DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Man of Steel - The Reviews Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/611229-man-steel-reviews-thread.html)

taffer 06-26-13 07:19 PM

Re: Man of Steel - The Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton (Post 11745147)
^ Oddly enough there isn't many "I'm so emo it hurts" Superman besides Earth One.

Smallville TV series...

I only watched the first three seasons, so maybe it got better later, but those first few seasons were horrible with emo Superman being all "Boo hoo! I can't tell Lana my secret! Boo hoo!" in seemingly every single episode. That shit got tiresome very quickly.

RocShemp 06-26-13 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by taffer (Post 11745156)
Smallville TV series...

I only watched the first three seasons, so maybe it got better later, but those first few seasons were horrible with emo Superman being all "Boo hoo! I can't tell Lana my secret! Boo hoo!" in seemingly every single episode. That shit got tiresome very quickly.

The show itself got better towards the middle but Clark was mostly a pussy throughout. The show itself turned into absolute shit during the final season. You can tell no one involved gave a fuck at that point. They even CGI'd the costume on Welling because no one bothered to convince him it was important he finally wear it during the last shot of the series finale.

redrum 06-27-13 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 11745278)
The show itself got better towards the middle but Clark was mostly a pussy throughout. The show itself turned into absolute shit during the final season. You can tell no one involved gave a fuck at that point. They even CGI'd the costume on Welling because no one bothered to convince him it was important he finally wear it during the last shot of the series finale.

thought that was incredible bullshit they didn't design a suit for him to put on in the finale, like really gonna make all these seasons leading up to that and not even put any effort into the final episode of the series where he becomes Superman

PhantomStranger 06-27-13 12:48 AM

It's well known that Welling refused to wear the Superman costume, which is why they came up with the CGI suit for the finale.

redrum 06-27-13 12:50 AM

well Tom is a lil bitch then and didn't deserve that role

redrum 06-27-13 12:53 AM

stupid

Souders' fellow executive producer, Brian Peterson also weighed in on the subject.

“What we wanted to do all along was show hints at where he was going because that is a whole different story that is yet to be told,” related Peterson. “It felt like it gave just enough without starting to tell a whole different story that is left for all the other media.’

“[Showing Tom in the full suit] to me is just not super relevant and not what we were trying to do,” added Peterson. “We were actually thrilled that everybody came together and was on board with the shots that we specifically picked. We all wanted it to be the end of Clark Kent’s journey because it’s a show about Clark Kent. In the days when we saw him in a flannel shirt, the [Superman] suit was the furthest thing from his mind.”

dan30oly 06-27-13 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema (Post 11744807)
This is where you posted that Jack and Jill was better than Citizen Kane. http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11001501-post79.html

This is where you said Jack and Jill was your #2 movie of the year.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11044986-post18.html

I think you mentioned once that Revenge of the Fallen was the best film of 2009?

It's hard to forget posts like that.

Jesus Christ. Sometimes I really hate the fucking internet.

I never denied saying that. I said that I didn't recall having shared that opinion on here. I absolutely back it up though.

In fact, I'll further go on record as saying Jack & Jill had more heart and emotion than Man of Steel.

Why So Blu? 06-27-13 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by dan30oly (Post 11745509)

I never denied saying that. I said that I didn't recall having shared that opinion on here. I absolutely back it up though.

In fact, I'll further go on record as saying Jack & Jill had more heart and emotion than Man of Steel.

Your opinion is worthless if you think Jack and Jill had more heart than MOS. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

:doh:

Dragon Tattoo 06-27-13 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by dan30oly (Post 11745509)

I guess you would if you were the type of person prone to making ridiculous comments all the time.

EddieMoney 06-27-13 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo (Post 11745636)
I guess you would if you were the type of person prone to making ridiculous comments all the time.

So you hate the Internet as well then?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dragon Tattoo 06-27-13 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 11745639)
So you hate the Internet as well then?

I know you sure as hell should.

EddieMoney on Online dating:

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 11703622)
No shame in hoggin'. Take what you can get.

:lol:

whotony 06-27-13 10:03 AM

:banana:

The day [STRIKE]Skynet[/STRIKE] Dragon Tattoo became self aware.

Crud how do you strike through?

Dragon Tattoo 06-27-13 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 11745697)
:banana:

The day [STRIKE]Skynet[/STRIKE] Dragon Tattoo became self aware.

Crud how do you strike through?

If I were Skynet, I wouldn't exactly be cheering the day I became self-aware. :lol:

:grunt:

EddieMoney 06-27-13 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo (Post 11745684)
I know you sure as hell should.

EddieMoney on Online dating:

:lol:

Awesome that you invested that much time in tracking down my comment in an unrelated thread, yet couldn't even be bothered to track down the comments from THIS thread that you erroneously contributed to me. Let me do this for you:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dragon Tattoo 06-27-13 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 11745782)
Awesome that you invested that much time in tracking down my comment in an unrelated thread,

It wasn't that hard, actually. It was one of the first comments you ever posted.

You certainly didn't attempt to hide your love for fat chicks. :D

Why So Blu? 06-27-13 11:39 AM

EddieMoney's mama so fat after having sex with her I roll over twice and I'm still on her.

Heeeeeeyo!

EddieMoney 06-27-13 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo (Post 11745794)
It wasn't that hard, actually. It was one of the first comments you ever posted.

You certainly didn't attempt to hide your love for fat chicks. :D

Well, I certainly don't love fat chicks. But we all have to lower our standards sometimes, right? Right? ...Anyone?

EddieMoney 06-27-13 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 11745805)
EddieMoney's mama so fat after having sex with her I roll over twice and I'm still on her.

Heeeeeeyo!

Don't forget the classic, "yo mama so fat I had to roll her in flour to find the wet spot."

Rob V 06-27-13 12:16 PM

Pot meet Kettle

dan30oly 06-27-13 12:40 PM

I ended up caring a lot more about the characters in Jack & Jill and any of the Transformers movies than Man of Steel.

At the end of Man of Steel I wanted to snap my own fucking neck.

nando820 06-27-13 01:10 PM

^good for you!

Dragon Tattoo 06-27-13 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by dan30oly (Post 11745911)

At the end of Man of Steel I wanted to snap my own fucking neck.

What stopped you?

Mr. Cinema 06-27-13 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo (Post 11745971)
What stopped you?

The chance to see Grown Ups 2 opening weekend?

Rob V 06-27-13 02:17 PM

Jack & Jill 2: Paternal Boogaloo

Supermallet 06-27-13 03:06 PM

Alright, this thread seems to have devolved into nothing but members bashing on each other. I've gotten several reports about this thread, and I'm inclined to agree with them. I'm closing this thread.