DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (D: Liebesman; S: Fox, Arnett, Fichtner) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/539016-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2014-d-liebesman%3B-s-fox-arnett-fichtner.html)

NiCK Crush 09-04-08 02:37 PM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (D: Liebesman; S: Fox, Arnett, Fichtner)

Saw it reported yesterday on G4's Attack of the Show. Apparently they are going to go for a more "Batman Begins/Dark Knight" approach... could be great.

I guess they are trying to get Steve Barron to direct again, and of course Laird and Eastman are going to be involved 100%.

I really hope something comes from this... the 2007 animated film left me very dissappointed.

Who knows though...

http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/...eigh-9308.html

DeanoBKN 09-04-08 02:51 PM

It appears that the success of Batman will bring to light a lot more "darker" comic book movies. But considering that's where TMNT came to form, I'm all for it!

It can't be any worse then TMNT III, right???

Draven 09-04-08 02:55 PM

They actually did a great job of riding the line between the comics and the cartoons with the last live action movie, but it would be nice to push it all the way into the blood and gore of the original comics. However, no one would go see it, so I'd be surprised if it went this way.

I actually liked the animated movie - I just wish it had more full-team fighting in it. I wanted a much bigger battle on the way into the building. It is GORGEOUS in HD as well - a real demo piece, especially the rain fight.

Michael Corvin 09-04-08 03:15 PM

No Corey Feldman = No sale!

fumanstan 09-04-08 03:16 PM

I thought the animated film was fantastic and i was hoping they would do another.

BJacks 09-04-08 03:17 PM

I don't really see the point of remaking a film like that with the same director, but I'll hold judgement until more details come out.

pinata242 09-04-08 03:21 PM

I loved the animated movie and think it works better as such. We'll see where this goes, if anywhere...

NiCK Crush 09-04-08 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by BJacks (Post 8917588)
I don't really see the point of remaking a film like that with the same director, but I'll hold judgement until more details come out.

Well, it's supposed to be more of an origin film... the first movie really didnt touch on that all that much, aside from Splinter explaining it in brief flashbacks.

GoldenJCJ 09-04-08 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 8917583)
No Corey Feldman = No sale!

No Vanilla Ice = No sale!

"Go ninja, go ninja, go..."

Zen Peckinpah 09-04-08 03:45 PM

The CGI movie was a huge "fuck you" to fans IMO, as bad as the third live-action movie. At least that had a few hilariously awful scenes. But seriously, no Shredder or established villains, bad script with partial ripoffs of Gremlins 2, and a disappointing voice cast. The only reason why I didn't walk out sooner was to hear Kevin Smith's voice part, which sounded as much like him as the sky is green.

That's why I'm very open to a dark TMNT movie.

fumanstan 09-04-08 03:56 PM

I thought it was on par with the first live action film. :shrug: Plus, one of, if not THE best fight sequence with the Raph vs Leo fight.

Solid Snake 09-04-08 04:26 PM

I would love to see a 2 Disc Special Edition of the First TMNT Film...it was darkish.

Seantn 09-04-08 04:35 PM

I hope they travel back in time again and fight all those warriors! Getting back to the roots of what people loved about the movies.

fumanstan 09-04-08 05:07 PM

Needs more Bebop and Rocksteady.

Cornelius1047 09-04-08 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah (Post 8917691)
...partial ripoffs of Gremlins 2...

Just out of curiosity, how? I've seen both recently and didn't remember thinking this, but I also wasn't exactly looking for it.

K

My Other Self 09-04-08 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 8917909)
Needs more Bebop and Rocksteady.

It needs Bebop and Rocksteady PERIOD.

I remember being so diappointed when I saw the trailers for TMNT2 and there was no mention of either.. I like Tokka and Rahzar, but man.. it would've been nice to see them in a live action.

Why did they never go that route?

invisiblegt 09-04-08 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah (Post 8917691)
The CGI movie was a huge "fuck you" to fans IMO, as bad as the third live-action movie. At least that had a few hilariously awful scenes. But seriously, no Shredder or established villains, bad script with partial ripoffs of Gremlins 2, and a disappointing voice cast. The only reason why I didn't walk out sooner was to hear Kevin Smith's voice part, which sounded as much like him as the sky is green.

That's why I'm very open to a dark TMNT movie.

This is almost exactly how I feel. While I am perfectly fine without Shredder, or an already established villain, the CGI movie was very dull and uninspired. It felt more like something a so-called "fan" would make on his computer, as opposed to a film that could have very well been a return to the mainstream for the Turtles.

So I, for one, am eager to see TMNT once more. So long as Michelangelo uses a yo-yo as a weapon, I'm down.

Jedi Master 33 09-04-08 06:40 PM

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/16/...-in-the-works/

I wasn't a huge fan of the CGI movie, but it defintely was better than the second and third movies. Too bad they didn't get this into production sooner. This should be really coming out next year.

Jedi Master 33 09-04-08 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 8918072)
It needs Bebop and Rocksteady PERIOD.

I remember being so diappointed when I saw the trailers for TMNT2 and there was no mention of either.. I like Tokka and Rahzar, but man.. it would've been nice to see them in a live action.

Why did they never go that route?

They were inventions of the cartoons and were corny and stupid.

Of course so was TMNT2...

BullGooseLoony 09-04-08 07:34 PM

I got one word for everyone: Krang

Imagine the guy from that other guy's stomach in Total Recall...in a Ninja Turtles movie.

Krang, his giant robot body, and shredder would be instakickass.

NiCK Crush 09-04-08 08:13 PM

The possibilites for this are endless... I cant stop thinking of things that should do for this film.

Jedi Master 33 09-04-08 08:59 PM

They can only make this movie if Spliinter makes a funny...

Jedi Master 33 09-04-08 09:05 PM

Hate to say this but the news is fake

http://the-5th-turtle.blogspot.com/

Zen Peckinpah 09-04-08 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius1047 (Post 8918040)
Just out of curiosity, how? I've seen both recently and didn't remember thinking this, but I also wasn't exactly looking for it.

K

Both movies had small, zany and mischievous monsters wreaking havoc on New York City. There's also a scene where the monsters devour food rapidly (the salad bar in Gremlins 2, the diner in TMNT). Most importantly (not obvious), both movies have a billionaire who you can never tell whether he's a good guy or bad guy.

DeanoBKN 09-04-08 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah (Post 8918433)
Both movies had small, zany and mischievous monsters wreaking havoc on New York City. There's also a scene where the monsters devour food rapidly (the salad bar in Gremlins 2, the diner in TMNT). Most importantly (not obvious), both movies have a billionaire who you can never tell whether he's a good guy or bad guy.

Mr. Clamp was a hero in my eyes!