Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

2nd Thoughts on The Dark Knight

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

2nd Thoughts on The Dark Knight

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-09, 12:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 2nd Thoughts on The Dark Knight

Originally Posted by fumanstan
The moderators haven't changed. Acting like it's different because of IB is silly, let alone believing that there was "order" before. People have always created duplicate topics. That's not going to change any time soon.
I know people have always created duplicate topics (I did that when I started posting), but I remember members like Cameron pointing out quickly of the previous exiting thread, and the duplicate was close almost immediately. No one bitched to Cameron or any other member who show them of past threads. And yes, there were other mods before IB took over. I remember them being more active before than they are now.
Old 02-16-09, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
no, you're not. like you and the many before you who start YATDKT, you are simply interested in creating these to see what justified flame posts will likely follow and perhaps sit back with glee at the morbid fascination you have to see what transpires.

you post nothing of significance in your OP to even remotely further discussion or continue discussion on an already discussed to death topic.

you are simply here to annoy and that is all. you, just like your cronies before you, are likely to never post in this thread again whether it started witty discussion again or not.
Dude, take a chill. I honestly was not here to start a flame war, but after seeing the responses, I am a suprised at the reaction.

I wanted to see if people agreed or disagreed in a macro sense of the movie, and then we could get into the micro part, but if you want specifics, here goes:

1. I actually thought the Joker character was pretty annoying, and sorta distracted from the movie after it was all said and done. I like Ledgers performance, but I think made TOO much of a fuss over it.

2. I think the movie didn't focus on Batman/Bruce Wayne enough, and I think it lost that intimitacy that great movies possess.

3. I thought the ending went on TOO long, starting with the Two-Face, as it seems like the movies lost alot of steam in the last half hour.

4. I though Maggie Gyllenhall wasn't that good, although better then Katie Holmes, but both were lame.

5. I still love the supporting cast: Freeman, Oldman, Caine, and love what the movie was trying to do in the story Nolan was telling about The Dark Knight, so I do respect the hell out of this movie for being in the comic book genre, but overall it hasn't wowed me like the great movies I have grown to love in the past after repeat viewings.
Old 02-16-09, 12:48 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 947 Likes on 793 Posts

i don't even think IB is a mod on most of these forums. doesn't he do most of the technical site stuff? why is he even being talked about.
Old 02-16-09, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by coli
Dude, take a chill. I honestly was not here to start a flame war, but after seeing the responses, I am a suprised at the reaction.

I wanted to see if people agreed or disagreed in a macro sense of the movie, and then we could get into the micro part, but if you want specifics, here goes:
coli,
you just blew it. the point of our PM's back and forth was for me to take the heat now and take it away from you. gosh!
Old 02-16-09, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23
I know people have always created duplicate topics (I did that when I started posting), but I remember members like Cameron pointing out quickly of the previous exiting thread, and the duplicate was close almost immediately. No one bitched to Cameron or any other member who show them of past threads. And yes, there were other mods before IB took over. I remember them being more active before than they are now.
Plenty of people complained about him being a mod-wannabe. I know it annoyed me when he cited threads that were years old, and it often annoyed me. It's not a big deal. Dark Knight stuff is one thing, reposting a topic that has long been dead is another. Regardless, just use the report to a mod link.

i don't even think IB is a mod on most of these forums. doesn't he do most of the technical site stuff? why is he even being talked about.
IB = Internet Brands = Company that owns DVDTalk. We're not talking about IB-Dick, the worker that does the tech stuff.
Old 02-16-09, 12:53 PM
Banned

IB = Internet Brands not IB-Dick, who I suppose also have administrative control here.
Old 02-16-09, 12:57 PM
Banned

coli,
you just blew it. the point of our PM's back and forth was for me to take the heat now and take it away from you. gosh!
Great! So you 2 came to a truce after you started the flame war and kept everyone else out of the loop. I was trying to defend your original complaint, which I supposed you really felt right to vent, yet I'm the one taking the heat for both of you.
Old 02-16-09, 01:07 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. I actually thought the Joker character was pretty annoying, and sorta distracted from the movie after it was all said and done. I like Ledgers performance, but I think made TOO much of a fuss over it.

2. I think the movie didn't focus on Batman/Bruce Wayne enough, and I think it lost that intimitacy that great movies possess.

3. I thought the ending went on TOO long, starting with the Two-Face, as it seems like the movies lost alot of steam in the last half hour.

4. I though Maggie Gyllenhall wasn't that good, although better then Katie Holmes, but both were lame.

5. I still love the supporting cast: Freeman, Oldman, Caine, and love what the movie was trying to do in the story Nolan was telling about The Dark Knight, so I do respect the hell out of this movie for being in the comic book genre, but overall it hasn't wowed me like the great movies I have grown to love in the past after repeat viewings.
These are all the complaints/criticism already covered in numerous threads, ad nauseum.
Old 02-16-09, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ugh. I figured by Feb the Dark Knight jacking fest would be over. Guess not.
Old 02-16-09, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

dammit don't kill the thread - this is how I will make it to 10,732 posts!
Old 02-16-09, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

seriously do i even need to post it...

Old 02-16-09, 01:20 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by iamiam
These are all the complaints/criticism already covered in numerous threads, ad nauseum.

Thats fine, but why doesn't a mod just lock this thread instead of everyone complaining.
Old 02-16-09, 01:44 PM
Banned

Thats fine, but why doesn't a mod just lock this thread instead of everyone complaining.
Because of the 3 moderators in this forum, only one still active (wendersfan) and I doubt he is watching the board 24/7.
Old 02-16-09, 01:45 PM

Old 02-16-09, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Why couldn't we just have another forum? The Dark Knight is certainly much more engaging and worthy of discussion far greater than Star Wars

Old 02-16-09, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

I'm just posting in here because it's a TDK thread.
Old 02-16-09, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't believe I have ever posted in a TDK thread before. And I don't plan on posting in this one.
Old 02-16-09, 05:08 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

best movie of all time
Old 02-16-09, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 746 Likes on 546 Posts

Old 02-16-09, 05:28 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Who's ready for another thread?

3rd Thoughts on The Dark Knight, anyone?
Old 02-16-09, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

In before the lock!
Old 02-16-09, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 181 Posts

I'll forgive new people not doing a thorough search before creating threads, so I'm not going to jump all over coli.

Oh, wait...

Now I see why there are post counts easily available.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the movie just as much at my house.