Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
Old 05-20-20, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Jay G.
Zack Snyder's Director's Cut discussion:
https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk...exclusive.html
Print Wikipost

Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-16, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
re: Justice League (2017, D: Snyder and Whedon) S: Gal Gadot, et al

"I hear you can talk to fish"
Old 07-23-16, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I will say the tone of that SDCC footage is better than anything we've seen in the DC films so far.
Old 07-23-16, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that JL footage was better than the entire bloated 3+ hours of that stupid Batman V. Superman.

Still a little hesitant, but at least this is a sign that shit is changing for a better direction.
Old 07-23-16, 04:28 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That clip was awesome. And made better by no stupid Superman.
Old 07-23-16, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

I came.
Old 07-23-16, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Looks good, but they're really trying to Marvel it up, aren't they? Looks like they're going for more humor and levity.

Getting a big Tony Stark vibe off Bruce Wayne in that clip. (I can imagine RDJ delivering a lot of those lines.) Not necessarily a bad thing, but I hope they don't overdo it.
Old 07-23-16, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

I'm as big a Marvel fanboy as there is, but I love the tone of everything out of DC today. Makes me think they're finally starting to get it with Johns at the helm.
Old 07-23-16, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Looks good, but they're really trying to Marvel it up, aren't they? Looks like they're going for more humor and levity.

Getting a big Tony Stark vibe off Bruce Wayne in that clip. (I can imagine RDJ delivering a lot of those lines.) Not necessarily a bad thing, but I hope they don't overdo it.
I got a very Marvel vibe from the Ezra Miller Flash too. Seems like a mix of the Tom Holland Spider-Man/Peter Parker (although it could have happened before Holland was cast) with a younger character amidst an older cast and the Evan Peters Quicksilver (they're both speedsters but I definitely got that vibe from the Batarang scene). I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily either though but it's all about balancing the light and serious tones together in a natural way.
Old 07-23-16, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

I'm just not sure why Barry needs all that metallic armor and padding. His power is that he runs fast. He's suppose to outrun a punch or a gun shot or whatever is suppose to hit him. He shouldn't have to wear that much armor or have to look like Iron Man with the flash lightning bolts.
Old 07-23-16, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really want to be excited for this film. I just can't. Feels...forced at this point. especially Barry's quirkiness.
Old 07-23-16, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Kal-El
I really want to be excited for this film. I just can't. Feels...forced at this point. especially Barry's quirkiness.
yeah. I got that feeling with a lot of it too.
I just finished the first season of Flash last night and nothing I see from Ezra Miller does anything to wipe away the impression of imposter. Especially not the needlessly complex outfit.

I'll try to enjoy it in the spirit of an elseworlds tale, but it's still kind of depressing how WB seems to marginalize its TV efforts which are so much more entertaining and truer to the spirit of the source material. Even Supergirl which I initially dismissed won me over in the few eps I was able to catch.

I'm guessing that Darkseid is going to be the key component in resurrecting Superman. He might even end up spending most of his (likely limited) screen time in Apokolips.
Old 07-23-16, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They used that outfit in the new video game, so it's a permanent thing. Get over it guys.
Old 07-23-16, 06:21 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

it's fun to rip on DC movies, and rightfully so, but that looked fucking awesome.
Old 07-23-16, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

For something that only has a few months of shooting in the can, the early footage looks promising.

I like that the tone appears to be lighter. But, let's wait and see how they handle the big action and stunt sequences and when we see Superman again.

I wasn't very keen on the casting of Ezra Miller as Barry, but that one scene with him and Affleck showed some potential. Glad he got his hair cut and dumped the dirty hipster look.
Old 07-23-16, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
They used that outfit in the new video game, so it's a permanent thing. Get over it guys.
Well, if you're going that route in rationale, I sure hope that the film's Flash Motorcycle will look totally kick ass as only Snyder could possibly make it.

let it just sink in for a moment.
Old 07-23-16, 07:00 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please don't F this up. Big JL fan, grew up with it every Sat morning.
Old 07-23-16, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm not wowed or anything, I thought it just looked ok. Batman recruiting guys as Bruce felt a little weird to me, although I enjoyed the "more less" line with Wonder Woman.

Flash suit doesn't look as terrible as I feared, but it certainly doesn't look good either.
Old 07-23-16, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah I dunno it does feel a bit like Bruce recruiting everyone is very similar to Stark/Fury doing so for The Avengers. I didn't necessarily mind that but it does feel a bit like been there done that only DC's version.
Old 07-23-16, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

At least he's recruiting just in the JLA flick, which is standalone. Didn't Stark mostly recruit in the after credit/end of the Marvel flicks? I don't remember.
Old 07-23-16, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,215 Likes on 2,074 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm not wowed or anything, I thought it just looked ok. Batman recruiting guys as Bruce felt a little weird to me, although I enjoyed the "more less" line with Wonder Woman.
That "more or less" back and forth is the best thing about that trailer and honestly, may be the best bit of dialogue out of the DC films yet!

I haven't been too gung ho about this movie yet but that trailer got me excited!

Last edited by GoldenJCJ; 07-23-16 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-23-16, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

I like the trailer. Looks like they got the message about lightening things up a bit. Affleck looks a little more relaxed this time around.
Old 07-23-16, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,744 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
At least he's recruiting just in the JLA flick, which is standalone. Didn't Stark mostly recruit in the after credit/end of the Marvel flicks? I don't remember.
Just in Incredible Hulk.

In Avengers, Black Widow and Hawkeye were already affiliated with SHIELD. BW recruited Banner. Coulsen recruited Stark. Fury recruited Cap. Thor showed up on his own hunting Loki.
Old 07-23-16, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Still not sold on cyborg being in this over a GL, and that clip didn't really show us anything on cyborg...
Originally Posted by Mike86
Yeah agreed about Cyborg. Among the other cast members he just sticks out like a sore thumb as not belonging in my opinion. Would have much rather had a Green Lantern (if they wanted to diversify its cast it could have been John Stewart).
Agreed, I would love to see a new GL. Is there a reason they passed (contractual, rights, etc.)? As for Cyborg, I'm not real familiar with the character, but I would say the opposite of Mike -- he didn't stick out in that clip, he was completely glossed over.

Originally Posted by GCS
Please don't F this up. Big JL fan, grew up with it every Sat morning.
Join me in my crusade then .. No Wonder Twins, No Sale!

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Batman recruiting guys as Bruce felt a little weird to me ...
Originally Posted by Mike86
Yeah I dunno it does feel a bit like Bruce recruiting everyone is very similar to Stark/Fury doing so for The Avengers. I didn't necessarily mind that but it does feel a bit like been there done that only DC's version.
Everybody knows Stark is Iron Man (see: Sheepero II) and Fury doesn't have an alter-ego to protect. The Bruce Wayne recruiting felt WAY out of place. Had it been Alfred or Diana recruiting it would have made more sense.

Originally Posted by Kal-El
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I like the trailer. Looks like they got the message about lightening things up a bit. Affleck looks a little more relaxed this time around.
I thought the complete opposite -- I liked the Barry stuff ("I need friends!) but thought Affleck was back to forcing it, but to each their own.
Old 07-23-16, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I do like Momoa - dude drinks like a fish in the clip. The eyes, though. He's got crazy eyes.
Old 07-23-16, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Agreed, I would love to see a new GL. Is there a reason they passed (contractual, rights, etc.)? As for Cyborg, I'm not real familiar with the character, but I would say the opposite of Mike -- he didn't stick out in that clip, he was completely glossed over.
I guess I meant that Cyborg stood out as not fitting in to me. Even in the teaser image there's the others and then Cyborg looks like he's from a different movie. I've never been a huge fan of him in the comics either though. He feels like a lame duck character that DC has been trying to push especially since the New 52. I'm not sure if it's because they think he can be their version of Iron Man or what but he just doesn't work for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.