DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/538555-dark-knight-rises-nolan.html)

DaveyJoe 06-19-12 09:54 AM

Re: The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 11276976)
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASQqjK47c04?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ASQqjK47c04?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Holy shit, Bane calls Batman "Mr. Wayne" right before the sewer fight.

TheMovieman 06-19-12 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe (Post 11277097)
Holy shit, Bane calls Batman "Mr. Wayne" right before the sewer fight.

Yeah, though it is line with the comic book since he knows Batman's identity there as well. It'll be interesting to see out how he finds out.

Spoiler:
Ras Al Ghul and the League of Shadows perhaps?

fumanstan 06-19-12 10:01 AM

That was awesome.

DaveyJoe 06-19-12 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman (Post 11277105)
Yeah, though it is line with the comic book since he knows Batman's identity there as well. It'll be interesting to see out how he finds out.

Spoiler:

Yeah, I think we all suspected he would find out, it was just neat seeing him actually say it in a trailer; and like you, I'm interested to find out how he discovers Batman's identity.

gryffinmaster 06-19-12 10:11 AM

:drool:

And with that, I think I'm officially done with trailers and TV spots until July 20th.

redrum 06-19-12 10:15 AM

Ya I keep saying that but I keep clicking

RocShemp 06-19-12 11:34 AM

So... Where in that new trailer was JGL wearing the Batsuit? ;)

Tom Creo 06-19-12 11:36 AM

I'm telling ya, JGL will don the cape.:lol:

redrum 06-19-12 11:41 AM

JGL is a skinny little bastard, he couldn't be Batman or even Robin if he wanted

Why So Blu? 06-19-12 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman (Post 11277105)

Spoiler:

In the comic book, it took him one year to figure out his identity. He did it alone, though.

badlieut 06-19-12 11:49 AM

Wow...loved that shot of Batman moving thru the light of the gun blasts!

RocShemp 06-19-12 11:49 AM

Well didn't Nolan take partial inspiration from Prey (where Hugo Strange also deduced Batman's identity)? But having Bane get the info from the League of Shadows is not unlikely since a few (if not a whole army) of those guys were still running free by the end of Batman Begins.

Originally Posted by badlieut (Post 11277283)
Wow...loved that shot of Batman moving thru the light of the gun blasts!

Yeah, that was both badass (as a viewer) and scary (if you were on the receiving end).

Why So Blu? 06-19-12 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 11277284)
Well didn't Nolan take partial inspiration from Prey (where Hugo Strange also deduced Batman's identity)? But having Bane get the info from the League of Shadows is not unlikely since a few (if not a whole army) of those guys were still running free by the end of Batman Begins.

Yeah, that was both badass (as a viewer) and scary (if you were on the receiving end).

I hope Bane figured it out on his own. It would make him that much more scarier as opposed to relying on secondhand info.

Solid Snake 06-19-12 11:57 AM

badass trailer.

interesting to see a bit of grey hair on Wayne when Lucius makes the comment of knowing where he parked.

Originally Posted by Tom Creo (Post 11277252)
I'm telling ya, JGL will don the cape.:lol:

he may do so. But we sure as hell haven't seen footage of it.

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 11277294)
I hope Bane figured it out on his own. It would make him that much more scarier as opposed to relying on secondhand info.

He did in the comics but since he may be in cahoots or literally part of the LoS....maybe not. Still awesome hearing say "Mr. Wayne"

RocShemp 06-19-12 12:21 PM

Also, does Catwoman find out on her own that Bruce is Batman? Or does Bane basically out Wayne to Catwoman during that very moment? And how much does Blake know, given the previous trailer showed him conversing with Kyle about the fate of Bruce/Batman (it's never made clear if Blake knows the two are the same)?

Ah! Why can't today be the release date?! :mad:

Nick Martin 06-19-12 01:20 PM

Now we know how Gordon ends up in the hospital like in the first teaser.

That trailer was beyond fantastic.

islandclaws 06-19-12 04:04 PM

Now that is the kind of trailer that pumps me the fuck up.

Solid Snake 06-19-12 04:14 PM

I wonder who that business man is that's on the bike w/ some other guy driving. Thought it was Bats but it's not..thought the editing would make you believe it.

HN 06-19-12 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 11277750)
I wonder who that business man is that's on the bike w/ some other guy driving. Thought it was Bats but it's not..thought the editing would make you believe it.

JGL is the business man on the bike.

He's also the other guy driving.

Nick Martin 06-19-12 04:52 PM

http://s1-02.twitpicproxy.com/photos.../591472081.jpg

JGL's Hat Will Rise.

musick 06-19-12 08:28 PM

Haven't been following the leadup to this flick but thought the latest trailer looked pretty good

So i see some talk/speculating that JGL dons the batsuit in the movie ... Is there thought as to why?
Maybe to throw off Bane who calls Batman Mr. Wayne in the trailer from his true identity?

Solid Snake 06-19-12 08:40 PM

JGL is in the suit. We have footage. Right there in the trailer. I swear.

Some of us believe that some footage in trailers etc is JGL in the suit. Those of us who are sane see nothing but Bale in the suit...cuz he is. He COULD be in the suit at some point...but we've no footage to support that...and some of us believe we do.

kgrogers1979 06-19-12 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by musick (Post 11278072)
So i see some talk/speculating that JGL dons the batsuit in the movie ... Is there thought as to why?

Some people are speculating that JGL's role is going to be similar to that of Jean Paul Valley from the comics who replaced Bruce as Batman after Bane broke his back.

While I think it is certainly possible it could happen, we most certainly have not actually seen footage of JGL in the batsuit yet. Nolan wouldn't spoil something that major in a trailer.

Boba Fett 06-19-12 08:42 PM

The line "you know who he is" makes it sound like Batman has been gone for such a long time at some point a young child might not know of him.

whotony 06-19-12 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979 (Post 11278100)
Some people are speculating that JGL's role is going to be similar to that of Jean Paul Valley from the comics who replaced Bruce as Batman after Bane broke his back.

While I think it is certainly possible it could happen, we most certainly have not actually seen footage of JGL in the batsuit yet. Nolan wouldn't spoil something that major in a trailer.

How would anyone know the difference anyway?