Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Favorite Movie Moments?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Favorite Movie Moments?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-11, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: Favorite Movie Moments?

Hoosiers: When Jimmy Chitwood comes into the meeting after they voted to fire Gene Hackman and says, "The coach stays, I stay...he goes, I go." After the re-vote the one gentlemen says, "The Coach stays..." leading right into the Hoosiers score...
Old 11-25-11, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by foofighters7
I've been doing it porpoisely because people constantly complain about it.

I've been trying to remember to stick your where it should be you're and you're where it should be your.

I'm just being retarded. oh and Hey F U!!! GrammEr Nazi!!!
Well played.
Old 11-28-11, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manhunter - The scene when all the experts are trying to work out what the clue is in Lectors cell. People just at the the top of their game trying to do their best.
Old 11-28-11, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 11-28-11, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

In Oldboy, the sequence of the hallway brawl. Amazing.
Magnolia, when the ambulance overturns.
Blade, the intro club scene.
Old 11-28-11, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XCSvfn0OEzc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XCSvfn0OEzc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
Old 11-28-11, 07:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

1) The creation scene in Frankenstein (1931) - "It's alive. It's moving. It's alive. Oh God I know it! Now I know what it feels like to be God!!!"

2) The death scene of a key character near the end of The Third Man (1949).

3) The main car chase scene from Double Nickels with cars bouncing down stone stairways, through drains and the like - best scene of its type ever.

4) The "Fire that gun **********!!!" scene from The Prisoner of Shark Island (1936).

5) Boris Karloff's first death scene in The Ghoul (1933) - "If this should leave me you will have reason to fear. For when the light of the full moon strikes the door of my tomb I shall come back...you hear me, I shall come back..to kill!"

6) Chandu finally confronts Roxor in Chandu the Magician (1932) - "I have come from a coffin at the bottom of the Nile. My will alone brought me here...and that will is stronger than yours!"

7) The Phantom is unmasked by Christine in The Phantom of the Opera (1925) - "Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my accursed ugliness!"

8) General Patton beats the excrement out of a shell-shocked soldier in Patton (1970).

9) The thing that Dr. Edelmann has become confronts Seigfried in his cart in House of Dracula (1945).

10) Peter Cushing's final moments in Twins of Evil (1971) - "Only one blow Viel...and it must be here (points to throat) or you go to join the devil's souls."
Old 11-30-11, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Caddyshack: swimming pool scene.

Goodfellas: Henry Hill beating guy's face with his gun.

Dirty Harry: final scene with Harry vs. Scopio.

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel put banana in car pipe inside car with Rosewood and Taggert.

Old 11-30-11, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyMovie

Goodfellas: Henry Hill beating guy's face with his gun.

That scene is great. I have many times playback that scene over and over again lol
Old 12-01-11, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Back to the Future - When Marty rolls his skateboard under Biff's car and runs over Biffs goons to jump on the skateboard on the other side.

Inglourious Basterds - the entire opening French farmhouse scene. Fantastic filmmaking all around!

Return of the Jedi - When Luke springs himself off the plank at the Saarlac pit. I loved that sequence when I was 3 years old and I love it now!

The Rock - The shower room shootout!

Superman Returns. The airplane/shuttle sequence. It's a turd of a movie but that sequence is awesome!

Almost Famous - The "Tiny Dancer" scene on the tour bus.

The Third Man - Orson Welles' first appearance.

Jurassic Park - The T-Rex attack.
Old 12-01-11, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Master & Commander -- Warley falls into the ocean, Aubrey is forced to send him to his death.

Ghost in the Shell -- Project 2501 reveals himself to Kusinagi

Forrest Gump -- at Jenny's grave

Full Metal Jacket -- "I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your drill instructor....."

The Matrix -- Trinity's rooftop chase

Supercop -- Helping Panther escape, the helicopter scene, the gun battle with the drug dealers
Old 12-01-11, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JohnnyMovie
Beverly Hills Cop: Axel put banana in car pipe inside car with Rosewood and Taggert.

I thought he stuck the banana up the pipe of the other 2 cops and gave Taggert and Rosewood the meals?!
Old 12-01-11, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by jdslater1
I thought he stuck the banana up the pipe of the other 2 cops and gave Taggert and Rosewood the meals?!
Nope.

The meals were a distraction while Axel was placing the bananas.

But the other 2 cops did give Taggart and Rosewood an anti-banana disguise.
Old 12-01-11, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 208 Likes on 120 Posts

Overhead shot of stardestroyer in Star Wars
When Han shows up at end of Deathstar battle
The End of BTTF 2 when Marty watches Doc disappear, and he knows he needs to run back to the 1955 Doc and get help.
T2, when Arnold shows up in the Mall hallway and takes out the shotgun out of the rose box
First appearance of the Dino's in Jurassic Park
Old 12-01-11, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts

It's random, but in the Brandon Lee classic Rapid Fire, I love when he throws the drawer full of silverware during the kitchen fight scene. It's a quick little moment but it's cool.

The super fast couch gunfight in The Mechanic was worth a rewind too.

Many more but those are two that stick out as "So cool".
Old 12-01-11, 05:06 PM

The Matrix-When Trinity tells the agent to "dodge this" at the end of the rooftop gunfight scene.
Old 12-01-11, 08:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I could do this all day - great thread about great movies.

1) Jonathan Harker in Horror of Dracula (1958) stakes the vampire woman and then goes to do the same to Dracula only to find his crypt empty. He turns and sees Dracula at the top of the stairs. Harker backs away and Dracula closes the door. Fade to black. Never has a character known that he was completely ****ed as at that moment.

2) The "If you leave me here to die..." scene from The Spider and the Fly (1948).

3) The scene where the pig rips an entire house in half in Razorback (1983) and drags half the house out into the desert with the television still going.

4) The moment from Turkey Shoot (aka Escape 2000)(1982) where the hunters arrive for the manhunt. They are a mix of types. Up to this point the film has been a fairly ordinary prison drama but then one of the hunters emerges and he is a werewolf! An utterly bizarre surreal moment that comes out of nowhere and immediately changes your perception of a film. Also major props for the scene where a guard beats the living crud out of a female prisoner and then sets her on fire!

5) The sequence where the priest is taunted by a naked woman in Blood on Satan's Claw (1971).

6) Count Mitterhouse fights off a group of villagers killing each with ease before meeting his own death in the opening minutes of Vampire Circus (1971).

7) Dracula renounces God and thrusts his sword into the stone cross which then unleahes and unimaginable torrent of blood flooding the chapel in Dracula (1992).

8) Dirk Bogarde shoots Jack Warner in cold blood in The Blue Lamp (1950).

9) Charlton Heston's final scene in El Cid (1961) - also memorable is the scene where he kills an entire platoon of cavalrymen and John Fraser in awe asks him "What kind of a man are you?"

10) Finlay Currie's speech in The Fall of the Roman Empire (1964) - "There are millions like them waiting out our gates."

11) The head explosion in Scanners.

12) The last few minutes of City of the Dead (1959).
Old 12-05-11, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 208 Likes on 120 Posts

Oh, one more...(sorry for crappy video)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RpmnIpAXpig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(We're On The Radio scene from That Thing You Do!)
Old 12-06-11, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sonic

That scene is great. I have many times playback that scene over and over again lol
glad you like it and I like this scene moment and I like Henry Hill when he pissed and beating up his gun lol.
Old 12-08-11, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Also, Caesar saying "No!" in RotPotA was an awesome moment.
This is one of my favorite movie theater experiences. The entire audience let out a collective "holy shit!" when it happened. It was great!
Old 12-08-11, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
This is one of my favorite movie theater experiences. The entire audience let out a collective "holy shit!" when it happened. It was great!
Can't possibly compare with Heston's delivery of "Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!" in the original PLANET OF THE APES. You had to be there for the applause and cheers and laughter from the audience in 1968 when that happened.
Old 12-08-11, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
Can't possibly compare with Heston's delivery of "Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!" in the original PLANET OF THE APES. You had to be there for the applause and cheers and laughter from the audience in 1968 when that happened.
It could probably compare, it was a pretty awesome moment.
Old 12-08-11, 02:18 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd say it probably overcame that moment in PoTA. I mean..it's an Ape...saying "no!" That's more surprising than Heston yelling out that awesome line. I saw it coming for Caesar to say something at that moment...but him saying "No!" was pretty badass cuz it's an Ape talking.

Superman- Superman saving Lois Lane and catching the copter. It's fucking magical. I get chills seeing that..cuz it looks really really good and still holds up well for the most part.

TDK- The Batpod blasting out of the Tumbler.

The Fly- At the very end..Brudlefly combing w/ the machine...amazing.

The Fountain- The Conquistador finding the tree and drinking from it's sap.

Y Tu Mama Tambien- Maribel Verdu dancing and seducing the viewer to "Si Tu Hubieras Ido" (fucking love that song)

Death Proof- The Last 30 mins or so...starting exactly when Zoe Bell starts getting on the hood of the car.

Heat- The shootout

The Incredible Hulk- seeing Hulk say, "Hulk Smash!"

The Matrix- Lobby scene

Star Trek- The whole intro

Last edited by Solid Snake; 12-08-11 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-17-11, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

In the first TWILIGHT movie where Robert Pattinson (Edward) leaves Kristen Stewart's (Bella) house, because he read Gil Birmingham's (Billy Jack) mind that he coming to her house. As he drive's away, the two of them pass each other and the STARE that they give each other is good. No dialog.