Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Crazies Trailer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Crazies Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-09, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Crazies Trailer

Originally Posted by J. Farley
I'm a fan of Rahda Mitchell and Timothy Olyphant, so I'll see it. Can't say I'm too pleased with them seemingly turning this into another zombie flick though.
It's not a zombie flick...at all. These crazy people talk are still alive. They're not zombies.
Old 10-03-09, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Not a true zombie flick ... it seems to fall into the "new-age living zombie" genre. There seems to be a shift taking zombies from the traditional "living dead" to a "dead living" monster ... rather than dying and becoming a re-animated corpse, a person is infected while alive and "changes." Examples would include 28 Days Later, Quarantine, The Signal, The Happening (to some extent) and Stephen King's novel "Cell."

Nonetheless, it looks pretty damn good ... somebody should cast Timothy Olyphant as a sheriff in a TV series.
Old 10-05-09, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Nonetheless, it looks pretty damn good ... somebody should cast Timothy Olyphant as a sheriff in a TV series.
I know, someone call David Milch.
Old 10-05-09, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Whoa. Where did this movie came from? Looks really good. I never saw Romero's movie, but the trailer on Youtube makes it looks cool (well, in Romero's way ... not for everyone).
Old 10-05-09, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The thing I like about Romero's version is that it concerns itself with the chaotic bureaucracy of dealing with such an outbreak. This looks like it won't be too much more than a typical run-from-the-bad-guy, jump-scare, slasher film.
Old 10-06-09, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Seantn
It's not a zombie flick...at all. These crazy people talk are still alive. They're not zombies.
Well, that is why I said seemingly. From the trailer, it makes it look like the crazy in the jail cell dies and comes back as a zombified monster. It's good to know that's not the case.
Old 10-06-09, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks pretty cool.
Old 12-14-09, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New trailer:

<object width="576" height="358" allowFullScreen="true"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=17094950&repeat=1&siteHostUrl=http%3A//movies.yahoo.com"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="358" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/movies/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=17094950&repeat=1&siteHostUrl=http%3A//movies.yahoo.com"></embed></object>
Old 12-14-09, 10:32 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
Well, at least they didn't use Lux Aeterna..
Both of these songs (Lux Aeterna and Mad World) need to be banned from all trailers in the future. Lux Aeterna is an amazing piece of music that has been cheapened by its overusage, and Mad World is, dare I say, really bad. I'm not a Tears fan or anything, so it's not that I don't like that it's a cover song. I just don't like Gary's version. I never have.

Also, the theme from Saw is popping up in a lot of random trailers, too. It just doesn't work for those films, though.

That said, Clint Mansell and Charlie Clouser are making a killing off of the licensing, I'm sure, so good for them. Those guys need to do a project together.

edit: have to add... that new trailer really makes me want to see a red-band trailer.

Last edited by Dan; 12-14-09 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-14-09, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This movie looks great
Old 01-12-10, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Saw the film today and it's a pretty good movie. Some genuinely tense moments, and the cast is great. Loved Timothy Olyphant's performance; it's basically Deadwood's Sheriff Bullock battling the infected (he plays the sheriff in this too).

My one complaint is the same in all infected/zombie movies...a character walks into a room and doesn't notice the infected/zombie behind them/standing in the corner/ etc., and they have to fight them off. And then they walk into another room and the same thing happens. It gets a little repetitive.

But all in all, a fun flick that doesn't pull its punches on the violence either. I'd give it a solid B.
Old 02-26-10, 08:50 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

The DVDTalk review is up: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/42383/crazies-2010-the/

Anyone checking it out this weekend?
Old 02-26-10, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Geofferson
The DVDTalk review is up: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/42383/crazies-2010-the/

Anyone checking it out this weekend?

I am going to see it in about an hour