Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The First Avenger: Captain America (2011, Johnston) - News, cast, rumors

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The First Avenger: Captain America (2011, Johnston) - News, cast, rumors

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-10, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: The First Avenger: Captain America (2011, Johnston) - News, cast, rumors

SAM WORTHINGTON may be CAPTAIN AMERICA! It would be an excellent choice.

http://screenrant.com/sam-worthingto...ors-rob-37806/

Does Sam Worthington have the record for having action figures made from three movies in a row?

TERMINATOR SALVATION:

CLASH OF THE TITANS:
Old 01-11-10, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,660 Likes on 1,035 Posts

I'm officially tired of Sam Worthington. He's a perfectly servicable actor. There are PLENTY of those out there to choose from.
Old 01-11-10, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's not in the running for Captain America. Folks were just speculating because he was wearing a Captain America t-shirt, but he said it's because he's an Avengers fan.
Old 01-11-10, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

That Avatar action figure looks like it'd be a blast to play with, almost as exciting as Prof X.
Old 01-11-10, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the odds of them casting a non-American as Captain America is pretty low.
Old 01-11-10, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sauce07
That Avatar action figure looks like it'd be a blast to play with, almost as exciting as Prof X.
I don't know why toy companies force themselves to make those wheelchaired figures. I guess they have to make them to be politically correct, but they know they ain't going to sell.
Old 01-11-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by toddly6666
I don't know why toy companies force themselves to make those wheelchaired figures. I guess they have to make them to be politically correct, but they know they ain't going to sell.
You don't know the mentality of the completionist action/inaction figure collector...
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
I think the odds of them casting a non-American as Captain America is pretty low.
I thought it would be better if they casted a non-American, especially for such a patriotic character. As long as they dont pick Channing Tatum, I should be happy with the choice.
DVD Talk Hero

It's going to end up being Will Smith.
Old 01-11-10, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
You don't know the mentality of the completionist action/inaction figure collector...

haha, yeah, I do know - action figure collectors are just as bad as dvd collectors...

How come they didn't make an action figure of Stryker's son for X-Men 2? They could have just reused Professor X's wheelchair. That figure wouldn't even need articulation cuz Stryker's son didn't move.
Old 01-12-10, 03:21 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Patman
at 5'11", Christopher Egan is a little short, but he's got the looks to play Steve Rogers.
Patman:

Yeah, I can sort of see Christopher Egan (from Kings) playing Cap; as long as he put on a ton of muscle. Especially around the neck, arms, and chest.

However, I still would like to see someone who would be similar in age appearance to Robert Downy Jr, though. So in my book, Eric Dane would actually be my number one first choice to play Captain America.

Last edited by Disc Man; 01-13-10 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-12-10, 05:12 PM
Cool New Member

In fact, here is a scene with Eric Dane from the movie called the Feast.
He definitely has the look and the acting down pat, if you ask me.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RIFPupQMtbU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RIFPupQMtbU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 01-12-10, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Disc Man
In fact, here is a scene with Eric Dane from the movie called the Feast.
He definitely has the look and the acting down pat, if you ask me.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RIFPupQMtbU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RIFPupQMtbU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Well fuck....if I ever wanted to see that movie, that is a pretty big spoiler video.
Old 01-12-10, 07:00 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

fuck it even had it in the trailer. So...it was everywhere.
Old 01-12-10, 07:36 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Well fuck....if I ever wanted to see that movie, that is a pretty big spoiler video.
Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
fuck it even had it in the trailer. So...it was everywhere.
Yes, and here that scene roughly within the trailer...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xgys3pi2eN0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xgys3pi2eN0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Side Note:

Oh, Wolf 359: there is no need to start bringing out the swear words in your posts back to me, bro. Even if it was a spoiler. Besides, Feast the movie is not new either. It has been out for quite some time, now. I mean that would be like you yelling at me because I revealed that Luke Skywalker destroyed the Deathstar at the end of "A New Hope" or something silly. There has to be a cut off point to where a spoiler is no longer a spoiler, anymore. Otherwise what would the point be in discussing movies openly on a forum then.

Last edited by Disc Man; 01-12-10 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-12-10, 07:40 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well....yes and no. Feast is much lesser known film in comparison to SW. So....your point isn't that valid. Kong falling off the Empire and the Luke thing..that's fine to not spoiler but...maybe not the Feast thing. Though...to validate the point. He wasn't cursing at you he was just cursing that it is a spoiler clip but again...even that's in the trailer.
Old 01-12-10, 08:04 PM
Cool New Member

Well, as you know: the scene happens at the beginning of the film and really doesn't have an effect on the overall plot (and is not in danger of ruining the movie). It is just some dude who pops in real quick fooling you briefly that he might be our protagonist or hero (when in fact, it turns out he is not). It is a joke or a gimmick used in the film. Nothing more. Also, like you said, this scene was in the trailer, too.

As for spoiler information concerning older lesser known films:
I wasn't sure about your rules on spoiler information on that topic here. I will abide by and respect them of course.

As for the swearing thing: Well, the swear word might not have been directed towards me directly. But it still shows a lack of respect towards me when using language in a reply back to me, though. Especially when I don't know him.

Normally I don't mind language if it is used as a broad statement about something. As long as it isn't directed directly or indirectly in a post (or reply) back to me or someone else I know. I mean, he wouldn't use that type of language when speaking with his grandma now would he? Why would he do so to a fellow online movie member he hasn't gotten to know yet?

Last edited by Disc Man; 01-12-10 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-12-10, 09:27 PM

Well fuck...
Old 01-12-10, 09:38 PM
Cool New Member

Better. I think.

Old 01-12-10, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take back my choice of Brad Pitt. I think some actors are too good for super hero movies.
Old 01-13-10, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I take back my choice of Brad Pitt. I think some actors are too good for super hero movies.
Uhhhhh I think you need to rethink your statement there buddy, Topher Grace was in a super hero movie.
Old 01-13-10, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Its probably been mentioned already, but after watching Matt Damon again last night in Rounders i think he has the chops to make a good Cap. He can do the action thing as seen in Bourne, but he is a pretty good actor on top of that. The only thing holding him back could be his height. But i think he would be a wise choice. Forget Will Smith. Cap has to be white....and played by an actor who can actually act.
Old 01-13-10, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Matt Damon, 10 years ago, would have made a good cap, but he's pushing 40 nowadays. Sure, RDJr is over 40, but he's in an Iron Man suit.
Old 01-13-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Disc Man
Yes, and here that scene roughly within the trailer...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xgys3pi2eN0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xgys3pi2eN0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Side Note:

Oh, Wolf 359: there is no need to start bringing out the swear words in your posts back to me, bro. Even if it was a spoiler. Besides, Feast the movie is not new either. It has been out for quite some time, now. I mean that would be like you yelling at me because I revealed that Luke Skywalker destroyed the Deathstar at the end of "A New Hope" or something silly. There has to be a cut off point to where a spoiler is no longer a spoiler, anymore. Otherwise what would the point be in discussing movies openly on a forum then.

Dagnabbit, don't get your panties in a wad about the swearing. Here is a better place for you:
Disc Man

Last edited by Wolf359; 01-13-10 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-13-10, 11:39 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Dagnabbit, don't get your panties in a wad about the swearing. Here is a better place for you:
Disc Man
Wolf 359:

Wow. Is this how you make new people feel welcome here?
Dude, thats just not right.

And, as I said before: I don't mind swearing. As long as it isn't directed back to me directly or indirectly back in a reply to me (when you don't know me). General swearing about certain things is not a problem because it doesn't show a lack of respect towards me specifically. I fact, It is all about respect when you use bad language with someone. You wouldn't use bad language when talking with a person who is going to hire you? Why? Because you don't know that person yet. Plus it is out of common courtesy and respect, too. Furthermore, you want to get the job, as well.

Anyways, I am really trying to be friendly here. But I keep getting slapped down for being creative or standing up for myself. Hey, if you don't want to be nice. That's your choice, man.

In any event:
I wish you peace, my friend.
And please have a good day and take care.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.