Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Gambit - X-Men spinoff -- S: Channing Tatum

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Gambit - X-Men spinoff -- S: Channing Tatum

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-18, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Gambit - X-Men spinoff -- S: Channing Tatum

meh Fox's X-Men are done
Old 09-20-18, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts

So stupid. This has been in development hell for how long? Not just that but Tatum’s popularity has tapered off and Gambit isn’t exactly a wildly popular character. Just don’t see the point especially amidst the looming Disney acquisition.
Old 09-20-18, 02:17 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

The higher-ups will get this shut down.

Iger even just said in an an interview the THR:
How is Marvel going to absorb Fox’s X-Men franchise? Is Kevin Feige going to oversee everything?

I think it only makes sense. I want to be careful here because of what's been communicated to the Fox folks, but I think they know. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Last edited by dex14; 09-21-18 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-11-19, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Old 01-12-19, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts

No surprises there.

i think the only real question is when and how they’ew going to release the two completed films, Dark Phoenix and New Mutants.
Old 01-12-19, 11:22 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts

i don't see anything in post. only when i quote it do i see link to twitter...
Old 01-12-19, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
i don't see anything in post. only when i quote it do i see link to twitter...
In your browser, such as FireFox if you have it set to block "trackers", it blocks the Twitter embeds. I had to disable that setting (changed it from always to only in private windows) for this site and others that utilize socialmedia embedding to be able to see them.

Alternatively you can choose to disable it by individual site by clicking the icon in the left side of the address bar and choosing to do so.
Old 01-19-19, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Channing Tatum has exited from his longtime reps at UTA and Management 360. It doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere else, and insiders called his exit amicable. Tatum last appeared in Kingsman: The Golden Circle and Logan Lucky, a reteam with his Magic Mike director Steven Soderbergh. He has been trying to get going theX-Men spinoff Gambit. He has long been slotted to play the charming card-throwing mutant, and buzz has been that he might direct the film after several other filmmakers have been in and out. But there is no start date at this point and its still being worked on. Will tell you more when we hear it.
https://deadline.com/2019/01/channin...60-1202538067/
Old 01-19-19, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,660 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
No surprises there.

i think the only real question is when and how they’ew going to release the two completed films, Dark Phoenix and New Mutants.
Well “Dark Phoenix” is out on June 7th, so I’m guessing it’ll be released then?
Old 02-04-22, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Channing Tatum says he's 'traumatized' and can't watch Marvel superhero movies

(CNN)Channing Tatum says he is traumatized after his dreams of playing a Marvel superhero fell apart.

The "Magic Mike" star was set to play X-Men character Gambit in his own movie in 2016, but after production delays, the movie never happened.
Tatum and his producing partner, Reid Carolin, were producing the movie and also wanted to direct, but the studio was against it. The two had already cast the movie and were close to shooting in New Orleans.

"The studio really didn't want us to direct it," Tatum told Variety. "They wanted anybody but us, essentially, because we had never directed anything."
When Disney merged with Fox in 2019, they decided to redesign the X-Men franchise "from the ground up," said Tatum, who was devastated.
"Once 'Gambit' went away, I was so traumatized," he said, adding that he can't watch any Marvel movies now.

"I shut off my Marvel machine. I haven't been able to see any of the movies. I loved that character. It was just too sad. It was like losing a friend because I was so ready to play him," he said, noting that Gambit was the "coolest."
"Most superheroes, their outfits are utilitarian. Batman's got his belt. Gambit's like, 'No, this s**t's just fly, bro! This s**t walked down the Paris runway last year.' He's just wearing the stuff that's so dope because he loves fashion," Tatum said.

Source

Old 02-04-22, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

I actually liked Taylor Kitsch as Gambit. I'm sure we will see a new Gambit when Marvel gets the franchise going again.
Old 02-04-22, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 732 Likes on 534 Posts

Whatever, mon ami. Tatum was so traumatized all he's got is a movie with a dog and another Magic Mike.

I'd prefer a Kitsch film though at this point, make it Logan Lerman or Dylan O'Brien.
Old 02-04-22, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Tatum wanted to make Gambit a runaway model in the outskirts of Paris. I can picture Gambit walking down strutting his stuff to the soundtrack "I'm too sexy". Meanwhile Rogue probably played by a Kardashian.

No wonder Marvel said hell to the nah!
Old 02-04-22, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Whatever, mon ami. Tatum was so traumatized all he's got is a movie with a dog and another Magic Mike.

I'd prefer a Kitsch film though at this point, make it Logan Lerman or Dylan O'Brien.
Of the actors Hollywood desperately wanted to make in to movie stars like Jai Courtney, Sam Worthington or Liam Hemsworth, Taylor Kitsch is the only one I was rooting for. I loved him in Friday Night Lights and when he got his chance with John Carter and Battleship he went away pretty fast, at least regarding big movie productions.
Old 02-05-22, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Yeah, I was down for more Kitsch as Gambit. It's a shame they never revisited that character, considering they made 9 more movies set in the X-verse(counting Deadpool and New Mutants) after his appearance.

A Channing Tatum Gambit? We have no reference what that could have been, but it doesn't sound appealing.