Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Lucy (2014, Besson) S: Johansson

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Lucy (2014, Besson) S: Johansson

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-14, 11:44 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Lucy (2014, Besson) S: Johansson

The concept of her getting her powers doesn't attract me, it's just an added bonus for me. I am interested in seeing an action flick with johansson led by Besson though. Weird mix but also worth watching just to see where that goes.
Old 07-22-14, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
So, does the movie end with Lucy glowing with white light, realizing that all human strife is petty, and vanishing to a higher plane of existence?
Old 07-23-14, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I think the last Besson film I cared to see was Angel-A. I loved that one
I haven't seen The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec, but Angel-A was one of the last films that he directed that had his 'signature' strong female leads/roles. It's probably the biggest reason why I'm so excited for this film.
Old 07-23-14, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
The concept of her getting her powers doesn't attract me, it's just an added bonus for me. I am interested in seeing an action flick with johansson led by Besson though. Weird mix but also worth watching just to see where that goes.

I want to see Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence in an action film together, maybe a remake of the Hong Kong film, SO CLOSE (2001), where they could play the two high-tech sisters played so memorably in that film by Shu Qi and Vicki Zhao Wei. Or a noir-type film like a remake of SLIGHTLY SCARLET (1955), where they could play the two redheaded sisters played in the earlier film by Rhonda Fleming and Arlene Dahl.
Old 07-23-14, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
I want to see Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence in a girl on girl action film together,
Fixed
Old 07-23-14, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Traxan
People on IMDb are speculating that this is a rip off of the anime "Elfen Lied," which was one seriously brutal anime. There was a ton of death and dismemberment in that series, especially the opening. And the main character was named Lucy.

Be curious to see how this plays out.
Ditto.

Amazon's description of Elfen Lied:

Critics have described Elfen Lied as "weird," (Anime Planet), "surprisingly sadistic," (Gamers Edge), and "addictive"(Animesou). No wonder, when you consider what makes this series hum! Lucy, a beautiful young mutant, is bred by the military to be the ultimate weapon. Now, with government killers on her trail, the disposition of a five year old, and a hair trigger for ultraviolence, Lucy and her young friends must unravel the dark secret of her legacy before it's too late.

Anime News Network:
The Diclonius, a mutated homo sapien that is said to be selected by God and will eventually become the destruction of mankind, possesses two horns in their heads, and has a "sixth sense" which gives it telekinetic abilities. Due to this dangerous power, they have been captured and isolated in laboratories by the government. Lucy, a young and psychotic Diclonius, manages to break free of her confines and brutally murder most of the guards in the laboratory, only to get shot in the head as she makes her escape. She survives and manages to drift along to a beach, where two teenagers named Kouta and Yuka discovers her. Having lost her memories, she was named after the only thing that she can now say, "Nyuu," and the two allow her to stay at Kouta's home. However, it appears that the evil "Lucy" is not dead just yet...