Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Cell (2016, D: Tod Williams) John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson - Stephen King adaptation

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Cell (2016, D: Tod Williams) John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson - Stephen King adaptation

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-16, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: Cell (2016, D: Tod Williams) John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson - Stephen King adapta

Pro reviews started to finally roll in:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cell_2016/

8 reviews, 8 rotten, 2.2 out of 10 average.

"Stephen King's novel becomes the most unconvincing horror movie since 'The Happening'" - Time Out
"One of the worst Stephen King adaptations ever" - Reel Film
"Oh, so THAT'S why Cell was forgotten and pushed under the rug..." - We Got This Covered (he gave it a 2 out of 5 which skewed the 1 out of 10 average)
Old 06-26-19, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: Cell (2016, D: Tod Williams) John Cusack, Samuel L. Jackson - Stephen King adaptation

YouTube TV recently gave me 3 months of Showtime for free and this is one of the channel's on demand offerings. I enjoyed the book when it came out and knew this movie got a critical beat down, but figured I'd give it a try last night because it couldn't be *that* bad, right? It's got Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack in it!

Oof. It was terrible. The direction, the FX, the editing, the pacing, the acting, the ending. Pretty much everything about it was bad.

If only I would've listened. Hmmm. I see that Showtime also has the Dark Tower adaptation on demand...