Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-12, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

I never understood the rationale behind putting female comic characters in high heels. Its rediculously impractical and in all the action scene they wear stunt boots anyway. Dumb dumb dumb.
Old 04-11-12, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by SuckaMC
I never understood the rationale behind putting female comic characters in high heels. Its rediculously impractical and in all the action scene they wear stunt boots anyway. Dumb dumb dumb.
Once again, it's been confirmed that her heels are lined with blades so they can be used as a weapon. Nolan doesn't have a habit of putting flashy shit on costumes just for the hell of it, everything has a practical application.
Old 04-11-12, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Running in heels is never practical. ;-)
Old 04-11-12, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by SuckaMC
Running in heels is never practical. ;-)
Hey, Agent Scully always pulled it off.
Old 04-11-12, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts

Catwoman is looking good in those pictures and
Old 04-11-12, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Bale's face looks so weird in the cowl sometimes.
Old 04-11-12, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Here's Bane all shredded. Looks like there will be several body types used in the film.

Old 04-11-12, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Shredded? He just has that Columbo jacket off.
Old 04-11-12, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by whotony
Shredded? He just has that Columbo jacket off.

Compare that pic to the one where he was all back in his profile. That was more of a Bronson build. Here, he's lean. It's as plain as day.
Old 04-11-12, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Screen presence has never been about how "big" you are in the frame. I still have coworkers who think Nolan's going to CG Bane into some hulking behemoth. It's about the framing, intensity, etc... and isn't part of Bane's appeal his smarts? He's just physically got the upper hand on Batman.
Old 04-12-12, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Old 04-12-12, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,215 Likes on 2,074 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Here's Bane all shredded. Looks like there will be several body types used in the film.

I can't understand a thing he's saying in that picture!
Old 04-12-12, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts

No raccoon eyes for Catwoman?
Old 04-12-12, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
No raccoon eyes for Catwoman?
It's funny that in Goyer's draft of Batman Begins, he had a moment where Alfred had to stop Bruce from going to his birthday party because he forgot to take off the makeup from his eyes.
Old 04-12-12, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-15-12, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

'The Dark Knight Rises' star Tom Hardy talks about playing Bane and inventing the villain's controversial voice: 'It's a risk.'

When Christopher Nolan asked Tom Hardy to play the villain in his third and final Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises, due July 20, the director doted on one job requirement in particular: the budding star would have to wear a mask that looked like a leathery baboon mouth with metal casings for fangs – a sort of steampunk respirator as fashioned by Francis Bacon. “I think he worried it would be something I might not consider because wearing a mask might damage my career or something. He thought I’d be worried that the audience couldn’t see my beautiful face,” says Hardy, who also worked for Nolan in the filmmaker’s 2010 Oscar-nominated smash Inception. “Like I care. It’s Chris Nolan! I would wear a paper bag over my head for that man.”

To play Bane, a willfully evil and possibly unstoppable force of mind and might, the British actor wanted to develop a distinctive voice, one that evoked (albeit elliptically) the comic book character’s erudition and ethnic heritage (Bane hails from a fictional Caribbean country). Hardy sought a sound befitting a man steeped in malevolence and old soul wisdom and who could trace his roots to ancient Latin culture. “There were two doors we could walk through,” says Hardy. “We could play a very straightforward villain or we could go through this very quirky door, which is totally justified by the text but may seem very, very stupid.” Not surprisingly, Hardy decided to go for the second option. “It’s a risk, because we could be laughed at—or it could be very fresh and exciting,” he says. While some found his dialogue incomprehensible in the IMAX-exclusive sneak peek attached to Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol last December, the actor asks for patience. “The audience mustn’t be too concerned about the mumbly voice,” says Hardy. “As the film progresses, I think you’ll be able to tune to its setting.”

Bane’s motivation as a villain remains one of Rises’ best-kept secrets—although the trailers suggest his master plan requires the razing of Gotham and the death of Bruce Wayne. Does Bane represent a specific political or philosophical complaint? The answer is… maybe. “I think the politics of the film are going to be hotly debated one way or another, as they were in the last film,” says Nolan. Listening to Hardy compare Bane to the scarred, clown-faced villain who terrorized Gotham City in The Dark Knight, you almost get the feeling of a revolutionary usurper with tremendous resources. “The Joker didn’t care—he just wanted to see the world burn, and he was a master of chaos and destruction, unscrupulous and crazy. Bane is not that guy,” says Hardy. “There is a very meticulous and calculated way about Bane. There is a huge orchestration of organization to his ambition. He is also a physical threat to Batman. There is nothing vague about Bane. No jokes. He’s a very clean, clear villain.”
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/04/1...ce-its-a-risk/
Old 04-15-12, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In every pic I see, Bane looks soooooooo underwhelming. I have no doubt that Nolan is crafting a great film, it's just that in my mind's eye, this is not Bane.
Old 04-15-12, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 208 Posts

That pic looks like he's getting ready to be in Mortal Kombat.
Old 04-15-12, 11:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluetoast
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VxOHD6_pyOA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-16-12, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Creo
In every pic I see, Bane looks soooooooo underwhelming. I have no doubt that Nolan is crafting a great film, it's just that in my mind's eye, this is not Bane.
This is still my most anticipated film of the year, but I have to agree. I won't judge anything but I'm just not feeling that excitement and anticipation I had for TDK.
Old 04-16-12, 02:45 AM
En vacance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Finish him. In any case i can't believe the only ones of the badguys Nolan cinematized for the first time were Scarecrow/Ras As Ghul... I guess they really want to overshadow the past villains by redoing them.
Old 04-16-12, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Okay, I'm calling the ending and or major plot point of the film involving Bane..

As we all know in the Nolanverse, the man keeps it real or as real as he can. A few months ago it was reported that Cillian Murphy was spotted at Union Station, which leads everyone to believe that the Scarecrow is back. Here's what's going to happen.

Spoiler:
The Scarecrow is going to poison Batman again and make him fight Bane. Batman is going to hallucinate that Bane is this gigantic superhuman thing that will crush him. I hope you guys haven't forgotten that first teaser of the film where it had Bane lumbering at Batman. We only saw a tiny glimpse of superhuman Bane.

I've a good feeling about this.
Old 04-16-12, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Okay, I'm calling the ending and or major plot point of the film involving Bane..

As we all know in the Nolanverse, the man keeps it real or as real as he can. A few months ago it was reported that Cillian Murphy was spotted at Union Station, which leads everyone to believe that the Scarecrow is back. Here's what's going to happen.

Spoiler:
The Scarecrow is going to poison Batman again and make him fight Bane. Batman is going to hallucinate that Bane is this gigantic superhuman thing that will crush him. I hope you guys haven't forgotten that first teaser of the film where it had Bane lumbering at Batman. We only saw a tiny glimpse of superhuman Bane.

I've a good feeling about this.

Don't even get me started on this. I remember last film they promised:

Spoiler:
Someone to see The Joker under the effects of Scarecrow's gas
Old 04-16-12, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Don't even get me started on this. I remember last film they promised:

Spoiler:
Someone to see The Joker under the effects of Scarecrow's gas

I'm not even going by what was promised. I've made my own conclusion from the footage and what I've seen and read on the side.
Old 04-16-12, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VxOHD6_pyOA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WTF? I can't understand a word he's saying in that clip!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.