Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fast and Furious 6 (2013, D: Lin S: Johnson, Diesel, Walker) -- The Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: What did you think of Fast and Furious 6?
It was awesome. Bring on Part 7!
61.04%
It was good, not great. Still entertained.
25.97%
It was just okay
5.19%
Didn't like it. But will continue watching the series
2.60%
Hated it. I'm done with the series. Screw Part 7, 8, 9
1.30%
I'm in this thread because I'm bored and I read every single thread in Movie Talk
2.60%
I'm lazy and will wait until it's released on BD this Fall
1.30%
I want to see this movie, but can't because of my damn kids.
0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Fast and Furious 6 (2013, D: Lin S: Johnson, Diesel, Walker) -- The Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-13, 10:45 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts
Re: Fast and Furious 6 (2013, D: Lin S: Johnson, Diesel, Walker) -- The Reviews Threa

Originally Posted by SuperJim88
Yes, seriously, I haven't followed the franchise that closely, but I'm glad that's amusing to you.

So calling girlfriend a family is normal then. Got it, stupid me. Why wouldn't I call my girlfriend or ex family? That's totally normal and not egotistic.
Ok... so does not following the franchise closely mean you haven't seen a single one? Because if you've atleast seen the first movie you would know. If you've never seen any of them then that's what you should've said.

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Your not stupid, but it isn't egotistic in the context of the movies. Which you've admitted you aren't really up on, so it is a bit silly to debate the merits of something you're a bit foggy on, no?
What he said.
Old 05-24-13, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fast and Furious 6 (2013, D: Lin S: Johnson, Diesel, Walker) -- The Reviews Threa

It was just as good as the last few so I was happy about it.
Old 05-24-13, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Loved it!!!

Best of the series. Kicked ass on all kinds of levels.
Old 05-24-13, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Amazing, exhilarating, ridiculously over the top, but a hell of a good time.

I honestly think Justin Lin and Chris Morgan outdid Fast Five. This was easily IMO the best of the series.

Amazing car chase sequences, stunts, action. Everything you could possibly ask for in a Fast and Furious movie.

The explanation for how they brought back Letty was very believable.

Her fight scene with Gina Carano was awesome and brutal. I wonder if Carano used a stunt double for any of it since she's a trained MMA fighter.

Sucks that they killed off Gisele. But when Han told her that he wanted to go to Tokyo and she agreed to go, I figured her fate was doomed anyways. So it's not like that was a huge spoiler anyways if you are following the series.

As for the end, the theater I was in was packed and many started walking out. After the disclaimer appeared and the chase scene from Tokyo Drift showed up, everyone started running back to their seats. Someone behind me said..."Sit the fuck down."
Spoiler:

I thought that was brilliant how they recreated that crash sequence that killed Han and Jason Statham emerged from the Mercedes.

Everyone in my theater went..."Oh shit!!!"

With a cliffhanger like that, I can see why Universal wants to get the next movie out ASAP.
Old 05-25-13, 01:10 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Gal Gardot is one of the sexiest woman alive. I'm sad to see her go.

The crowd went nuts for Statham.

Carano turning heel was dumb and didn't really add anything.

Overall, great addition. I don't think I liked it more than 5, but it was still extremely impressive. There aren't that many franchise that just keep getting better as they go along.
Old 05-25-13, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love that the reveal of Statham was received better at the showing I saw than most of the post credit Marvel movie stingers. This movie knows who the audience is, and what they want to see. The crowd I was with LOST IT when Statham got out of the car.
Old 05-25-13, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Saw it. As others have said, it's out there, but it's one hell of an entertaining ride. While some may disagree, I think Chris Morgan should have been given a shot at the upcoming X-Men movie. He seems to know how to effectively utilize many characters to drive a story as well write some damn fine action sequences.

That had to be the best set-up for a sequel ever. Fast Five's end was good, but this one topped it.
Old 05-26-13, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts

HOLY. SHIT. That was one of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen. Great action, super fun set pieces, some sweet hand-to-hand fights and easily the best "post-credits-but-not-really" scene I've ever seen.

I cannot believe this series is actually the best it's been by the 6th entry.
Old 05-26-13, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Great action movie. We only get one or two a year. This is definitely this year's.

Does anyone else laugh at how quaint the first movie is, in comparison? Ooooo, guys who driver ricer cars and steal consumer electronics. Badass!
Old 05-26-13, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by troystiffler
Great action movie. We only get one or two a year. This is definitely this year's.

Does anyone else laugh at how quaint the first movie is, in comparison? Ooooo, guys who driver ricer cars and steal consumer electronics. Badass!
Stealing DVD players!
Old 05-26-13, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya

Her fight scene with Gina Carano was awesome and brutal. I wonder if Carano used a stunt double for any of it since she's a trained MMA fighter.
Carano didn't use a stunt double on Haywire.
Old 05-26-13, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I fucking loved it. I actually think Tyreese Gibson could be a decent action star if he wanted to.
Old 05-26-13, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Yeah, I'm 99% that was all her. There wasn't anything in the movie she couldn't handle.
Old 05-26-13, 05:47 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
She used a stunt double for one scene. It was the part where her character is on the rooftops running away from the police. She's making her way down, slips, and falls on the ground hard. Skip to 3:39 below for the story.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGIWQw2L1tM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGIWQw2L1tM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Last edited by MaximumPower; 05-26-13 at 05:52 AM.
Old 05-26-13, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fuckin' Carano! So sad to see her go since she was sexy as hell in this.

Big crowd reactions to:
-The Carano reveal
-The Rock Clothesline
-Of course, the end stinger and please, it wasn't a end credit scene.

Tyrese was fucking great in this and it was nice to see Hobbs loosen up a bit in this installment. Great time at the theaters.

I can't leave without mentioning how ridiculous that Letty/Dom "leap of faith" tank scene was. I forgive alot in this flicks but the cgi and dynamics were just terrible. Groan inducing, really.
Old 05-26-13, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jdslater1
Stealing DVD players!
You know, I didn't even really think of the ramp up, but you're right. Shit got super ridiculous. It will be neat to marathon the movies over a week to see how they go from A to Z.

Any guess to how many more of these movies we'll get? It really has turned into a golden franchise, but I wonder how long that will last or how far they'll want to push it. I can see two more easily.
Old 05-26-13, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by boredsilly
You know, I didn't even really think of the ramp up, but you're right. Shit got super ridiculous. It will be neat to marathon the movies over a week to see how they go from A to Z.

Any guess to how many more of these movies we'll get? It really has turned into a golden franchise, but I wonder how long that will last or how far they'll want to push it. I can see two more easily.
I already mentioned it earlier, but according to Diesel at least 3 more movies. He said 7 is the start of a new trilogy.
Old 05-26-13, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, I must have missed that post. That sounds good to me! I thought he was silly to leave the franchise so early, but Vin stepping away from the Fast movies for a minute was probably the absolute best thing that he could have possibly done.
Old 05-26-13, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Han and Roman's fight scene with Jah was both awesome and hilarious.

Loved when they both got their assess kicked and Roman said, "Don't mention this to anyone."

Tyrese and Ludacris had great dialogue in their scenes together. Good comedic timing.
Old 05-26-13, 04:24 PM
Banned

i wished they had used a widescreen shot of the Gina Carano/ Michelle Rodriguez fight scene. too tight,fast close ups ruins the beauty of the scene.
Old 05-26-13, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I didn't realize the relevance of the Carano/Rodriguez scene until I remembered that Rodriguez's big break was in the movie Girlfight.
Old 05-26-13, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya
Han and Roman's fight scene with Jah was both awesome and hilarious.

Loved when they both got their assess kicked and Roman said, "Don't mention this to anyone."

I love that Han wasn't some secret martial arts badass. They legitimately got their shit kicked
Old 05-27-13, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Man did I have a lot of fun with this!! Bring on part 7. Easily better than anything else in the series.
Old 05-27-13, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

I was very entertained but still like 5 more.

Vin Diesel is just the most boring man on the planet. He had way too many "talky" scenes.

And I never thought I'd think of The Rock as looking small but that Kim Kold dude is like a real life 1:1 version of The Incredible Hulk
Old 05-27-13, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just couldn't have loved this movie more. I am a fan of the entire series, but I think this just topped everything. 100% pure top notch escapism fun right there.

Usually I like to see a movie in a quiet matinee, but this is definitely a lot of fun to see with a crowd. Everyone was laughing, clapping, yelling and just having a good time. Everyone lost their minds with the big reveal at the end too. Cannot wait for the next one, I have no doubts that it will be great.

A+++ from me

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.