DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/538555-dark-knight-rises-nolan.html)

RocShemp 08-05-11 01:43 PM

Re: The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy (Post 10879902)
How come she doesn't look like the Christopher Reeve SUPERMAN?? Fail... and look at those textures!! :mad:

Wrong thread. And she isn't wearing rubber chainmail. That's the new Superman's (and new Spider-Man's) fetish. :p

Nick Martin 08-05-11 01:47 PM

Since no one seems to care about why she's on Batman's awesome ride, I'm going to speculate that:

Spoiler:
1. Bane organizes a rally / protest outside that courthouse/prison/whatever place that is, that gets the Batman to come out during the day. He arrives and tries to fight his way through the huge brawl going on outside the steps and Selina steals the BatPod and takes off during the riot.

2. Selina and the Batman are working together and he told her to take off with it to follow someone while he handles Bane? Maybe she's going after Miranda-yes-I'm-really-Talia-Al-Ghul-Tate? Two versus two, perhaps? Batman/Selina versus Bane/Talia?

TheMovieman 08-05-11 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin (Post 10879916)
Since no one seems to care about why she's on Batman's awesome ride, I'm going to speculate that:

Spoiler:
1. Bane organizes a rally / protest outside that courthouse/prison/whatever place that is, that gets the Batman to come out during the day. He arrives and tries to fight his way through the huge brawl going on outside the steps and Selina steals the BatPod and takes off during the riot.

2. Selina and the Batman are working together and he told her to take off with it to follow someone while he handles Bane? Maybe she's going after Miranda-yes-I'm-really-Talia-Al-Ghul-Tate? Two versus two, perhaps? Batman/Selina versus Bane/Talia?

Sounds plausible.

RocShemp 08-05-11 01:50 PM

Spoiler:

Both theories sound good. :up:

Nick Martin 08-05-11 01:57 PM

Also, Tom Hardy has some interesting things to say about playing Bane, comparing himself to actors like Heath Ledger, and the funny downside to wearing Bane's mask:

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/tom-ha...k-knight-rises

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...oubles_1238203

The second link mentions he and Batman signaling each other which possibly explains one of the leaked pics that had them standing in front of each other with funny hand gestures.

Superman07 08-05-11 02:22 PM

Spoiler:

Not bad ideas. My thought is perhaps
Spoiler:
in the event Batman is injured she feels the need to step into his shoes. Maybe she breaks into the Batcave and "borrows" equipment to accomplish this.

PopcornTreeCt 08-05-11 04:17 PM

Selina has to be working with Batman. Only way that explains that half-million suit and gear she's wearing.

RocShemp 08-05-11 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt (Post 10880070)
Selina has to be working with Batman. Only way that explains that half-million suit and gear she's wearing.

Not necessarily. She could have purchased all that gear (sans Batpod) via the wealth she's "acquired" during past jobs.

As for the Batpod, she could have (A) stolen it from Batman whilst he was busy fighting Bane (would be a great way for Batman to then track her down). Or she could have (B) received it as a "loaner" from Batman (much like he loaned Grodon the Tumbler during the climax of BB). Or (C) she could be working for the League of Shadows and received it as a "gift" from Talia or Bane. Alternately, she could have (D) stolen a Batpod copy that belongs to the League of Shadows (not out of the question since they have their own Tumblers).

TheMovieman 08-05-11 05:10 PM

Found this article about the football scenes:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11217/1165434-100.stm

Batman, meet Big Ben.

The new labor agreement in the NFL banned teams from practicing twice a day but it says nothing about Ben Roethlisberger and his Steelers teammates practicing for good old "Gotham" on the set of the new Batman movie Saturday morning.

Roethlisberger and about a dozen of his veteran teammates will take part in the filming of Dark Knight Rises playing -- what else? -- football players at a familiar venue for them, Heinz Field. The production, which has been filming in Pittsburgh, moves Saturday morning to the Steelers home, where thousands of extras playing fans have been recruited. The Steelers will return to Saint Vincent College in Latrobe for a real football practice under the direction of coach Mike Tomlin Saturday afternoon.

The Steelers quarterback has become close with Thomas Tull, the film's executive producer who joined the Steelers ownership group two years ago. Tull helped influence the shooting of the movie in Pittsburgh and he's been trying to get the Steelers involved. Chrstopher Nolan is directing the third in his Batman trilogy. The movie stars Christian Bale as Batman and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.

"I'm kind of getting everybody together," Roethlisberger told the Post-Gazette today. "I heard it's going to be a neat thing at the stadium. I don't think it will be a big part, it's not like we're chasing Batman down or anyting. It's something neat that in 10 years or 20 years we can tell our kids we were in a movie. Thomas does movies big and I'm sure it will be a big-time movie and something fun to be part of."

Among teammates expected to join him are Hines Ward, Willie Colon, Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Wallace, Heath Miller, Aaron Smith, Ryan Clark, Troy Polamalu, James Farrior and Casey Hampton.

There will be an early call for the football-playing actors -- they must be on the set, which is closed to the public, by 7 a.m. Saturday, and this after tonight's practice in Latrobe.

"From what I've heard, it's going to be like a pre-game, warming-up type thing,'' Roethlisberger said of the Steelers' roles. "I don't know the whole concept. There's a Gotham team, a football game. We'll be wearing uniforms. It will be fun."

Traffic restrictions around Heinz Field will be in place over the weekend. Art Rooney Avenue from W. General Robinson to Reedsdale Street will be closed Saturday and Sunday. The west side curb lane of Art Rooney Avenue from North Shore Drive to West General Robinson Street will be closed through Monday.

PopcornTreeCt 08-05-11 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 10880130)
Not necessarily. She could have purchased all that gear (sans Batpod) via the wealth she's "acquired" during past jobs.

As for the Batpod, she could have (A) stolen it from Batman whilst he was busy fighting Bane (would be a great way for Batman to then track her down). Or she could have (B) received it as a "loaner" from Batman (much like he loaned Grodon the Tumbler during the climax of BB). Or (C) she could be working for the League of Shadows and received it as a "gift" from Talia or Bane. Alternately, she could have (D) stolen a Batpod copy that belongs to the League of Shadows (not out of the question since they have their own Tumblers).

Good points. I'd rather see a make-shift costume like all the villains get.

Nick Martin 08-05-11 05:22 PM

I'm not at all into sports but it sounds pretty exciting, and I'm looking forward to how this plays out in the film.

Solid Snake 08-05-11 05:30 PM

You believe correctly...

kstublen 08-05-11 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin (Post 10879764)
So seriously, what exactly were people expecting her to look like? This isn't "Batman Returns" or any other on-screen version of the character so what were people looking for? Halle Berry wasn't exactly a winner either in terms of her (very stupid) look.

I was expecting something more than a black, leather body suit with no style whatsoever. Her "costume" looks like a generic spy outfit from any movie and is not even remotely reminiscent of Catwoman. I'm hopeful that the costume will have some sort of hood with ears, so she at least resembles Catwoman, and it's just not shown in the picture because it wasn't part of the scene.

Isn't this what was to be expected? Personally, it was exactly what I expected - not a "hey that's Catwoman" kind of thing at all because it would be downplayed to more of a simple thief kind of deal. No obvious 'ears' or whip or whatever the elements are that Catwoman-esque because she's no-nonsense.

Except if she's a no-nonsense thief, it would actually make sense for her to wear something to cover her hair or face so she wouldn't leave behind any evidence or get identified.

Supermallet 08-05-11 06:38 PM

I think I'm going to have to stay out of this thread now that all the pics are leaking.

whotony 08-05-11 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 10880230)
I think I'm going to have to stay out of this thread now that all the pics are leaking.

Better not go to the movies, you might see a Dark Knight Rises movie poster there.

PopcornTreeCt 08-05-11 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 10880230)

It's not just this thread. Warner released an official photo that's on every site. But yeah I've been avoiding the other ones.

banthafett 08-05-11 07:01 PM

So is Big Ben gonna have his friends block a door while he tries to rape Catwoman?

Hokeyboy 08-05-11 07:14 PM

Any more Hathaway shots in skintight black leather and thigh-high boots, the pics won't be the only thing leaking...

Paul_SD 08-05-11 07:34 PM

So seriously, what exactly were people expecting her to look like?

Catherine Zeta Jones from the opening of Entrapment. I always assumed if they were going, aesthetically, after a more logical/realistic interpretation of the character, that's where they might crib it.
The fact that the suit is skin-tight rather than a little looser fitting somewhat surprises me. Nice to see it though, as it calls to mind Julie Newmar which isn't a bad thing.

And of course she will function as Batman's ally for a significant part of the movie- but I'm sure at the end, Nolan will make it clear that her motives or allegiances are more mercurial.

This aspect is as big a no-brainer, imo, as anticipating Rachel Dawes being killed to trigger Dent's switch.

redrum 08-05-11 08:05 PM

it's Anne Hathaway wearing tight clothing, wearing goggles/glasses on Batmans motorcycle, don't see the big deal here, i'm sure she will be wearing different things throughout the movie

i didn't even want her character in this movie and i don't have a problem with it

dvdsteve2000 08-05-11 08:11 PM

They trashed Heinz field for the movie:

http://www.wpxi.com/video/28777620/index.html

RocShemp 08-05-11 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy (Post 10880255)
Any more Hathaway shots in skintight black leather and thigh-high boots, the pics won't be the only thing leaking...

:eyebrow:

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000 (Post 10880309)

Whoa! Looking forward to the scene that causes that!

Nick Martin 08-05-11 10:04 PM

It's weird, in one video it looked like it was an indentation in the ground, but in a video shown on "Batman On Film" which was a full story about it, it looked raised.

So Hines Ward goes from "Dancing With The Stars" winner, to being busted for a DUI, to making a TDKR cameo.

Sweet. :thumbsup:

JTH182 08-05-11 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000 (Post 10880309)

Looks to me like they built on top of the field to make it appear that way... probably a pretty easy clean up really.

There's no way they would completely trash the field this close to football season. I mean the Bears couldn't even PRACTICE on Soldier Field today, and they've had all summer to take care of their grass :lol:

Deftones 08-05-11 11:33 PM

yeah, that looks like a field on top of a field.