plan isn't to make some kind of space opera thing like GotG and not a Hal Jordan film.
I'm assuming they don't want to have to tie this into the previous GL film, so making it about the whole Corps gives them that out.
Old 08-09-16, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"Just because I'm riding a winged horse and wearing a ruffled shirt doesn't mean I can't fuck you up!"
Old 08-09-16, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

"Just because I'm riding a winged horse and wearing a ruffled shirt doesn't mean I can't fuck you up!"

Old 08-10-16, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I agree with you but Hollywood feels compelled to make every blockbuster fit the same formula.

I'd actually like to see a Superman movie set off of Earth away from Metropolis, but that significantly raises the budget. The best Brainiac movie would be set in distance space.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.