DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (D: Liebesman; S: Fox, Arnett, Fichtner) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/539016-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2014-d-liebesman%3B-s-fox-arnett-fichtner.html)

BJacks 09-05-08 12:24 AM

Talking to Peter Laird tomorrow so we'll see what he says about all this.

Supermallet 09-05-08 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah (Post 8917691)
The CGI movie was a huge "fuck you" to fans IMO, as bad as the third live-action movie. At least that had a few hilariously awful scenes. But seriously, no Shredder or established villains, bad script with partial ripoffs of Gremlins 2, and a disappointing voice cast. The only reason why I didn't walk out sooner was to hear Kevin Smith's voice part, which sounded as much like him as the sky is green.

That's why I'm very open to a dark TMNT movie.

I'm so with you, man. That sequence where the turtles escaped from the movie and Hulk Hogan had to tell them to get back in it was a total rip off of Gremlins 2.

Zen Peckinpah 09-05-08 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 8918976)
I'm so with you, man. That sequence where the turtles escaped from the movie and Hulk Hogan had to tell them to get back in it was a total rip off of Gremlins 2.

I must have been at the restroom at that part. :D

candyrocket786 09-05-08 09:14 AM

Loved the original and the animated movie.

I was hoping for another animated sequel, but I'll take a darker, live-action film as well.

islandclaws 09-05-08 10:29 AM

I'd love to see a new, darker turtles film. I was a huge TMNT nerd in elementary school, and I loved the first flick. If they did a new one right (w/ Shredder) I'd be all about it.

DthRdrX 09-05-08 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 8918976)

Nudie Nudie Nudie! :)

I liked the animated film and wouldn't mind one more with Shredder. I'd love to see another live action film but it would have to be similiar in tone to the first one.

mndtrp 09-05-08 01:04 PM

I have the TMNT II soundtrack sitting next to the computer desk as I type this.

I'm all for another installment in a live action series, and will certainly welcome a darker approach.

NoirFan 09-05-08 01:48 PM

According to TMNT writer Stephen Murphy’s blog the 5th Turtle, this is completely untrue.

Jedi Master 33 09-05-08 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 8920049)
According to TMNT writer Stephen Murphy’s blog the 5th Turtle, this is completely untrue.

Yeah, I posted this on the prvious page, but people just ignored it

DthRdrX 09-05-08 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33 (Post 8920171)
Yeah, I posted this on the prvious page, but people just ignored it

Or the links don't work.

Anyway, Tokka and the other ungodly stupid creature were much worse than Rocksteady and Bebop. I really liked TMNT 2 until it took a turn for the worse with the new creatures. Of course, Vanilla Ice didn't help the end of the film at all either.

NiCK Crush 09-05-08 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by BJacks (Post 8918883)

Let us know.

RTisBetter 09-05-08 02:59 PM

As a big fan of the comic I've hated every single fucking movie, cartoon, show or anything released with the tmnt name on it. They need to make a violent, R-rated CGI film based on the original works. Of course I doubt any cocksucking studio head would actually greenlight it. Fuckers.

NoirFan 09-05-08 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 8920207)
Or the links don't work.

Why is that? Are we not allowed to link to blogs for some reason?

pinata242 09-05-08 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 8920356)

Seems to be missing a vital piece of the URL. http://?????.blogspot.com/

NoirFan 09-05-08 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 8920368)
Seems to be missing a vital piece of the URL. http://?????.blogspot.com/

The truncation is being done on DVDTalk's end.

pinata242 09-05-08 03:12 PM

Seemed obvious since you both did the same thing ;) What is the missing piece so we can just do it manually? Or how about posting the content of the blog.

DthRdrX 09-05-08 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 8920356)

No clue. I thought it was odd that the links wouldn't open but what do I know. :)

mattysemo247 09-05-08 03:34 PM

Here it is again from IGN:

According to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles writer Stephen Murphy's blog the 5th turtle, the claims made by TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman at his Heavy Metal forum that a live-action movie was in the works are "complete nonsense and entirely untrue." (Eastman reportedly sold his interests in TMNT years ago and is no longer involved with it.)

Murphy had several months earlier quashed a statement initially posted at the official site of TMNT license holder Playmates Toys claiming that a live-action movie was in the works. Playmates later revised their statement and removed the "live-action" part. Murphy "can wholeheartedly confirm" that there will indeed be a sequel to TMNT, "although it's more likely to be early 2011" rather than 2010 as stated by Playmates.

Furthermore, Imagi Studios, the outfit behind last year's TMNT, may or may not be involved with the sequel. The 5th turtle posted this official statement a few months ago: "Imagi's unilateral option to produce and distribute a sequel to the 2007 TMNT CG-animated movie expired on April 30, 2008. As a result, while Mirage continues to speak with Imagi, Mirage has begun discussions with several other movie companies regarding the production of a new TMNT film for distribution sometime in the not-too-distant future."

NiCK Crush 09-05-08 03:52 PM

Ugh... i wont bother with another CGI film. I'm still going to be hopeful for another live action Turtles movie... whenever it may happen.

GradVT06 09-05-08 03:53 PM

:doh:

I dug the 1st live action movie! I still occasionally order a pizza and pop it in.

Though I've yet to see TMNT... I'll get to it eventually.

I would have dug a new darker live action movie though.

Jedi Master 33 09-05-08 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 8920207)
Or the links don't work.

Don't know how that happened. I just copy and pasted the link. The enitre link should have been there.

Jedi Master 33 09-09-08 02:16 PM

Confirmed...again

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7654

NiCK Crush 09-09-08 03:19 PM

CGI-live action hybrid? I suppose it could work... but the turtles would have to look much more realistic than in the previous TMNT cgi film.

pinata242 09-09-08 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by BJacks (Post 8918883)

Anything come of this?

My Other Self 09-09-08 03:31 PM

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/09/09...brid-is-close/

Yeah... can't fucking wait. It doesn't say anything about it being gritty, though. Hmm.