Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Halloween (2018, D: David Gordon Green) - from Blumhouse & Carpenter - S: Curtis

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Halloween (2018, D: David Gordon Green) - from Blumhouse & Carpenter - S: Curtis

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-14, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Halloween 3 in the works

Originally Posted by Obey The D
That scene killed the entire movie.
It was dead way before that. The "fuck this movie" moment was the opening scene, in which they retconned the terrific ending of H20.
Old 05-07-14, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

Oh man, I forgot Resurrection even existed; lol. It had some unintentional comedy in it but that's about it.
Old 05-07-14, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually remember liking Resurrection for the most part because I thought it had an interesting idea. But the Busta Rymes doing Kung Fu shit completely ruined the movie.

Funny side story though. There was a horror message board on AOL where someone claimed to be a part of the Halloween production team after H20 came out. People were asking him how they were going to do a movie after H20's ending and everything he said would happened actually happened in Resurrection.
Old 05-07-14, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Resurrection is definitely the worst stain on the franchise, IMO. It's not the worst film out of the bunch (H2 from RZ takes that award...) but H2O was a good ending. There was no need to go back to it. And that's coming from someone who's favorite movie franchise is Halloween.
Old 05-07-14, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm
Minus the Producers Cut which I'm still holding out hope will see the light of day at some point by Scream Factory or something.
This may be your year...
Old 05-07-14, 01:40 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Watch it and enjoy a shot of your favorite liquor every time Laurie curses.
I think the biggest problem I had with RZ's vision of Halloween is that it exists in a weird sort of 'white trash' norm. It's one thing to give Myers this background I guess, but the white trashiness permeates every character... cheerleaders act like dirtbags and even the suburban parents feel a bit grimy somehow.
Old 05-07-14, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah; that RZ's stamp, basically. Everything has to be white-trashy. That's his idea of atmosphere.
Old 05-07-14, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by islandclaws
This may be your year...
Interesting. If it actually happens I'd be curious to see it. I was never much of a fan of that entry but have always heard the Producer's Cut fixes some of the film's issues.
Old 05-07-14, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

By Producer's Cut are you talking about the original version of H6? I have a VHS copy somewhere in storage that I bought off Ebay many years ago. I remember liking it much more than the garbage that eventually came out.
Old 08-19-14, 05:39 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Hello Schmoeville!

And I am pleasantly surprised and excited for this one, folks… If all the pieces fall into place and we get a new and decent script that is…

And yeah. I’m going to take this news as awesome because… well, I am a horror guy and I love me some scary. Even more so, I love me the iconic slasher known as Michael Myers. Ater some heavy digging and asking around, I can now report that, indeed, Michael Myers will return in HALLOWEEN: THE NEXT CHAPTER.

Many of you might be wondering what the “NEXT CHAPTER” title means in the world of Halloween. Is it a reboot of the Rob Zombie crap fest? (Yup, I didn’t like either film in the rebooted franchise). I do however love me the look, the feel, the music and the slasher to end all slashers in Michael Myers. You just can’t keep a bad guy down.

Not when it comes to the Halloween franchise. And that’s exactly why Dimension Films and producers Bob Weinstein and mega Halloween producer Malek S. Akkad are gearing up for more mayhem.

As I mentioned above, according to some trusted sources who have spoken with me, I have it on good authority that a script entitled Halloween: The Next Chapter will be turned in in the fall of 2015 with the intention of continuing with the franchise Rob Zombie rebooted.

I use the word “reboot” loosely here… For it appears that Zombie is not going to be back to helm this one and that, instead, we are getting a fresh new take on the Halloween legacy that will be a companion to the Zombie movies.

So back in April, Scout Taylor-Compton AKA Laurie Strode in Zombie’s Halloween reboot and its sequel Halloween 2; said she would be returning to the role. Dread Central goes on to say:

This would indicate for sure that part 3′s storyline would pick up just after the events of Halloween 2 with Scout taking up the mentally scarred reins of Strode and leading her through another trip through hell and back. Mind you, this is all unconfirmed, but it’s great food for thought.

No matter which way the franchise heads, we hope they bring back Tyler Mane as Myers. There’s no question his portrayal was nothing short of frightening. Stay tuned, kids! Things are getting exciting!

It was long speculated that Dimension had enlisted screenwriters Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer to write a movie that was going to be titled HALLOWEEN 3D. As in yeah, same universe as Zombie’s films but with the extra-added ticket price of a 3D horror romp. The news, via Movie Web says:

Sources at Cannes broke the news last week that The Weinstein Company was ready to move on the long gestating franchise follow-up. At the time, exact plans for the film were not yet known. Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer were previously attached to write the script, but its possible that TWC is going forward with a completely different creative team. At the moment, this looks like it will be the third chapter in a Mike Myers trilogy. Will Rob Zombie be back? That’s possible…

Also, according to the report, Patrick Lussier was to be charged with directing duties.

However, now my sources are saying something different. It appears that instead of going forward with a direct sequel, yup, we’ll be getting the Next Chapter and that Dimension has scrapped the Halloween 3D idea and are starting anew with new writers (hopefully I will have that info soon) and a new direction. Though it’s not really a direct reboot (again, thank God) it will instead, follow a similar approach to the original franchise that basically created a new line of Michael Myers movies that followed Laurie Strode’s daughter (Danielle Harris)in Halloween 4 The Return of Michael Myers.

No word yet on whether or not Scout Taylor Compton is going to return as Laurie Strode. If I was a betting man (which I am) I think there will be no Laurie Strode and instead, we will be getting a whole new story with new characters that will define the Next Chapter subtitle; basically another Halloween night where Michael will return to slash some bodies up. Iconic score in place, iconic mask… Whole new chapter.

And so, my fellow Schmoevillians, looks like Michael Myers will return. And I for one am a happy camper (that is, if they follow through with what I am hearing and stay away from the Zombie timeline).

I believe you can just throw in a Next Chapter subtitle, cast a whole new bunch of victims and let Michael Myers loose. We get it, he kills on Halloween and wears a Shatner mask to scare people. No need to reboot, no need for another origin… Let’s hit the ground running.
http://schmoesknow.com/hot-scoop-dim...chapter/28137/
Old 08-19-14, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm hoping they'd move away from Zombie's versions.
Old 08-19-14, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd assume after the reception the Zombie films got they'd want to start from scratch.
Old 08-19-14, 06:28 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys, this is Halloween. They're going to take a bad thing and run it so far into the ground that the Chinese will beg us to take it back.
Old 08-19-14, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It was kind of a one-note premise to begin with.
Old 08-19-14, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't stand the Zombie Halloween movies. The all-pervasive "white trashiness" vibe is ugly to watch. And I know they're R-rated horror movies but I couldn't deal with the excessive coarse language and brutal violence. Every third word is "fuck" and the kill scenes just go on and on and on.
Old 08-19-14, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

At least Zombie won't be back for this one. That at least gives me some hope. However the last one ended on such a sour note I really don't want part 3 to continue from there.

I guess the new "rebooted" series is still better than where the original Halloween series had headed. Washed up rappers and dime-a-dozen teen actors isn't exactly where I wanted the franchise to end up either.
Old 08-20-14, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Defiant1
I can't stand the Zombie Halloween movies. The all-pervasive "white trashiness" vibe is ugly to watch. And I know they're R-rated horror movies but I couldn't deal with the excessive coarse language and brutal violence. Every third word is "fuck" and the kill scenes just go on and on and on.
All of Rob Zombie's movies have the heavily-filtered "grimy" look, revel in the white trash aesthetic, and feature terrible dialogue with an overwhelming amount of vulgarity. Every single one. The guy is such a hack.
Old 08-20-14, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

With the announcement of the Shout Factory Deluxe Halloween box set I was hoping that magically no more Halloween films would be made.
Old 08-20-14, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If anything, it'd probably be the opposite. They'd probably look at the big boxed set as promotion for the new film.
Old 08-20-14, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Supermallet
Halloween II is terribly overrated. To be honest, this series begins and ends with the first film. The third is an interesting diversion. The only thing of value from Halloween II is the score.
Old 08-20-14, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

Another HALLOWEEN movie?!

...cancelling my 'Complete Collection' Blu-ray preorder.
Old 08-20-14, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Already debunked. This news is bogus; confirmed by an email my friend got from Malek Akkad stating as much.
Old 08-20-14, 11:09 AM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

The "Love Hurts" montage from the first Zombie Halloween is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. That, and "Don't make me come over there and skull fuck you!"

LOLZERAMA.
Old 08-20-14, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Defiant1
Yeah, I couldn't make it more than 15 minutes into the first one because of this.
Old 08-20-14, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually liked the first movie. I thought Zombie put his own spin on it and things turned out OK. It wasn't a classic but I can re-watch it. H2 there is no excuse whatsoever for though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.