Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Worst Movie You've Seen In A Long Time ?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Worst Movie You've Seen In A Long Time ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-11, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Worst Movie You've Seen In A Long Time ?

A couple I remembered that I am very glad they were rentals were Death Race 2000, which was too stupid even for a corny drive-in schlockfest and Dinner For Schmucks. Dinner was so bad I'd rather watch my dog take a dump that sit through that annoyance again.
Old 02-27-11, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wait..you mean..you'd rather watch your dog take a shit...and have it watch the movie...while...you watch it..watch the movie?
Old 02-27-11, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just looking at some of the titles mentioned in the past few posts:

Synecdoche, New York (68% fresh on RT)
The Hangover (79% fresh on RT, certified fresh)
Tropic Thunder (83% fresh on RT, certified fresh)
The Road (75% fresh on RT, certified fresh)
Piranha 3D (75% fresh on RT, certified fresh)

These are some of the worst movies you've seen in a long time? No offense (I don't give a shit because some of you are reaching in this thread), you need to watch some movies that actually suck. These are films that you may not enjoy, but to call them the worst movie you've seen in a long time? Wow. Even from a guilty pleasure standpoint, I happened to enjoy G.I. Joe, Knight and Day, and Observe and Report.

Here's a good example of what could constitute as films that we can all agree on suck:

After the triple threat of My Soul To Take, Skyline and Season of the Witch; I asked Rogue to stop sending me passes to their films. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you. I should've known better, but I thought watching Season of the Witch intoxicated would've been amazing due to Nic Cage. I was wrong.

Considering their next films out of the gate are: Take Me Home Tonight (a film that has sat on the shelf for four years and gone through numerous title changes), Limitless (Leslie Dixon couldn't write her way out of a paperbag), and Shark Night 3D... I probably made the right decision.
Old 02-27-11, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I recently watched Due Date and wish I never had. I know it's not a direct remake of Planes, Trains and Automobiles, but it seems to be a remake of sorts of it, even if they don't want to admit it. But the main difference is that there is NOTHING redeeming about ANY of the characters in this movie. The entire movie is mean spirited and just void of any reason to care for what happens. A complete waste of time.
Old 02-27-11, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
and a film I'm sure sucked...it just shows no redeeming visual.
Really? Posting about a film that you haven't seen? Tsk tsk.

For me, the very worst movie of 2010 - VALENTINE'S DAY
Old 03-17-11, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

My wife and I watched Hereafter last night. Outside of the first 10 minutes, the movie was awful. I hated it.
Old 03-17-11, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

A Beautiful Mind
Old 03-17-11, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate me if you will, but;

Clockwork Orange
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight

Very long movies with very slow plots while being overly pretentious movies. And ive tried quite a few times to watch them figuring that maybe the first time I just couldn't get into it, and several attempts later on guessing that my mood wasn't into them the previous attempt.
Old 03-17-11, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

House of the Dead- I thought I would at least get a guilty pleasure feeling; nope.

The Next Three Days- maybe it was because I didn't know that it was going to be more of a character study than anything else, but even in that light, it's quite pretentious and overlong. The ending really felt like a sell-out.

Sucker Punch- okay, hasn't come out yet and haven't seen it, but I know I will as I love looking at big screen spectacles with an inflated sense of self-worth. I am certain once it is over, it will be one of the worst I have seen recently.
Old 03-17-11, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I got conned into seeing "My Soul to Take" at the cinema as i was with a girl that i was dating at the time. Damn she has terrible taste in movie. That film was really horrible in every respect. I try to avoid horror movies for cinema viewings as the level of quality can be really hit and miss.
Old 03-17-11, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I tried watching MacGruber, but it was really unfunny and I usually like Will Forte.
Old 03-17-11, 06:55 PM

My soul to take and Due Date. I was not willing to believe how awful they were from other people. I had to see for myself. Sadly they were both truly awful movies.
Old 03-17-11, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyclad01

Clockwork Orange
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight

Very long movies with very slow plots while being overly pretentious movies. And ive tried quite a few times to watch them figuring that maybe the first time I just couldn't get into it, and several attempts later on guessing that my mood wasn't into them the previous attempt.
I can actually see where you are coming from on this and do agree but I do really like TDK.
Old 03-17-11, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Expendables. It's almost amazing how truly awful this "film" was.
Old 03-17-11, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gmanca
I tried watching MacGruber, but it was really unfunny and I usually like Will Forte.
I still hear people rave about this thing and I think I might have laughed once or twice. Other than that it was downright dreadful
Old 03-17-11, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Clockwork Orange
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight

Trust me, more people get offended when you hate on a bad movie than when you hate on a good one.

I thought Batman Begins was overrated. It was just an average movie in every respect. It had an average villain, an average hero, an average revenge plot, an average vengeance plot, an average romance, and the movie felt like it was building up to something but it fizzled out.

TDK cured that for me. It felt epic at every turn. Although, the plot is one of many reasons why I stopped reading superhero comics.

Spoiler:
I couldn't believe the motivations of someone like Batman, and why he wouldn't just kill the Joker and be done with it. It needlessly dragged on into the third act.

And as for A Clockwork Orange... not everyone can like Kubrick.
Old 03-17-11, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Superboy

I can agree to that. I almost listed Kill Bill 1 & 2 on my list, but I have noticed it takes me years to get into a Tarantino movie usually (Took me 12 years to get into Reservoir Dogs, and I mainly watched it cause 98% of it was filmed in my neighborhood when I lived in L.A.). It's rare I will like a Tarantino movie right from the get go.

So, much like Tarantino, Kubrick is an acquired taste. Just like drinking coffee (which still smells like dirty feet to me, and tastes the same I assume)
Old 03-17-11, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well the problem with great directors is that their movies don't always appeal to mass audiences, and that always includes someone who loves movies and appreciates good directors, but who just doesn't fall into their audience.

I have that feeling toward David Cronenberg. I respect him as a director, and I can see why other people love his movies, but they're just not my cup of tea.
Old 03-17-11, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Love and Other Drugs. Horrible.
Old 03-18-11, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Love and Other Drugs. Horrible.
Terrible movie. The worst part is I was really looking forward to Source Code, but now I'm worried that seeing Jake Gyllenhaal in such a bad role so recently may ruin it for me. It definitely has cooled my anticipation.
Old 03-18-11, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
Terrible movie. The worst part is I was really looking forward to Source Code, but now I'm worried that seeing Jake Gyllenhaal in such a bad role so recently may ruin it for me. It definitely has cooled my anticipation.
Best thing about the movie was Jake's Thighs.
Old 03-18-11, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Agreed. I never did like a single Christopher Nolan film for that matter.
Old 03-18-11, 06:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Superboy
Trust me, more people get offended when you hate on a bad movie than when you hate on a good one.

I thought Batman Begins was overrated. It was just an average movie in every respect. It had an average villain, an average hero, an average revenge plot, an average vengeance plot, an average romance, and the movie felt like it was building up to something but it fizzled out.

TDK cured that for me. It felt epic at every turn. Although, the plot is one of many reasons why I stopped reading superhero comics.

Spoiler:
I couldn't believe the motivations of someone like Batman, and why he wouldn't just kill the Joker and be done with it. It needlessly dragged on into the third act.

He didn't kill the Joker because he's not a killer. He does everything he can to NOT kill people wherever possible.
Old 03-18-11, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Chicago
Shakespear in Love

holy crap... the academy voters got this shit wrong big time...
Old 03-18-11, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also saw The Orphan. Really Really Bad.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.