Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel announces release dates....

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Marvel announces release dates....

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshalo
If it's Hulk with Banner's mind, they really wouldn't need Banner, would they?

I don't think the Hulk of Avengers is the green monster all the time is he? I'm not that up on comic lore..
Old 05-05-08, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mcfly

These titles definitely got me pumped, but on a different note, I was really hoping for a Gambit or Deadpool announcement.

Fox has those characters I thought?
Old 05-05-08, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
I wonder if Ed Norton will reprise his role of Banner in the Avengers after the debacle he had with Marvel?
What happened?
Old 05-05-08, 12:56 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by RocShemp
What happened?
According to Wikipedia:

During editing, Norton and the producers had a dispute: he and Leterrier wanted a running time near 135 minutes, while the producers wanted the film to be under two hours. This was made public, and rumors spread that Norton "made it clear he won't cooperate with publicity plans if he's not happy with the final product".[35] Norton dismissed this, "Our healthy process [of collaboration], which is and should be a private matter, was misrepresented publicly as a 'dispute', seized on by people looking for a good story, and has been distorted to such a degree that it risks distracting from the film itself, which Marvel, Universal and I refuse to let happen. It has always been my firm conviction that films should speak for themselves and that knowing too much about how they are made diminishes the magic of watching them."
Sounds similar to the problems on American History X, no?
Old 05-05-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Basically Marvel and norton/director disagreed about how the movie should be presented, I am sure this happens alot.

Even though in the end, norton admits that Marvel's movie was more commerical than his.
Old 05-05-08, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by mcfly
Regardless of that blown out of proportion debacle, Norton himself and someone at Marvel stated in some article that it's crucial that the actors who establish these characters would reprise their roles in an Avengers film.

I believe Norton had a contract for atleast 2 sequels the Hulk, so I would say it's more than likely.

These titles definitely got me pumped, but on a different note, I was really hoping for a Gambit or Deadpool announcement.
Deadpool is in the upcoming 'Wolverine' movie; I think Ryan Reynolds is playing him.
Old 05-05-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Be still my comic geek heart. Lots of movies to enjoy in the coming years!
Old 05-05-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
I don't think the Hulk of Avengers is the green monster all the time is he? I'm not that up on comic lore..
Hulk may have been a founding member, but he quit due to concerns about him rampaging out at times. At the time, he didn't revert back all that much. His membership was replaced by Captain America.
Old 05-05-08, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hulk may have been a founding member, but he quit due to concerns about him rampaging out at times. At the time, he didn't revert back all that much. His membership was replaced by Captain America.

True...but

Spoiler:
With the rumored fury/stark scene in the upcoming hulk movie, you would think they are setting him up for avengers
Old 05-05-08, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
But... Captain America is dead!
Old 05-05-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
I thought it was a little early to plant the seeds for an Avengers movie. I had no idea all this was in the works

BTW- is RDJ's rumored cameo in Incredible Hulk a quick shot like in Iron Man, or is it something more substantial.

Last edited by Double_Oh_7; 05-05-08 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-05-08, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Deadpool is in the upcoming 'Wolverine' movie; I think Ryan Reynolds is playing him.
Indeed, I'm well-aware but there was talk that Deadpool and Gambit would get their own spin-off films.
Old 05-05-08, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Double Oh 7, in regards to your question

Spoiler:
rumor has it that both nick fury and tony stark 'brief' Dr Banner. If that is true or not..is the question
Old 05-05-08, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
True...but

Spoiler:
With the rumored fury/stark scene in the upcoming hulk movie, you would think they are setting him up for avengers
Setting things in motion is fine, but Banner doesn't need to be a central thing for the Hulk to be involved in the Avengers. In fact, Peter David rethought the Hulk so that he never had to turn back into Banner.
Old 05-05-08, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
Yeah, the Avengers were originally brought together because they had to fight the Hulk...

I wonder if they try to go with the more commercial New Avengers (pre Civil War) take, which had Wolverine, Spidey, and non-tiara-wearing Luke Cage (maybe not Wolvie, but Spiderman could just be behind a mask and Cage would bring a little diversity... though Spiderman's rights might be held up?). Though I guess Iron Man, Captain America, and Hulk should be enough of a draw for the box office by that time.

I love Thor, especially the Simonson run, but I think it'd be really hard to make a movie revolving around him and not have him be corny. We'll see, though.
Old 05-05-08, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fox has Wolverine's rights, and Sony has Spider-man's rights. Although that would be great.
Old 05-05-08, 04:35 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Double Oh 7, in regards to your question

Spoiler:
rumor has it that both nick fury and tony stark 'brief' Dr Banner. If that is true or not..is the question
I heard that the cameo was two fold...
Spoiler:
Stark (RDJ) is having dinner at a restaurant and General Ross (William Hurt) walks by and they exchange pleasantries...

... then later on there is a scene with both Stark and Nick Fury.
Old 05-05-08, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I heard that the cameo was two fold...
Spoiler:
Stark (RDJ) is having dinner at a restaurant and General Ross (William Hurt) walks by and they exchange pleasantries...

... then later on there is a scene with both Stark and Nick Fury.
If this is true, it's an ingenious way of connecting all these movies and creating some momentum. Must have taken a hell of a lot of planning and collaboration, tho.
Old 05-05-08, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts
The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz is writing the script for X-Men 4.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/17/28417.php

It's only going to be a prequel so I doubt we see Wolverine or Gambit in this one.
Old 05-05-08, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And to have Hulk part of the Avengers means there needs to be at least 1 more film about Banner learning to control the Hulk.
Gray Hulk.
Old 05-05-08, 05:44 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
viggo mortensen as Thor

i'm stumped on Cap'n A

and who will play Hank Pym?

WHO?!?
Old 05-05-08, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dom56
The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz is writing the script for X-Men 4.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/17/28417.php

It's only going to be a prequel so I doubt we see Wolverine or Gambit in this one.

Thats interesting, I had read that he was going to take a 'new mutants' spin. Kind of like beverly high of x-men.
Old 05-05-08, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by An4h0ny

i'm stumped on Cap'n A
Easy: Matt Damon should play Captain America, but he's kinda getting up there in age (38 in October) if they keep putting off the production.

Also, I thought Kevin McKidd (Journeyman, Rome) would make a decent "Thor".

Last edited by Patman; 05-05-08 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-05-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Granted, it's been many years since I read Avengers 4, where Captain America is introduced, but from Avengers 1-4, there wasn't Banner, it was just the Hulk and that all five, Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk, and Ant Man were all in the group after issue four.

As far as the question of Spider-Man, he has been in the group off and on for ever, but he was a big part in the 80's after the "West Coast" Avengers split.

I'd like to see a Captain America WWII film in a Saving Private Ryan styled visual and no Ant Man film, just a form of origin where he joins in as Ant-Man in the final battle.

Either way, should be a great time for Marvel fans and comic book fans in general!
Old 05-05-08, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As far as the question of Spider-Man, he has been in the group off and on for ever, but he was a big part in the 80's after the "West Coast" Avengers split.
Huh? Spider-Man wasn't in the Avengers in the 80's.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.