Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Man of Steel 2 - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Man of Steel 2 - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-19, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Man of Steel 2 - News, rumors, etc.

Bring back Brandon Routh!
Old 06-10-19, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Bring back Brandon Routh!
He's busy playing X-O Manowar the Atom.
Old 06-10-19, 12:13 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Robert Pattinson for Superman! Let's see just how good of an actor he is.
Old 06-10-19, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

The head honchos see that Man of Steel didn't do what they expected, B v S didn't do what they expected, and they lost money with Justice League. Cavill was Superman in all those movies. No way, from a business POV would they invest in another big DC film with him.

I would like to see Cavill in Man of Steel II but the Snyder DC era is probably considered damaged goods.
Old 06-10-19, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by brayzie
The head honchos see that Man of Steel didn't do what they expected, B v S didn't do what they expected, and they lost money with Justice League. Cavill was Superman in all those movies. No way, from a business POV would they invest in another big DC film with him.

I would like to see Cavill in Man of Steel II but the Snyder DC era is probably considered damaged goods.
Right. At this point, it would probably be better for Cavill’s career NOT to continue on as Superman.

Chances of MoS 2 being another Snyder inspired shitfest seems decent. I enjoyed WW and Aquaman but I have no faith that WB can make a good Superman movie.

A bunch of Massive Head Wound Harrys running that studio, I tell ya!
Old 06-10-19, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

All along they should have released a straight up sequel to Man of Steel and not Batman V Superman. I felt like that was a bad move for the characters right from the get go and everyone just wanted to brand me a hater when realistically I wound up being right about it. The Snyder era DCEU was a colossal waste of time and overall weren't that successful.
Old 06-10-19, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ

Right. At this point, it would probably be better for Cavill’s career NOT to continue on as Superman.

Probably. I need to check out his other films, but he seems to be associated with other good films.

Chances of MoS 2 being another Snyder inspired shitfest seems decent. I enjoyed WW and Aquaman but I have no faith that WB can make a good Superman movie.

A bunch of Massive Head Wound Harrys running that studio, I tell ya!
I disagree. I liked MoS but I think if they made MoSII they would try to make it too "bright" and funny, since that seems to be DC's new trend. I think MoS was good, but they just needed to balance out the grimdark stuff better. I like the desaturated color scheme, I like that we finally get some awesome superhuman battles. Just put in a bit more of the heroic, compassionate Silver Age Superman, and we're good.
No Doomsday/Steppenwolf CGI-video game villains.
Oh yeah, I forgot they ruined Superman's arch villain. They'd have to recast for Luthor.
Yeah, just start over.
Old 06-10-19, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by brayzie
I disagree. I liked MoS but I think if they made MoSII they would try to make it too "bright" and funny, since that seems to be DC's new trend. I think MoS was good, but they just needed to balance out the grimdark stuff better. I like the desaturated color scheme, I like that we finally get some awesome superhuman battles. Just put in a bit more of the heroic, compassionate Silver Age Superman, and we're good.
No Doomsday/Steppenwolf CGI-video game villains.
Oh yeah, I forgot they ruined Superman's arch villain. They'd have to recast for Luthor.
Yeah, just start over.
If they want to keep the color scheme dark, I’m fine with it. I would just suggest they use Supe’s more colorful suit from Justice League and keep everything else dark. Superman needs to be a bright beacon of hope on a dark and dreary world.

I don’t want a dark and brooding Superman. A bright and hopeful Superman in a dark and brooding world is fine.
Old 10-17-22, 06:37 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

…the studio’s eyes are very much on Superman. Under Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav and Warner Bros. Pictures heads Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy, Warners has an intense desire to reprise the Cavill iteration of the hero. The project that would essentially be Man of Steel 2 is being produced by Charles Roven and is currently in a search for writers. (There is a wishlist, of course. And Christopher McQuarrie, the hand that guides the Mission: Impossible movies was on it. McQuarrie worked with Cavill on the 2018 installment, Fallout, but sources say no official outreach has been made nor may it be feasible, as the director is working on the next back-to-back Impossible installments.)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...on-1235243030/
The following 3 users liked this post by dex14:
bunkaroo (10-18-22), DJariya (10-17-22), TheMovieman (10-17-22)