Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Losers (S. White, 2010) — Vertigo book about betrayed ex-Special Forces team

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Losers (S. White, 2010) — Vertigo book about betrayed ex-Special Forces team

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-10, 09:56 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Losers (S. White, 2010) — Vertigo book about betrayed ex-Special Forces team

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Yeah as I was sitting there at the end I got kinda bummed because I knew that there would be little chance for a sequel.

Zoe's ass shots where amazing....
That's my main reason for learning cinematography and filmmaking. Looking through the lens for the perfect frame w/ a nice looking ass.

Spoiler:
not really...I like movies..and to make them....but I'll use the ass shot excuse for my moments in bars now
Old 04-25-10, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Losers (S. White, 2010) — Vertigo book about betrayed ex-Special Forces team

Best part of the movie.
Old 04-26-10, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't wait...

Old 04-26-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah as I was sitting there at the end I got kinda bummed because I knew that there would be little chance for a sequel.

Agree on both points...
Old 04-28-10, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Saw it today. Liked it a ton. Like others have said, Patric and Evans really stole the show. Definitely enjoyed myself with this one.
Old 04-28-10, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 627 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
If you can't get Javier Bardem for your movie you can always get Jeffrey dean Morgan!

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
or....

Holy crap! I know wanna see them in a movie as brothers.
Old 04-28-10, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Holy crap! I know wanna see them in a movie as brothers.
Twins. Seriously. I truely thought it was Bardem when I first saw that fight scene between Zoe and him.
Old 04-28-10, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 627 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by troystiffler
Twins. Seriously. I truely thought it was Bardem when I first saw that fight scene between Zoe and him.
They should star together as Ramσn and Diego De La Vega in a remake of Zorro The Gay Blade. And I guess either Al Pacino or Robert Downey, Jr. could be Esteban, the alcalde.
Old 05-08-10, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Caught a matinιe of this today... it wasn't anything spectacular, but it was entertaining. Probably a 3 1/2 out of 5 for me. I was a little underwhelmed with the action and pacing of the film, but the actual characters were entertaining enough to keep me interested in the movie. Under a different director, I think this would have been awesome. Chris Evans owns this movie, and if it wasn't for him and some of the banter with him and his teammates, the movie would be far less enjoyable. I actually hated the character of Max; just wasn't interesting and was a bit too silly for me. Zoe was hot, and the rest of the Losers were fun to watch. I don't know anything about the comic, but I think i'll pick them up.

That said, I want to see an action comedy movie with Chris Evans pitted against Ryan Reynolds. That would rock.
Old 05-08-10, 07:50 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Caught a matinιe of this today... it wasn't anything spectacular, but it was entertaining. Probably a 3 1/2 out of 5 for me. I was a little underwhelmed with the action and pacing of the film, but the actual characters were entertaining enough to keep me interested in the movie. Under a different director, I think this would have been awesome. Chris Evans owns this movie, and if it wasn't for him and some of the banter with him and his teammates, the movie would be far less enjoyable. I actually hated the character of Max; just wasn't interesting and was a bit too silly for me. Zoe was hot, and the rest of the Losers were fun to watch. I don't know anything about the comic, but I think i'll pick them up.

That said, I want to see an action comedy movie with Chris Evans pitted against Ryan Reynolds. That would rock.
Jesus...that'd be crazy funny and awesome.
Old 05-15-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, from a how-faithful-to-the-comic perspective, this failed. In the comic Max is

Spoiler:

twins

I do think that the change of locale (from the Middle East to South America) didn't harm the film. However, the comics were funny/cool. The movie was funny/silly. Still better than it could've been.

Columbus Short is also very funny.
Old 09-29-10, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loved when Max
Spoiler:
shot that woman in the face after the umbrella she was holding blew off of his face for a minute.

Old 09-30-10, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Caught this and thought it was fun and entertaining. There was an open kind of ending.. so while I would like to see more, but doubt there will be a sequel.
Old 09-30-10, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked it fine. It's biggest problem is it's only half a story. Apparently the original comic goes further.