Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-12, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Might be stating the obvious here...
That's fine, this is the thread where RocShemp is stating the completely baseless, we need a balance.
Old 06-15-12, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 676 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Might be stating the obvious here, but Bruce Wayne is supporting his body weight with a cane in that TV spot (while talking with Fox). Seems like he acquires the plane after he gets roughed up pretty bad.
I think that's after Bruce has escaped his imprisonment. Notice that in this spot (as well as another previously posted) Bruce tells Fox that he needs to get him back in the game.

Originally Posted by DonnachaOne
That's fine, this is the thread where RocShemp is stating the completely baseless, we need a balance.
All I did was post a new TV spot and quote a line from it that I found funny since it harkens back to a line from Batman Begins.
Old 06-15-12, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I think that's after Bruce has escaped his imprisonment. Notice that in this spot (as well as another previously posted) Bruce tells Fox that he needs to get him back in the game.
I don't know about the "get back in the game" line, but from the looks of things, Bruce escapes because he's built his strength up and his determination to do it. All the push ups, training in his cell, etc then he breaks himself free.
Old 06-15-12, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
I don't know about the "get back in the game" line, but from the looks of things, Bruce escapes because he's built his strength up and his determination to do it. All the push ups, training in his cell, etc then he breaks himself free.
You see him fall in one of the spots while exiting the pit. He could easily be injured and weathered by the time he returns to Gotham.

Meh, we'll find out soon.
Old 06-15-12, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

We have a few pieces of the puzzle, we're just not sure how all they fit together yet.
Old 06-15-12, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 160 Posts

Is it likely he won't be Batman until the second half of the film? First time he's hurt looks like he's just Bruce Wayne - maybe trying be heroic, gets messed up, realizes he needs the symbol and persona of Batman?

Guess that wouldn't explain why he's rebuilt a better batcave if he's not still Bats on occasion....
Old 06-15-12, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 92 Likes on 69 Posts

Could it be the injury he sustained from the fall with Harvey? (Which would mean it's a permanent injury, given this movie takes place 8 years after "The Dark Knight").
Old 06-15-12, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

GIFs from the new tv spot:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 06-15-12, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
Could it be the injury he sustained from the fall with Harvey? (Which would mean it's a permanent injury, given this movie takes place 8 years after "The Dark Knight").
Doubt it. Seems like's very mobile when he takes on Bane the first time.
Old 06-15-12, 03:41 PM

I love the fact that we have all these pieces but haven't put them all together because we don't know how they fit. It's not something that's been overly exposed or spoiled or just plain too simplistic to figure out. We actually get to be surprised when going to a movie for once.
Old 06-15-12, 06:04 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

fan made poster, very nice:

Old 06-15-12, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
fan made poster, very nice:

for the fact they even did a custom credit block.
Old 06-15-12, 07:01 PM

Love to get a high res version of that. It's great.
Old 06-15-12, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,186 Likes on 923 Posts

Damn if that poster wasn't fan made and actually for sale I'd love to hang that on the wall. Very nicely done.
Old 06-15-12, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 214 Likes on 180 Posts

Only change I would make is have the villains lined up with the respective poster (i.e. Neeson/Murphy for BB, Eckhart/Ledger for TDK and Hardy/Hathaway for TDKR). Otherwise it is a cool poster.
Old 06-15-12, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ That kind of bugged me too but I agree it's a very cool poster.
Old 06-15-12, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Love to get a high res version of that. It's great.
Here you go:

Spoiler:

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Only change I would make is have the villains lined up with the respective poster (i.e. Neeson/Murphy for BB, Eckhart/Ledger for TDK and Hardy/Hathaway for TDKR). Otherwise it is a cool poster.
The creator of the poster already made that change. (See the spoiler above.)
Old 06-15-12, 08:20 PM

Thanks.

What annoys me more about posters is when the actor's names are above, left to right but they don't correspond to the actors in the image, which could be right to left.
Old 06-15-12, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks.

What annoys me more about posters is when the actor's names are above, left to right but they don't correspond to the actors in the image, which could be right to left.
I've never understood why studios do this and it's always bothered the shit out of me. Seriously how hard is it if you have the actors on the cover art and are putting their names there to have them correspond to the right person? I get in some cases it may be a case of which actor gets the top billing or whatever but if that's the case why don't they think of that more when they create the poster/artwork.
Old 06-15-12, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks.
No problem.

Originally Posted by Mike86
I've never understood why studios do this and it's always bothered the shit out of me. Seriously how hard is it if you have the actors on the cover art and are putting their names there to have them correspond to the right person? I get in some cases it may be a case of which actor gets the top billing or whatever but if that's the case why don't they think of that more when they create the poster/artwork.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's OCD about that.
Old 06-15-12, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What's to understand?

Actors have it in their contracts where they will land in the billing.

Often, they will also have it sorted where they will be on the poster and how big their face will be. It's not uncommon for "______'s face will be 15% bigger than _______'s face" to be a contractual requirement. This, along with the billing, can present problems for the graphic designer. How do you properly compose a poster that's balanced and artful when you have to satisfy the visual and billing demands? So, rather than create an ugly poster matching up to the names, they create the best composition they can relative to the visual demands. Generally an actor famous enough to be billed is famous enough to be recognized, so it's not necessary to have the billing be accurate labeling.

People always complain that the names don't match up, often decrying the skill of the graphic designers, and I'm sick of reading that swill. This is the second time today I've had to set someone straight about it on this forum...
Old 06-15-12, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cry me a fucking river you really get that upset over reading posts about this? Really that seems like a pretty lazy excuse. It's so hard to design a poster or a cover with the proper billing order? I understand how the billing of stars works as I mentioned in my initial post but you'd think they'd keep this in mind when they do the photo shoot or when they're putting the final design together for the poster or whatever other promotional pieces. Put the actor in whatever order they agree to be billed and position them that way on a picture. Figure it out with the costars and what they agree to and attach their names. I guess though these days studios couldn't give a shit about what posters look like anyways they just want it to be heads of whoever is starring rather than something creative that actually would require some thought being put into. It's all pretty stupid anyways. The poor actor doesn't get his name first, the world is going to come to a crashing end.

Last edited by Mike86; 06-15-12 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-15-12, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Cry me a fucking river you really get that upset over reading posts about this?
When I read whinging about this constantly from people who'd rather snivel than look it up, yes. If I was curious enough about this as a child to look it up when The Three Musketeers came out in 1993, what's the excuse for your willful ignorance?

It's so hard to design a poster or a cover with the proper billing order?
Did you not read my post and jump straight to talking rot? Again, the billing order isn't the issue. Reconciling the visual demands of the actors with the billing is an issue. Reread.

I understand how the billing of stars works
Could've fooled me...

you'd think they'd keep this in mind when they do the photo shoot or when they're putting the final design together for the poster or whatever other promotional pieces.
They don't shoot actors together. Most times they don't even shoot actors completely, only their faces, and expect to match the faces up to photo doubles.

It's all pretty stupid anyways. The poor actor doesn't get his name first, the world is going to come to a crashing end.
Well, if it's so unimportant to you, why mention it at all?

Why do the summer movies always bring out the trolling posters...
Old 06-15-12, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jesus man you need to calm down a bit. Getting pretty upset over a tiny thing. I'm not the master on billing you win. I bow down to you and your obvious vast knowledge of billing. Also I fail to see how I'm a troll. I simply posted something that I agreed with another poster on and clearly wasn't as educated as you. Get over it.
Old 06-15-12, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jesus man you need to calm down a bit.
Oh, I'm zen. You're the fella who so eloquently said "it's always bothered the shit out of" you, and now you're saying I'm getting worked up. Your failure in reading comprehension is matched only by your failure as a comedian.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.