Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Wonder Woman (2017, D: Patty Jenkins) S: Gadot, Pine

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Wonder Woman (2017, D: Patty Jenkins) S: Gadot, Pine

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-08, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson

Oh snap!! lol! Not bad. I wonder if she uses a lasso of tied condoms? lol
Old 11-12-08, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Anybody see the OC? I forgot about Summer's surprise to Seth.
Old 11-12-08, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lena Headley
Old 11-12-08, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I think that's a little unfair to say the only reason why Catwoman sucked was because Halle Berry is black. Michael Clarke Duncan was good in Daredevil.
Yes, but Duncan was only a supporting character in the movie. Traditionally, Catwoman/Selina Kyle has been white and that film started in the wrong track as soon as Berry was cast. We knew that at that moment, the idiots at helm were working far away from the source material. Remember, that Catwoman is a comic book character that will appeal to the comic book readers. If producers drift away from the source, then they are driving away the potential fans of the film.

The same mistake was done when Fox cast Jessica Alba, a hot woman with strong latin features as Susie Storm, a character that is supposed to be an American, blue-eyed, blond. See how well those 2 FF films turned out to be.
Old 11-12-08, 08:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Race and ethnicity are not core character attributes for Kingpin, Catwoman, Susie Storm, or Wonder Woman.
Old 11-12-08, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I posted this actress in the Dark Knight sequel suggestions thread since I think she could pull off a hell-of-a Catwoman, but she could also work for WW.

Spoiler:
Tricia Helfer

At 5' 10" she definitely has the height advantage over these other actresses.
Old 11-12-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Originally Posted by dx23
Yes, but Duncan was only a supporting character in the movie. Traditionally, Catwoman/Selina Kyle has been white and that film started in the wrong track as soon as Berry was cast. We knew that at that moment, the idiots at helm were working far away from the source material. Remember, that Catwoman is a comic book character that will appeal to the comic book readers. If producers drift away from the source, then they are driving away the potential fans of the film.

The same mistake was done when Fox cast Jessica Alba, a hot woman with strong latin features as Susie Storm, a character that is supposed to be an American, blue-eyed, blond. See how well those 2 FF films turned out to be.
You sir, have a very limited view of things. I understand where you're comin' from, but it's still rather limited. Plus, Hollywood doesn't really care about making Comic Fanboys happy. We're a small vocal pain the ass group.

But then again, to me Marvel Comic's Elektra character was more of an ethnic character, but Hollywood cast the very White Jennifer Gardner in the role. So I guess I can kinda feel your pain. Especially since I think Jennifer is a pig.

Also, Eartha Kitt was a great Catwoman on the Batman tv show.

By the way the previous comments in no way support Beyonce as WW. I don't even buy that anyone is seriously considering her.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-12-08 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-12-08, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I liked FF That and I don't think Jessica Alba's ethnicity was a very big deal, since I don't think people look at her and see a latin actress (compared to say, Hayek or Penelope Cruz), or need to identify Sue Storm as such.
Old 11-12-08, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like Lena Headly too - she's a great actress and attractive, and she certainly can play a strong leader. But do fans want a flat-chested skinny-ass Wonder Woman (Headly, Beckinsale) or a voluptious full-figured Wonder Woman (Eva Green, Charsima Carpenter)?
Old 11-12-08, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I posted this actress in the Dark Knight sequel suggestions thread since I think she could pull off a hell-of-a Catwoman, but she could also work for WW.

Spoiler:
Tricia Helfer

At 5' 10" she definitely has the height advantage over these other actresses.
I like the way you think. I've never seen her in her Galactica show, but I hear she's a respectable actress. And she has the hotness and maturity that someone like Megan Fox lacks. I would second her to Eva Green. Plus, Helfer did the voice to Black Cat in one of the Spiderman video games. It would be nice if she gets a superhero role. And she's unknown enough. Isn't she the cool ass-kicker in that Galactica show?
Old 11-12-08, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've only seen the first two seasons but she is definitely a highlight of the show, and not just because she is a looker. She is a decent actress. Like you said, she is unknown enough to not bring any baggage to the role. Also as you mention, she is a 'woman' [cough]Wonder WOMAN[/cough] whereas everyone else being mentioned are too young.
Old 11-12-08, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've only seen the first two seasons but she is definitely a highlight of the show, and not just because she is a looker. She is a decent actress. Like you said, she is unknown enough to not bring any baggage to the role. Also as you mention, she is a 'woman' [cough]Wonder WOMAN[/cough] whereas everyone else being mentioned are too young.
do you think I should blind buy the first season of Galactica? She is hot enough just to buy the show just for her. I hate Star Trek, but I like Star Wars and Firefly - do you think I will like the show?
Old 11-12-08, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Kinda O/T, but yes. I hate Star Trek as well and love Star Wars and Firefly. It's a solid show thus far(from the 2 seasons I've seen), but it didn't really grab me until season 2. The premier movie was excellent though. Just start there, if you don't like it then you can obviously move on to something else.
Old 11-13-08, 04:05 PM

Also as you mention, she is a 'woman' [cough]Wonder WOMAN[/cough] whereas everyone else being mentioned are too young.
And that's the problem. The studios are going to want a franchise in addition to pulling in the youth dollars and that means casting younger than appropriate. I thought Kate Boswell was alright as Lois Lane, but her college freshman look distracted from her credibility as a tough seasoned reporter with a kid. I think a 2002 Monica Bellucci would have pulled it off, and I think Megan Gale can pull it off, but we'll see.
Old 10-30-14, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Wonder Woman (2017) (S: Gadot)

Didn't see a solo thread for Wonder Woman so I made one up. Please merge if I missed an official one.

New rumor regarding the film. Take it with a grain of salt.

The First Wonder Woman Movie To Be Set In The 1920s, And Its Sequel During World War II

We know there’s a Wonder Woman movie coming in 2017. We know it will star Gal Gadot in the lead, and she also appears in Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

But as of this date, we presumed it would be set in the modern day. Well, why wouldn’t we?

It’s not. I have been informed by those who have seen the greenlit treatment that the film will spends the first half on Paradise Island with warring Amazon factions vying for control.

An arrival of a man on the island changes that status quo, as he asks the Amazons for help. Not necessarily Steve Trevor either…

Because when Wonder Woman joins him on his return to the world of Man, we all discover that it is the 1920s. And the film will then show Diana exploring that world – a world where women have only just got the vote – from her… unique perspective.

A planned sequel would then take place during World War II in the thirties and forties. This of course was the period that the seventies TV show began in, before shifting to the then-modern day.

And a threequel would then take place in the modern day, with the Justice League Of America.

So. Not the Wonder Woman we were expecting. But the period-set Captain America; The First Avenger didn’t do too badly, did it?
Bleeding Cool

So much for Superman being the first costumed hero on the scene and inspiring everyone else.
Old 10-30-14, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Wonder Woman (2017) (S: Gadot)

I guess that's cool. Weird concept to hit if true based on their timeframe.
Old 10-30-14, 02:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
So much for Superman being the first costumed hero on the scene and inspiring everyone else.
We already knew Superman wasn't the first. Batfleck is an older Batman who has been crimefighting for many years before BvS.
Old 10-30-14, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts

I'm ok with it, though a bit cautious. I do think Captain America and the new Agent Carter show have made the "old days" "Cool" again.
Old 10-30-14, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I think he's referring to Superman as first public superhero. I think this Batman is supposed to be some kind of urban legend.

I don't mind a Wonder Woman movie set in the past. It will help explain why she ends up in America, falls in love with an American, and has a patriotic costume. This was just about the only way to package it for mainstream audiences.
Old 10-30-14, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't mind starting back in the past, but the idea of it taking 3 movies before reaching modern times doesn't seem like a great idea to me. Especially since we'll see her in modern era in the other movies during that time.
Old 10-30-14, 03:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I think he's referring to Superman as first public superhero. I think this Batman is supposed to be some kind of urban legend.
Citation needed

I don't recall even once reading that Batfleck is an urban legend. Batman as an urban legend has been done in the comics, but that was before the modern digital internet world too. There's no way he could operate long in the modern world without getting caught on camera. Plus, Batfleck has this big Tumber-like Batmobile. How is he going to drive something like that without ever being seen?
Old 10-30-14, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The movie already has a uphill battle with Wonder Woman being a tough sell to a lot of people, but making it a period film will drive even more people from it.
Old 10-30-14, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
The movie already has a uphill battle with Wonder Woman being a tough sell to a lot of people, but making it a period film will drive even more people from it.
They just have to pick the right time of the month...
Old 10-30-14, 03:29 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh
Old 10-30-14, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by The Valeyard

Didn't see a solo thread for Wonder Woman so I made one up. Please merge if I missed an official one.

New rumor regarding the film. Take it with a grain of salt.

Bleeding Cool

So, will they use Joss Whedon's previously rejected treatment for this and the sequel?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.