Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Hateful Eight (2015, D: Tarantino)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Hateful Eight (2015, D: Tarantino)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-14, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Re: The Hateful Eight (2015, D: Tarantino)

AFI Silver baby.
Old 08-22-14, 01:32 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
AFI Silver baby.
THREAD DIGRESSION:

yup, seeing 'Ryan's Daughter' next Friday. Hopefully 'Around the World in 80 Days' on Sunday and then 'Cheyenne Autumn' the following Tuesday:

Old 08-22-14, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

THE DIGRESSION CONTINUES: Nice. I saw The Bridge on the River Kwai last weekend, but was disappointed that it was in Theater 2 (on Sunday). Saw Jules and Jim last night in the main room.
Old 08-22-14, 01:40 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
THE DIGRESSION CONTINUES: Nice. I saw The Bridge on the River Kwai last weekend, but was disappointed that it was in Theater 2 (on Sunday). Saw Jules and Jim last night in the main room.
ew - how did the DCP of Jules and Jim look? I would have gone but I had tix to the Royksopp/Robyn show last night over at Wolf Trap.

pissed that I'm missing 'Oklahoma!' this weekend - oh well... there's murmurings that Bow Tie Reston will be showing the same DCP later in the Fall (fingers crossed).

actually I don't mind screen 2 - the screen is more forward to the audience and acoustically it sounds better than screen 1 - not sure why, but it does.

I recently saw 'Kwai' over at the Angelika Mosaic - and on screen 8 the third largest auditorium - it both looked and sounded great!

Last edited by Giles; 08-22-14 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-22-14, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It actually looked very nice. Of course there were stock footage shots (e.g. of WWI stuff) that looked scratched, but the 'original' material was good.
Old 08-22-14, 04:51 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,184 Likes on 836 Posts

Saw the teaser today. Woo 70mm!!
Although, the only 70mm theatre that I know of locally didn't play The Master in 70mm, so chances are I won't be able to see it that way. What a load of horsepucky!
Old 08-22-14, 05:00 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The teaser was fun. I liked it.
Old 08-27-14, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

second part of QT interview tonight on The Director's Chair

EDIT: did they move this back? website now says September (doesn't specify date)

Last edited by musick; 08-27-14 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-27-14, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I liked the teaser too, although a little weird since they haven't actually done anything for the movie. I heard Amber Tamblyn on the radio and she was pretty vague about it and how shooting doesn't even start for awhile.
Old 08-31-14, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Is Amber Tamblyn playing Daisy? I was kind of hoping for Eva Green.
Old 09-03-14, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Variety
Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Hateful Eight’ Set with The Weinstein Co.
September 3, 2014 | 06:37AM PT Dave

The Weinstein Company is re-teaming with Quentin Tarantino on his upcoming Western “The Hateful Eight” with shooting starting in January and a release set for the fall of 2015.

The announcement is not a surprise, given that all of Tarantino’s films have been distributed by Bob and Harvey Weinstein, first through Miramax with “Reservoir Dogs” and then through TWC.

The post-Civil War actioner will be shot on 65mm film and have the widest 70mm film release in over 20 years with the initial release in 70mm, followed by releases in 35mm and DCP formats.

Richard Gladstein, Stacey Sher and Shannon McIntosh will produce the film and the executive producers are Bob and Harvey Weinstein along with G. Mac Brown.

“We are incredibly excited to begin production on ‘The Hateful Eight,’ as we know this picture will be as innovative, brash and of course fun as all Quentin projects prior,” Bob and Harvey Weinstein said. “There is, quite simply, no other filmmaker like him, and we are as proud as ever to continue this partnership that started over twenty years ago.”

A teaser trailer for the film was attached to last month’s release of Robert Rodriguez’s “Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.” That trailer consisted of concept art.

The project has a colorful history. The screenplay to “The Hateful Eight” was leaked online early this year with Gawker posting a story pointing to the draft, leading to a suit by Tarantino against the media outlet (which was later dismissed, then refiled, then withdrawn) and the declaration that the Western would not be his next film.

In April, however, he announced to a crowd at a Los Angeles reading of the “Hateful Eight” script that he was working on a second draft.

At the event, the director introduced in order of appearance “the Tarantino Superstars,” all alums of his previous films: Samuel L. Jackson as Major Marquis Warren, James Parks as the driver O.B., Kurt Russell as bounty hunter John Ruth also known as “The Hangman,” Amber Tamblyn as his prisoner Daisy Domergue, Walton Goggins as Chris Mannix, Denis Menochet as the Frenchman Bob, Tim Roth as the Englishman Oswaldo Mobray, Michael Madsen as John Gage, Bruce Dern as Confederate General Smithers, Dana Gourrier as Minnie, Zoe Bell as Six Horse Judy and James Remar as Jody.

The story is set in Wyoming and focuses on people trapped after a snow storm forces a stagecoach off its route.

Tarantino confirmed in July at Comic-Con that “The Hateful Eight” would be his next project. He shot “Django Unchained” in 2012.
Old 09-17-14, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by musick
second part of QT interview tonight on The Director's Chair

EDIT: did they move this back? website now says September (doesn't specify date)
so I guess part 2 with QT finally airs tonight (9/17)
Old 09-17-14, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: "The Hateful Eight" (D: Tarantino)

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
Derailing the thread, but I agree this turned out to be more informative than any extras on those discs. Things I discovered:
-Rodriguez's tapes of QT doing a script-read of KILL BILL?!?

I find it odd that volume 1 of this interview spent it's whole running time covering DOGS & PULP. While volume 2's gonna cover JACKIE through DJANGO? We might be looking at multiple volumes here.
the script read tape in part 2 tonight was great (would love to see the whole tape)

and they easily covered Jackie through Django with plenty of time to spare
Old 09-18-14, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts

Yeah, while volume 1 was good to hear regarding QT's beginnings, volume 2 definetly shined when it came to hearing the techincal aspects of his films.

And, uhhh, seriously. I never, EVER noticed Tarantino's DOP credit at the beginning of Death Proof! I'm always too busy focusing on Jordan Ladd in that scene!!!

And do we have Harvey to thank for the use of soundtrack-music in QT's films?

BTW, it was actually cool to see that Kill Bill scene (The one that required the most takes) was presented in it's colorized form. Hopefully that's a sign that TWBA will finally be on it's way.
Old 09-20-14, 08:28 AM
Banned

It's been on it's way for a long ass time now.
Old 09-20-14, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
Yeah, while volume 1 was good to hear regarding QT's beginnings, volume 2 definetly shined when it came to hearing the techincal aspects of his films. And, uhhh, seriously. I never, EVER noticed Tarantino's DOP credit at the beginning of Death Proof! I'm always too busy focusing on Jordan Ladd in that scene!!! And do we have Harvey to thank for the use of soundtrack-music in QT's films? BTW, it was actually cool to see that Kill Bill scene (The one that required the most takes) was presented in it's colorized form. Hopefully that's a sign that TWBA will finally be on it's way.
Tarantino is Harvey's very own personal King Midas, I'm sure he'll give him damn near anything he asks for.
Old 09-20-14, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Except for a Grindhouse sequel.
Old 09-29-14, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Quentin Tarantino to Film 'Hateful Eight' in Colorado
5:57 PM PST 09/28/2014 by The Associated Press

Colorado has approved a $5 million incentive package to lure production of the upcoming Quentin Tarantino film The Hateful Eight.

The state Economic Development Commission approved the package Friday. The Denver Post reports that Colorado's incentives beat out those of Utah and Wyoming. The film could be filmed on a 900-acre ranch west of the ski town of Telluride, depending on local permit approval.

Budgeted at $44 million, the film would be the most significant production in Colorado since 1969's True Grit. That classic was filmed near three rural western Colorado cities.

The Hateful Eight is set in the early 1870s and slated for a 2015 release.

The newspaper reports the incentive package would use the rest of the year's incentive budget, plus some of next year's.
Old 09-29-14, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Budgeted at $44 million, the film would be the most significant production in Colorado since 1969's True Grit. That classic was filmed near three rural western Colorado cities.
Are they sure they didn't mix that up with the remake? The original was mostly shot in the Sierra Nevadas.
Old 10-09-14, 07:49 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Jennifer Jason Leigh Joins Quentin Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight': http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ebook_20141009
Old 10-09-14, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Jennifer Jason Leigh Joins Quentin Tarantino's 'Hateful Eight': http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ebook_20141009

Now that's good news.
Old 10-09-14, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Knowing her, she'll get nekkid!
Old 11-06-14, 12:16 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Channing Tatum and Demian Bichir have joined the cast of Quentin Tarantino’s western “The Hateful Eight.”

The Weinstein Company — which is selling international markets at the America film Market — announced the official cast list Thursday and said shooting will take place in Telluride, Colo. Bichir is one of the eight in the “Bob” role. (Bob was played by Denis Menochet in Tarantino’s live read of the script in April.) Tatum’s role was not disclosed.

The other seven roles in the post-Civil War western: Samuel L. Jackson as Major Marquis Warren, Kurt Russell as John “The Hangman” Ruth, Golden Globe nominee Jennifer Jason Leigh as Daisy Domergue, Walton Goggins as Chris Mannix, Tim Roth as Oswaldo Mobray, Michael Madsen as Joe Gage and Bruce Dern as General Sanford Smithers.

Leigh, Bichir and Tatum will be working for the first time with Tarantino. It’s his eighth feature and the follow-up to “Django Unchained,” which grossed over $425 million worldwide.

The story is set on a wintry Wyoming landscape as a storm overtakes a stagecoach on a mountainside stopover.

SEE MORE:Quentin Tarantino Stages Live Read of ‘The Hateful Eight’

Producers are long-time Tarantino collaborators Richard N. Gladstein, Stacey Sher and Shannon McIntosh. Harvey Weinstein, Bob Weinstein and G. Mac Brown are the executive producers, and Coco Francini and William Paul Clark are associate producers.

TWC will release the film, presented in 70mm, next year.

“Any actor who jumps on board with one of Quentin’s films is in for a wild and rewarding ride,” said Bob and Harvey Weinstein.

News of Tatum’s casting was first reported by Deadline.com.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ch...ng-1201349699/

Last edited by dex14; 11-06-14 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-06-14, 01:25 PM
Banned

Interesting. I still believe that Tatum is a good actor but one that needs direction. And Tarantino can get a fucking great performance out of an actor like nobody else.
Old 11-06-14, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Interesting. I still believe that Tatum is a good actor but one that needs direction. And Tarantino can get a fucking great performance out of an actor like nobody else.
There's been a lot of buzz about his performance in Foxcatcher.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.